[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to find a NES game that I played as a kid. It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Dragon_Warrior_-_NES_-_Town.png (2KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Warrior_-_NES_-_Town.png
2KB, 256x224px
I'm trying to find a NES game that I played as a kid. It had top view like the picture and I'm almost sure it had some sort of UI at the right side, like a constant display of health and other parameters occupying a lot of space on the screen. It had the typical slime/warriors/dragons mythology, mostly I remember slimes and a lot of green grass...

So if it rings any bells, please post!!
>>
File: hydlide_screenshot.png (9KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
hydlide_screenshot.png
9KB, 256x240px
It's called Hydlide!!!!! Sorry, I really did Google for a while but didn't find anything until I tried with slime. Well since I already made the thread, anyone knows if it's any good?
>>
>>3790857
The Famicom port was bad and the American release didn't improve it despite coming out three years later.
Play the X1 version instead.
>>
>>3790857
wow this is like totally an obscure game that hasn't been discussed a billion times!
>>
>>3790857
It's well known because AVGN made a review of it.
>>
>>3790879
Eh, this is the only I played as a kid and has the better logo.
>>3790886
>>3790935
Funny, I've been into games of this era and communities for more than a decade have seen AVGN but I didn't know this one by name. What ever context have you seen this one discussed in? Early JRPGs? Because I haven't.
>>
>>3791040
Hydlide is considered the direct predecessor of Legend of Zelda.
>>
You will do better off playing Super Hydlide for Sega Genesis. It does everything better and it gets often ignored as a great game for using Hydlide in the box and title screen.
>>
>>3793916
>It does everything better
Hydlide 1 is simple.
Hydlide 3 is a monster in complexity. You might be able to finish 1 in the time it takes to create a character in 3 and equip him without overloading yourself.
>>
>>3792898
The more you know... thanks.
>>3793916
>>3793952
The one I'm looking forward to is the Saturn one. It looks... interesting.

Any other games on the NES with an overlay? I swear there was another one...
>>
I tried the PC88 version of this but it's boring as hell.
>>
File: ys2.gif (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
ys2.gif
5KB, 256x224px
>>3794021
ys?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.