[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Once I reach page 10, I'll run into Axel while he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: 1443569176329.gif (36KB, 420x485px) Image search: [Google]
1443569176329.gif
36KB, 420x485px
Once I reach page 10, I'll run into Axel while he's in the middle of a combo.
>>
Good, fuck 'em

Blaze or bust
>>
Most annoying enemies thread?
>>
>>3786574
She's the worst character doe.
>>
>>3786539
>page
>not using the catalog
>>
File: Axel_(Streets_of_Rage).png (3KB, 101x164px) Image search: [Google]
Axel_(Streets_of_Rage).png
3KB, 101x164px
>>3786539
Fite me
>>
>>3787436
No, that would be Skate.
>>
>>3789728
Nope. The worst is Blaze.

It's practically set in stone by now in the decades-old Streets of Rage community.

Most people play on Hardest or Mania, and that's where Blaze's weakness is most apparent.

Blaze is the weakest character in the game.
>>
File: laughing girls.gif (742KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
laughing girls.gif
742KB, 200x200px
>>3790034
>Streets of Rage community.
>He lets online communities define what he plays as
>an online community based around a game that was only coop on the couch
>>
>>3789728
Skate at least has speed going for him. Blaze has literally nothing to give her the advantage aside from panty shots in the Jap version.
>>
>>3790101
Not that guy, but I played the game a shitload since I was a kid, always on Mania, still have the pirate cart I got in the 90s.

Blaze is by far the worst character in SOR2. Simply put she has no single advantage. No fast high damaging move, no move with decent invulnerability, no move that can reposition her fast. The only thing she has is range, but that doesn't count when you get surrounded. She is okay with weapons, but too slow with all of them for that to matter. Oh and her jump kick sometimes does 3 hits, but that's useless when you have more than 3 enemies lining up most of the time.

I think you could abuse her B+C attack for good effect but I never could. Her back throw is okay as well, but for that you first have to grab the enemies, not easy on Mania since they are always in groups and there's always a Donovan around to knock you out of the air.

By comparison, Axel has a fast jab, Grand Upper does huge damage and is invulnerable, he has good throws, and a high damaging super.

Max can use slide to move around faster than anyone but Skate, and all his moves do gigantic damage, he can simply kill most anything before they hit him.

Skate is weak but has many high damage moves - the dash headbutt from point blank does something like half a lifebar, his hold -> stomach kick, throw, and migrane flurry are all good too. His jump, down+B move does extreme damage too, and so does his B+C move. Skate is tied for the 2nd highest damage output with Axel, but the more powerful moves you do, the more unsafe they are and more likely to get you punished. But he can also jab -> dash in -> grab and then go crazy.

On Mania mode you have to do high damage fast to kill enemies, because there are too many of them and they are too aggressive. They WILL manage to land a hit, and there are so many of them that they'll wear you down fast. Blaze simply cannot do high damage quick enough to handle this.
>>
>>3790459
So who's the best then? Particularly for an amateur player trying to 1cc for the first time.
>>
>>3790459
Oh my god yes she can shut the fuck up nerd.
>>
>>3790494
You're waifu a shit
>>
>>3790482
Max is the best because he does gigantic damage, he is fairly easy to use, and he can offset his speed problem with his blitz slide. His jabs are slow, but you can just turn around and use B+C if you need a fast punch against a close enemy, and use his normal jabs after an elbow press (jump, down+B). If you jump into the middle of an enemy, then the third hit of his combo hits 4 times for almost as much damage as his atomic drop. Other than that, just do your best to grab enemies, atomic drop can hit multiple enemies for almost a full lifebar damage, and against lone enemies his chokehold from the front can do even more.
With a pipe or sword, turn your back if an enemy is close (the back slash comes out faster), and your front if the enemy is far away (front smash has more range).

Axel is easy to use but can't get close enough properly, a big problem when enemies outrange and outspeed him. His jab outranges normal punks, against midbosses try the knee press to start a combo. Grand Upper has invincible startup and can knock out jumping enemies, but remember that it leaves you wide open. He also has a useful back throw.
For abusing Grand Upper, always use it after 2 punches. If you do 3 punches first, the first hit of the GU will miss and you do less damage.

