[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maybe someone here can help me find a lost game. Google searches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ia-logo.gif (11KB, 400x132px) Image search: [Google]
ia-logo.gif
11KB, 400x132px
Maybe someone here can help me find a lost game.

Google searches turn up nothing, but I remember that it was called "Tales of Bowdain" or something very similar. A top-down RPG with minimal tile graphics and no real animations, where you controlled a single character exploring an over-world and dungeons, but encounters (always with a single random monster) were handled in a text-only interface. It was a bit of DOS/Win95 freeware, and I never managed to beat it; but I'd like to, given the chance.

Do we have any grognards here that might remember such a thing?
>>
The first thing that I thought of was Castle of the Winds, but that's probably not what you meant by text interface.
>>
>>3786478
>lost game
Did you check in the sofa? That crack where daddys keys are sometimes? Google is great but probably not gonna help you find a game you lost.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lost
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forgot
The more you know
>>
>>3786783

The only thing worse than being a pedant is being an incorrect pedant. "A lost work of [media]" is idiomatic English.
>>
Tales of Maj'Eyal?
Tales of Banalia?
>>
>>3787134

No, it was definitely "Bowdain" or "Bowdane" or something very close to that.
>>
>>3787123
But it's not lost sport. You just forgot the name. Being incorrect about someone being incorrect is worse.
>>
>>3788061

But I didn't forget the name. "Tales of Bowdain" is the name of the game. But it's nowhere to be found on the modern web-two-point-oh, which makes it lost.

I have to know, what's it like being as wrong as you must be all the time?
>>
>>3788121
If you can't provide any evidence of its existence whatsoever then it's not lost it's made up.
>>
>>3788121
You know what's easy to find on the modern web? People who have convinced themselves of something that never existed. Yes. It's a giant conspiracy to purge the web of all record of this game and make you look like a fool. It's totally not that you don't remember the actual name of the game. kek.
>>
>>3788121
Kekerroneous
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.