[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a Famicom and a Super Famicom that came with their original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: w1pr87.jpg (211KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
w1pr87.jpg
211KB, 600x600px
Just got a Famicom and a Super Famicom that came with their original brick adapters. Is it safe to use these without a stepdown converter? Should I just get a Genesis adapter for both? What do you guys use for you Jap imports?
>>
I use my toploading NES with the Gyromite Famicom adapter and a regular SNES with the region tabs cut out. I don't know anything about the power requirements of the FC or the SFC, so I just use my American models.
>>
You don't need a converter just plug it in your wall and it will work fine.
>>
>>3789665
You do need a stepdown converter if you live in Europe. I have one for my Twin Famicom.
>>
File: 1414198751827.jpg (844KB, 4558x4542px) Image search: [Google]
1414198751827.jpg
844KB, 4558x4542px
I was in this situation a few months ago and the information on this is confusing to say the least I'll try to explain very simply.

What you need is a plug from your country that meets the needs of the console and it's fine, no need for a stepdown convertor. You only need one of those if you use a plug from a different country that doesn't use the same V as you country.

What you need is a plug that outputs 10v DC like the brick says it does. The plug that PAL and USA Super Nintendos have is useless as it's an AC plug only but they have bridge rectifiers built into the consoles to convert the AC in to DC making it not a problem for them.

The plug part that goes into the console also needs to be negative polarity which is what the

(+)--(o--(-)

means, you want a plug that has the (-) line pointing at the middle circle and the (+) pointing at the outer shell.

To reiterate; find a 10v DC plug with neg polarity that is for your country's socket and you're good to go.
>>
>>3789628
Unplug it when you're not using it, the extra few volts at the wall are dissipated as heat. I used an OEM Famicom adapter for years without issues. If you want to get a 'standard' North American replacement, you can get a 9V 800-1000mA Center Pin Negative adapter from anywhere.
>>
>>3789769
>>3789847

Thanks!
>>
>>3789769
>>3789847

was going to make a thread similar to this but i thikn you guys solved my answer. Would something like this be fine for a Famicom and a SuFami? Also in North America
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEGATIVE-CENTER-PIN-5-5mm-9V-1A-500mA-300mA-AC-DC-Adapter-Power-Supply-Charger-/400754566201
>>
>>3789893
mA is too low, you want at least 800.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322350785723?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
>>3789907
Ah nice, thank you much
>>
>>3789731
For eurofags EU Mega Drive Model 1(only) adapter works for the Famicom and Super Famicom
>>
>>3789731
If he lives in Europe he would need a converter anyways because the sockets are different.
>>
>>3789628
Depends where you live champ.
>>
>>3790151
No need, just use a standard plug from your country. The plug in the console is a standard 5.5x2.1mm. You could easily right one suitable around the house
>>
>>3790116
yeah this
>>
I just bought a different plug with my australian specs worked perfectly idk why u would buy a stepdown converter
>>
>>3791397
You only really need one if the plug is built into the appliance and you can't be bothered to do some basic rewiring
>>
I always just keep my Famicom and Super Famicom plugged in with their original AC Adapters and haven't had any problems that I know of. Sure the bricks may get a bit warm but I don't think that'll do much harm, I would rather use their original adapters rather than a Genesis one. But if you're really paranoid that I say go for the ones others have linked
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.