Skate is difficult to use since almost all his moves are unsafe, but he can do unreal damage with them. Jab -> grab or jab -> blitz is his best choice. Against knocked down enemies, you can use the roller press (jump, down+B twice in a row, or my favourite, Roller press, Backflip (B+C, second hit will miss), then blitz headbutt, for almost a full lifebar damage. If you go for a grab, do a throw if there are many enemies near, migraine if there's no one around with high kicks/uppercuts to knock you off. Only use the stomach kick if no one is around, it is slow but does the most damage out of his throws.

I'd say Max is the best, Axel and Skate are tied for 2nd depending on how skilled you are.
>>
>>3790530
For Axel, you can also use his "hold B for 2 seconds, release" move. It does his combo ender, but always gets both kicks in, and for some reason does more damage than his entire normal combo (even with both kicks). It's the most useful against Z Kusano on stage 8, since he can't break out of it (as easily) as the Grand Upper spam.

Skate is extremely fast with knives. Axel is okay with them, but not as fast as Skate. With pipes and swords, Skate is too slow, and Axel has very poor range, so don't use either.

for Skate, the headbutt part of his f, f B move does significantly more damage than the latter tackle part. So jab -> blitz headbutt is extremely potent, but if there are too many enemies in front of you, they can jab you out of the move, since the tackle part is very vulnerable.

B+C moves are almost always better combo enders than the normal last hit. Just turn around before the last hit and press B+C. For Max and Axel they are more powerful and only a bit slower. for Skate, it's extremely powerful and repositions him so the 2nd hit sometimes misses and does not knocks down the enemy. Usually behind them, so even if they do a move to hit back, they can miss. And you can end the combo with a headbutt blitz.
>>
File: Galsia-streetsofrage2.jpg (23KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
Galsia-streetsofrage2.jpg
23KB, 636x636px
>>3786539
>>
>>3790459
>>3790530
>>3790539
Blah-blah-blah, I'm too anal to have fun, bow before my e-peen, blah-blah.
>>
File: sor2_round2a[1].gif (16KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
sor2_round2a[1].gif
16KB, 320x224px
>>3786539
Once I reach Page 10, I will spawn 3 of these at a time going opposite directions.
>>
>>3789728
No, that would be Blaze, you newb shit.
>>
>>3789728
Skate is awesome, he's the 90s personified.
>>
>>3789728
Skate is awesome. Stop using his combo. Jab once, dash, grab, and throw. He has amazing crowd clearing. He has a throw for every situation. Blaze is complete garbage.

t. beat mania with every character without continuing
>>
>>3790618
what? why is he not having fun? just because someone with deeper experience and understanding corrects your limited benign view doesn't mean you have to do that childish defense bullshit.
>>
>>3791041
not being a waifufag > not having fun
these guys are unable to play games anymore if there isn't waifuism involved
>>
>>3791043
Oh, how wrong you are.
>>
>>3790618
Whaaat? Skate is waaay more fun than Blaze.

Blaze is the most vanilla character in the game. Her throws are garbage. Her specials are garbage. Everything is garbage. Her only advantage over the other characters is that her jump kick can hit multiple enemies better, and her sword/pipe is good. But you can't even rely on sword/pipe that much in hardest/mania because grabbing enemies makes you drop your held weapon in this game. She not only sucks the worst in the game, but she's also vanilla and bland as fuck. If you want to own with Blaze then stick with SOR1 or 3.

Skate OTOH is one of the most unique characters ever made in a beat'em up and is a fucking blast to play. Just don't do his normal combo, ever.
>>
>>3790034
I always play with Blaze, her weakness never bothered me.
Tyris in GA1 on the other side...
>>
>>3790546
fucking lol'd
>>
>>3790429
Choosing the hardest path for a sexy reward...isn't that what life is truly about?
>>
>>3790546
Pls remove kebab
>>
>>3790034
Blaze can win the game simply spamming that jump forward slash
Which isnt fun
>>
>>3792242
>Blaze can win the game simply spamming that jump forward slash

Not on Mania she can't.
>>
>>3792242
Try doing that on hardest/mania.

