[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT we post /vr/ games that no one else seems to like but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: circuscharlie.png (196KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
circuscharlie.png
196KB, 1024x768px
>ITT we post /vr/ games that no one else seems to like but we adore ourselves for whatever reason.

Starting with a personal favorite: Circus Charlie.
Simplistic and classic arcade style, was a very early Konami game (1984) in which you perform various circus acts and compete for a high score. It has a very innocent and childlike charm to it and I think I could play it endlessly. I actually experienced this game on a pirate console that had a bunch of famicom games as a kid (this game is Famicom only sadly) so it's kinda crazy I ever even discovered it, but it is noteworthy for certain.
>>
>>3790281
I should have specified better. It's J only as far as the NES goes. There are other versions of the game on C64 and the MSX and an arcade version as well.
>>
>>3790281
I played that on an arcade machine.
Great little game, even though there's one of the minigames I can never complete, not sure which one.
>>
>>3790295
It really is a nice relaxing title. Any time I show it to people, I get some "why the fuck would you ever boot this?" responses though.
>>
Pretty good detective story which is very unpredictable.
>>
File: 20170209_205038.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170209_205038.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>3790281

Hey, I like Circus Charlie, too! Here is my arcade PCB of it that I imported from Japan on a lark a few years ago, never played it prior. Unfortunately I don't have a cab monitor flipped to vertical so I can't play it at the moment. It is rather fun, I should put serious time into it.
>>
File: cover_large.jpg (119KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
119KB, 600x420px
I can't defend the game, but I like it.
>>
>>3790535
Wow, anon. That's super cool! Thanks for sharing!
>>
>>3790548
Plok is immune to criticism because of Tim Follin.
>>
File: SonsonCover.jpg (74KB, 425x602px) Image search: [Google]
SonsonCover.jpg
74KB, 425x602px
>>3790551

Yeah, it is a neat game and board, just need to rotate a monitor so I can play it again, hopefully it still works 100%.

Pictured is one game I love that people don't talk about too much on here. The arcade game is fun, I managed to 1CC it (though I don't know if it was set to defaults). Unfortunately the Famicom port has terrible slowdown.
>>
>>3790295
The swinging rope bit......
It always bends me over.

I know it ain't retro, but it appears on the Konkani Classics Collection on DS too.
>>
>>3790742
*konami sorry
>>
File: 5459-Agony-1.jpg (72KB, 579x600px) Image search: [Google]
5459-Agony-1.jpg
72KB, 579x600px
One of my favorite shmups. It's simple, fun and has beautiful graphics.
>>
>>3790798

Have never played it (nor hear of it, honestly), but I love that dark new-age graphics style... Not sure what to call that art style, but yeah.
>>
File: spelunker-eshop[1].png (179KB, 607x388px) Image search: [Google]
spelunker-eshop[1].png
179KB, 607x388px
>>3790742
That's the one. Never got the timing of that one right.

One game enjoy is Spelunker.
I probably tried playing it more than once just because of the music, but in the end I got the hang of it and ended up liking the game.
>>
>>3791146
Really like the look of this game. Might have to give it a shot.
>>
>>3792119
Just be ready for how delicate the protagonist is.
>>
File: IMG_0725.png (6KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0725.png
6KB, 320x256px
Apprentice for Amiga. It is one of the best, obscure western platform games. Graphic is average, but it still has charm to it. Controls are great and you have full control of the character, including jumping. Gameplay is excellent, there are a lot of things to discover and levels are always interesting. Music was composed by Chris Huelsbeck.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.