[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck man? Actraiser 2 is completely balls to the wall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.png (119KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
119KB, 400x300px
What the fuck man? Actraiser 2 is completely balls to the wall unfairly hard.

The very first fucking boss takes half your health each hit and is in the air so impossible to hit unless you jump but if you jump and attack, it's impossible to dodge him moving if he happens to move. Then you have to jump and glide to dodge another move which does a 1/3 of your hp which puts you in danger of running into him and talking half your hp. All the while, you do 1/2 a point of damage and you can't even use any of your good spells against him.

I don't mind hard games but this game is bullshit. The hitboxes for getting hit aren't even consistent.

What a garbage sequel to Actraiser.
>>
>>3789351
Change difficulty. I know I did, still didn't finish the game though
>>
>>3789351
The thing that REALLY sucked about this incredibly hard game is that it has absolutely no simulation levels like the first. I was so sure it had them I actually put in the time it took to get to level 4 or 5, before finally convincing myself it was never gonna happen.

I mean, I know these games are supposed to be hard. Hell, I beat #1, and it was a fucking endeavor. But jesus, Actraiser 2 is fucking stupid hard, and eliminated the only good parts of the series.
>>
>>3789417
I think you probably should have played Populous instead
>>
>>3789351
They really half-assed this game. The glide mechanic is so god damn awkward, hell, the control altogether is fucking weird.
Don't see why they didn't just keep the same gameplay style from the stages first game, it was good, everything was just right.
>>
I can't believe the amount of gitting gud that is needed in this thread.
>>
>>3789351
The first boss is super easy. Most of the bosses are very easy. They have some very clearly defined patterns. But yeah, to make up for it they do more damage. But on the other hand you respawn right in front of them. On the other hand the American version gives you less lifes.

In the end, you suck at gaming. Try to get good once in a while.
>>
>>3789351
I also thought this game was unfair hard but I believe there is a reason the game displays a demo at the start of the game.

You gotta be all business all the time like in the demo.
>>
>>3789425
That was a beautiful game. I loved it .
>>
tying a hardcore action game to a simulation game was a mistake in the first place
>>
>>3789485
You know what kind of players like God Simulation games? Boring accountants with small dicks and no sex life. Hardcore action titles are for successful alphas with fulfilling sex and social lives.
>>
>>3789351
You should watch some twitch speedruns to gain strats. Not TAS bullshit. Some parts are really easy if you figure out the proper method.
>>
>>3789493
Then why the fuck are all those people that play shitty platformers on youtube huge beta FUCKS?
>>
When games do that thing where towards the end you have to re-fight all the bosses back to back I just turn the shit off.
>>
>>3789351
act raiser has amazing music

forest is god tier
>>
>>3789351
It's not actually hard. It just combines all the shit casuals hate into one game. Controls are complicated. Not a sonic/mario adhd rush though game. Remembering level layout is a plus which makes baby brains ache. Requires a bit of thinking. Like figuring out you can kill the first boss in a few hits with the right magic. Tedious as fuck. Much of the game is dodging shit and taking cheap shots.

I beat this game when it came out. Only because back then that's what you did to get value out of a game you spent your hard earned money on. This game is unfun as fuck.
>>
First ActRaiser is pretty hard too if you play on Arcade mode.
>>
>>3789548
Good idea. I did this and it looks like they are playing an easier mode. I notice enemies die in fewer hits.

Also, since I didn't have a manual, I didn't realize I had a couple of other spells. That helped.
>>
I never played the sequel but the action levels sucked dick in the first one. The controls were shitty as fuck.
>>
This game is piss easy compared to many other games.
>>
Glad they removed the boring garbage between the proper levels.
>>
>>3789351
The bosses are the easiest part in Actraiser 2, just literally spam the magic you need to hard counter them and you're gold.

Navigating the levels on the other hand, that's the hard part of the game.
>>
the bosses in Actraiser 2 work similar to the Mega Man games. Just learn a certain pattern and you're good.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.