[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Super Retro Trio any good? There's supposedly a new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

Is the Super Retro Trio any good? There's supposedly a new version with HDMI out coming in May.
>>
Total normie apparatus
>>
>>3787640
It's actual hardware and it works with flashcarts so it sounds fairly decent to me. I'm looking for legitimate criticism not buzzwords you ass.
>>
File: retron_vii.jpg (80KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
retron_vii.jpg
80KB, 900x900px
The wife and I are content with our pic related, but I just might have to pick one of these up for her son. It reminds me of his father.
>>
>>3787639
My wifes son loves it.
I plan to buy him another one.
>>
>>3787650
It probably has a terrible scaler and cycle inaccuracies. If it's like 50 buck, then whatever. Any more and I would just emulate until you can get your hands on a classic mini or a used AVS.
>>
I will actually look into one of these the day the add N64 support.

But by then every 64 game worth a damn willbe going for a cool thou
>>
It's considered the best clone console. That said, there are some quality control issues.

Google sega-16 super retro trio. There's a thread there with some guy who took apart some and found the revision 2 (with SNES plug controllers packed in) has the same shitty Genesis chip as the retron 3.

If you get one, order from Amazon or somewhere that has really easy returns. From what I gather, it's pretty good if you get a good unit.
>>
>>3787639

Aren't those literally emulator machines giving the illusion that you're playing with your real cartridges?, If so better built yourself a raspberry Pi emulator machine or use a PC.
>>
>>3787661
That would require good N64 emulation to exist.
>>
>>3787715
That would be the Retron 5.

The Trio uses hardware clones.
>>
>>3787639
That gamepad looks so crap. I never got the hype behind the SNES controller. Sega Saturn had the best 2D retro controller ever.
>>
The HDMI version just has a bottom-of-the-barrel composite-to-HDMI upscaler in it. Same quality as buying the cheapest composite-to-HDMI box on Amazon.
>>
>>3787717

Exactly.
>>
>>3787737
How do you know that?
>>
Why doesn't someone just buy the rights from Nintendo and Sega and start manufacturing all this shit again already? Sega is gone and Nintendo is on its last legs anyways, it should be easy as fuck. I can't wait to see hipsters' faces when the bottom falls out of the 'look at me I'm a retro game nerd' market.
>>
>>3787780
I was thinking more of the carts, which is the real price bubble. I want to burst that shit.
>>
My wife's bull love it
>>
>>3787780
Is there any stores that even sell crt tv anymore?

Such a shame because those things seem built to last long unlike modern tv.
>>
>>3787760

Your mom spilled the beans.
>>
>>3787763
That wouldn't help.
For example:
Nintendo owns the rights to the N64, but SGI owns the RSP, so having Nintendo's patents would do dick all for re manufacturing consoles.

For other consoles, even having the IC patents wouldn't help, because the chips were made with outdated processes, like NMOS.
>>
>>3787891
The last CRT plant closed in like 2014.

Still though, plenty of used ones to buy.
>>
>>3787940
Other way around actually.

The last plant was Japanese or Chinese, I can't remember, but they were marketed as high quality gaming monitors (faster response time than LCDs), and some photographers still prefer them because CRTs have better color reproduction than LCDs.
>>
File: Poverty_gaming.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Poverty_gaming.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>3787639
I pair the clone console with Chinese bootlegs. It works with the Super Gameboy (1 & 2) and there is an adapter which allows for GBA games on the system too.

The controller ports for SNES/SFC only works with SNES/SFC games as are the NES controller ports are only for NES games. The Genesis ports work with all formats on the clone console. The two controllers it comes with looks like SNES controllers but are actually Genesis controllers.

The NES port outputs composite only, even through the S-video connector. The output on the Genesis/Mega Drive portion has some slight jailbars with alternating darker and lighter pixel columns. There may be some slight inaccuracies with NES games, like Castlevania 3 not working.

It is pretty fun for the little bit of money spent.

I would wait and see how the new HDMI version pans out before committing to buying one.
>>
File: campbell.png (309KB, 675x426px) Image search: [Google]
campbell.png
309KB, 675x426px
>>3788187
>mfw admiral television

Are you a negro, by any chance?
>>
>>3787639
If you're not going to play on the real thing, just emulate it.
>>
>>3788274
hardware clones are better than emulators
>>
File: sega.jpg (34KB, 434x300px) Image search: [Google]
sega.jpg
34KB, 434x300px
>>3787763
sega already is with the atgames shit
>>
File: just need small fix.png (172KB, 1192x2948px) Image search: [Google]
just need small fix.png
172KB, 1192x2948px
>>3787763
>>3787780
Huezil already is remaking old sega genesisses. With SD slot built in.

>>3787781
You can get into repros yourself. Multicarts would help.

>>3787802
They could make other monitors designed for retro gaming. Say, a plasma screen in 4:3. Probably a small one too.
>>
>>3788368
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYLL9GlsSI
>>
>>3787763
>Nintendo is on its last legs anyway
>>>/v/
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>3787780
http://www.tectoy.com.br/pre-venda-mega-drive-edicao-limitada/p/995040461825
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.