Blaze has the worst blitz in the game. She's the worst character in the game. Nice panties though.
>>
>>3790546
Beat me to it!
>>
File: attack.jpg (200KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
attack.jpg
200KB, 636x636px
bumped
>>
Big Bens are worse than that. Fuck having 2 of them, plus more enemies around.

>>3790034
>playing mania
>oh look! more enemies and boss types bosses at the same time!
>oh look! huge ass health bars! just let me clean the floor with GRANDUPA with no stopping and then leave the "boss type" alone and just combo-break it with punch-1secondstop-punch-1secondstop-repeat

Nah. There is no fun in that. Mania seemed more like a 2player mode than 1p.
Very Hard, or whatever is the difficulty is before Mania, is enough for 1player mode.

>>3790459
There is no worse in SoR2. You could just say Blaze is balanced.
The only character that is annoying to use in later levels is Max, but he is a damn beast.

>I think you could abuse her B+C attack for good effect but I never could.
But you can. Some of the bosses takes shiton of damage. If you miss the time of that, sometimes you get an instant grab as a reward.
>>
>>3794379
>oh look! more enemies and boss types bosses at the same time!

Mania also ups the AI to max. Any time they have a chance to hit you, they WILL hit you. Given that the AI is already great at surrounding you, and how many enemies there are on the screen, this makes it very unlikely that you can kite enemies and one-punch them to death.
Oh, and the one-punch method takes way more time than to just combo them into the ground and then knee press them as they stand up (which works 100% against anything without standup invulnerability).

>You could just say Blaze is balanced.

That's what makes her the worst. She has no weak points, but she has no strong points either. For all the others, you can use their strengths offensively to make sure that as few as possible enemies are there on the screen at a given time. After which you can easily solo whatever remains. Crowd control and fast, heavy damage is what gets you through Mania mode. Everyone has at least two or all three of those, Blaze only has crowd control with her throws.

>The only character that is annoying to use in later levels is Max,

Uh, no. He has a 1-frame hit, a super fast slide, his A super has the most range and duration, his f+A deals the most damage in the least time in the game (that isn't a throw) and can do up to 2 lifebars of damage against enemies who block. He is as fast as Skate but three times as strong and nearly none of his moves leave him open.

Oh yeah, the one-punch method doesn't work with him, so you have to use any of his other moves instead. Sounds to me like you are just shit at the game.

>But you can. Some of the bosses takes shiton of damage.

From Blazes B+C attack? It neither does good damage or sets up for a grab, since it knocks down. Not sure what you mean here, unless maybe that it makes her duck below any stand-up attack an enemy might make, setting up a throw (like how Bear always does an uppercut if you are near when he stands up)..
>>
File: Mona_&_Lisa.jpg (7KB, 219x141px) Image search: [Google]
Mona_&_Lisa.jpg
7KB, 219x141px
>>3787418
>>
GRAND UPPA
>>
Yuzo koshiro just tweeted some out take music from Motohiro Kawashima the SOR series that didnt make it in the game, fucking amazing tracks, sounds great on the YM2608

https://twitter.com/yuzokoshiro/status/831098536913620993

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kr9yz6pt1obfab/sor3_motohiro_outtakes.mp3?dl=0

favourite SOR track?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRDKoBfKDLo&index=17&list=PLB7F9A5456C337B43

What a great era to game in
TECHNO!
>>
>>3794567
Every single goddamn fucking time I play SoR 1 I get to these two and get completely fucking destroyed. Then you have to fight them again right before the final boss.

I need to git gud.
>>
>>3799005
>simplest way to beat them

One of them likes to walk. Let's call her the "walker".

One of them likes to jump. Let's call her the "jumper".

Ignore the Jumper for now, avoid her jump kicks.

The Walker is stupid. She'll just walk in a straight line toward you most of the time. Look in the other direction from her.

When she gets close, do your back attack. While dodging the Jumper, repeat the back attacks on the Walker until the Walker is dead.

