[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think about Wizards and Warriors III: Kuros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

What does /vr/ think about Wizards and Warriors III: Kuros Visions of Power?
>>
>>3792697
Weird.
>>
I liked it better than Ironsword. Never played W&W1.
>>
Played it. Hated it.

>>3792750
Funny because the first is the only good one. Though I also think Ironsword is about ten times better than 3. Still a step down from the first.
>>
The series just gets progressively worse with each game. 1 is great, 2 is worse, 3 is a fucking trainwreck.
>>
I'm pretty sure W&W III is where HURR originated from, now if only we could find out where DURR came from...

On more serious note I like the whole W&W trilogy on NES but am first one to admit all 3 games have some minor problems:

First game is based around a very simple idea/premise that is executed well enough to make the game a well known and well liked classic. The only small nitpicks I can think of are shitty and/or flat-out useless power-ups (boots of lave walk comes to mind) and the fact you pretty much are forced to farm for jewels in the last level by killing random enemies.

The second game added elements like visually and functionally upgradeable equipment, magic spells and some attempt to have story elements beyond there being an evil wizard you need to kill and some princesses you need to rescue to the mix. IMO these elements where all good for the series but the game is let down by the abysmal and very random hit detection especially when hitting enemies in air.

The third game changed the level based progression to "metroidvania" style gameplay and changed equipment upgrades to job class based system. I think the concept is good and somewhat original (when compared to most console games from that time period) but there is something missing in the "fun factor" area of the game and I can see how making all of these changes at the same time may have upset some people. However I still like the game enough to do annual playthroughs of it along the other two.

Now I honestly think Wizards & Warriors was on it's way of becoming a truly great game series and for decades I hoped to see a 4th one but that never happened... anyone else think that W&W would have hit it big with one more game on SNES, PS or N64?
>>
>>3792797
>>3793118
I despised 2 so much that I dropped the series right there. I was also mad at myself for paying $55 for 2 at launch.

When I saw the lousy reception that 3 got, I felt justified in my decision to avoid it, although I've considered emulating it.
>>
lovely box art, though I like 2 better for our friend fabio
>>
File: yous-gun-get-it.png (47KB, 452x760px) Image search: [Google]
yous-gun-get-it.png
47KB, 452x760px
>>3793385
I liked the open (and completely nuts) setting and guild-based skillset, plus the music and quirky visuals. Good times; I really think it could have become a low-key cult classic if they had dropped the bullshit lives system and added something more appropriate -- a password system at least

Also, the concept art is hilarious
>>
File: muh-axedick.gif (44KB, 512x592px) Image search: [Google]
muh-axedick.gif
44KB, 512x592px
>>
I just realized the shopkeeper must be a pretty strong motherfucker in order to casually carry a fully armored knight out of his shop with just one hand and then just kick him out like it was nothing.
>>
my favorite game as a kid, and still to this day.
could never get into 1 or 2, but i see they are liked way more than this masterpiece?? The music, art, gameplay and exploration all make this an amazing game that i just can't help but play often. It's a shame it has such a small speedrunning community around it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.