[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I wrong for being kinda done with this game? I've beaten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Fallout_2-front.jpg (200KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_2-front.jpg
200KB, 950x950px
Am I wrong for being kinda done with this game?

I've beaten the first Fallout and loved it but this one is kinda feeling like a chore or a drag.
There's a lot of playing delivery boy, going from points A to B to C to A again being too slow and lots of encounters and slow fights.

I didn't want to feel like this but I'm not having fun anymore, I don't know what did the first game have I actually loved it.
>>
>>3790317
it had an objective and was more linear, i liked it better too. oh and it was quite a bit shorter
>>
where are you? it definitely takes off a bit once you hit vault city or new reno and are able to get some decent gear.
>>
>>3790348
this, quest design is pretty Fed-Ex at the beginning (from Klamath to Vault City) but once you get to Broken Hills or New Reno quest design improves massively
>>
>>3790348
>>3790351
I just about to search for the Enclave at their base, I'm trying to get the stuff to get the Tanker to move, the PC shit and the fuel, I'm trying to find out with people where to find each stuff but traveling through the map with fights every 3 seconds is really tiring me now.
>>
>>3790354
man you're just at the end, just power through it. The part around navarro is supposed to be like that, to prevent people traveling there easily (it doesn't stop the autist to try to do a Navarro run every new game anyways)

Personally I love F2 for the immense roleplaying possibilities it gives, but I understand you. F1 is much more focused and better paced
>>
>>3790396
Decided to kill the Hubologists, they looked like a bunch of crazy people to me.

Yeah, I'm so near the end it'd be a shame not to just finish the game already.
>>
>>3790354
if you fixed up the car (forget where it is) you can travel faster and have less random encounters.
>>
>>3790351
>once you get to Broken Hills or New Reno quest design improves massively
Yeah, like bringing mine parts from Renesco to Zaius that is a time-sensitive quest so you have to do it immediately instead of just picking it up on the way. Or the Bishop questline.

Fallout 2 is all Fedex and has a lot of problems. If you are not a big fan of Fallout in general, it's extremely padded. I think it's a good game, but F1 is more of a concise package and it's more replayable even if F2 gives you more character building options.
>>
>>3790317
fallout 1 and 2 are different in play style

The world of fallout 1 is smaller and linear, but more focused and has a consistent atmosphere throughout the game

The world of Fallout 2 is larger and has more content, but has much less focus and detail
>>
Don't bother, Fallout 2 is way worse than the first one.

I felt exactly like you and I actually finished 2. I know where you are and it only becomes more disappointing since the final part of the game is some of the worst content the game has to offer.

Well at least if you play with the enclave power armor on.
>>
I will never understand you people, I've played 2 after 1 and found it a hundred times better. I was so hooked I've played it for 6+ hours for days and beat almost all the sidequests (save for the wedding and maybe a few other ones), it was an amazing ride. The amount of content is what makes 2 better than 1, even though the atmosphere isn't as dark and serious in 1. It's not only the quantity though, it's also the quality. There's so many locations to explore and things to find, and the writing is great, I don't understand how anyone can hate this game.
I'm a newbie when it comes to CRPGs, but I think Fallout 2 (and 1 too) is accessible as fuck.
I'm waiting for one more year to pass, and then I'll replay the game, I've almost forgot all the major stuff. I love this game, it's in my top 5 for sure.
>>
>>3793178
I like that Fallout 2 makes more builds good - Unarmed characters get more special perks and special moves, Melee Weapon progression is smoother than Combat Knife -> nothing -> nothing -> nothinggggg -> Super Sledge, and Big Guns have been expanded and properly represented, and Small Guns got end-game options.

And while I had a lot of fun with playing different FO2 characters, I acknowledge that the game has a lot more padding and it can get a bit draining. Completing all the sidequests in certain towns is not that interesting. Redding and Broken Hills really aren't greatly designed.

Whenever I play with the Killap Restored Content, I refuse to go to the bonus locations because it becomes obvious why they were removed. They are just shit.

FO1 doesn't make me feel like rushing some parts ahead, FO2 does. But they're both terrific games, it's just that it's easier to get a FO2 burnout.
>>
>>3793218
>FO1 doesn't make me feel like rushing some parts ahead
What? You're literally on the clock, you have a certain amount of days to finish your main quest or you get a game over, although this isn't that noticeable seeing how the world in Fallout 1 isn't that big.
Man, I love Fallout 1 too, I wish there was a 1+2 or something, I am always torn between 1 and 2 when making 3x3s, I know that 2 is a bigger game, but 1 really has that atmosphere going for it, and memorable locations too. I think I remember most clearly the quest I did to get into the Brotherhood of Steel. I recall going to that place with extreme radiation in which a lot of people died.
>>
>>3793224
The 150 day limit is never an issue, unless you are the type to just run around bumblefucking on empty desert tiles. If you're going from available content to available content you can take your time inbetween and have plenty of downtime - do all the sidequests you want and shit.
>>
1 is more focused, has better VAs (McGuyver, Monk).
2 can get meme heavy, power armor way too early, stupid last boss.
>>
Soo, Fallout thread?

Melee build is the shit in FO2

I love maxing melee stat and killing everything in one hit with he sharpened spear
>>
What do you guys think of Fallout 1.5?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.