Now that the Jumper is left alone, you can pretty much kill her in any manner you please.
>>
>>3797781
By far the most favourite of mine is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC-B3Q0cRrY
>>
>>3786539
WHY WASN'T MAX PLAYABLE IN 3
>>
>that one enemy named Talk
>>
>>3799005
I watched a speedrunning where I think the guy fucking suplexs them both at the same time.
>>
>>3790459
What about the kangaroo though?
>>
>>3799650
wrong game.
>>
>>3799650
In SOR3 you can just use flying kicks against every enemy. That game is extremely flawed.
>>
>>3786574
oh no ya dont
>>
>>3799714
In SOR2 you can stunlock all enemies except Abadede and I think Molecule by rhythmically tapping punch so it doesn't go into a combo.
>>
>>3800821
That doesn't work if there are more than 1 enemy on screen, for example if you play on a difficulty higher than very easy.

Also you can't do that against Shiva, Mr.X, Bear, and any enemy who can block.
>>
>>3800884
You can pile up enemies and sock multiple ones at once and finish up the combo as your friendly Yellow Signal decides to Belmont Slide you.
>>
>>3799714
Except this is false, many enemies have dedicated anti air attacks, SoR2 is far more flawed than SoR3.
>>
>>3787436

Yeah but she's an unstoppable monster in the original.
>>
>>3793850

Saved
>>
>>3800935
>Except this is false, many enemies have dedicated anti air attacks, SoR2 is far more flawed than SoR3.

They rarely if ever use it, and if you do a running jump you can always catch them before they do.

SOR2s only flaw is that you can one punch enemies, but that only really works if you are fighting solo enemies, in which case you don't even need it anyway.
>>
SoR3-related question. I never played it much but now decided to play it more.

1) Can you hit motorcycle enemies with gran' uppa? It seems that it goes right through them.

2) What the hell is with that whip clown midboss? I could barely hit him, he always jumps away. I nearly lost it trying to catch him.
>>
File: DifS24.jpg (22KB, 339x351px) Image search: [Google]
DifS24.jpg
22KB, 339x351px
>>3801237
>gran' uppa
>>
>>3801237
>1) Can you hit motorcycle enemies with gran' uppa? It seems that it goes right through them.

No, it has no invulnerability on startup like in SOR2. Just use flying kicks against the bikers.

>2) What the hell is with that whip clown midboss? I could barely hit him, he always jumps away. I nearly lost it trying to catch him.

He is like that on purpose. cause if you beat him first, Roo will run away and the fight ends instantly. And then you'll be able to select him without cheats - it's a mini challenge, essentially, so they made it difficult so it is less likely you trigger it.
>>
>>3801464
I see, thanks
>>
>>3800821
Stop playing on normal difficulty you fuck stick. You're speaking exactly like a fuck stick who only plays on normal difficulty. Also, you're completely wrong about which enemies it doesn't work on, so you aren't even good at the game. Dumb idiot.
>>
>>3800935
You can manuever your jumps in SOR3. So you can jump kick then hold back so that the very tip of your jump kick hits the enemies, and enemy anti airs will never hit you. When was the last time you played these games? You sound like a complete newb with no understanding of the game mechanics.
>>
>>3786539
Ha got ya!
>>
>>3790546
NOT SO FAST
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPfALxJoY4
>>
>>3805662
>>>/pol/
>>>/kkk meating/
>>
>>3800821
Abadede is pretty easy to stunlock with Blaze.

Also,
>>3790034
I'm a huge Blazefag but I'll be the first to admit she's the worst at higher difficulties.
>>
>>3789728
Are you retarded? Blaze is the worst character by far. Stop sucking ass.
>>
>>3808648
nope. skate is still worse
>>
File: 1392769250000.jpg (103KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1392769250000.jpg
103KB, 682x600px
>>3805662
Hoihoi-san singlehandedly kills a squadron of Turkish soldiers.webm

Kek'd
>>
>>3808650
I said, STOP SUCKING ASS. Dumb shit, Blaze is the worst. You ass sucker.
>>
>>3808768
blaze gets bonus points for making my pepe feel good, putting her above skate
>>
>>3808650
>skate is still worse

Skate is tied for the second best damage and has the best speed in the game.
>>
WOOP DE DEE
>>
On page 10 now and I'm saging this post. Enjoy your combo breaker, Axel!
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.