[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if all those Lavos spawn would eventually grow into a lavos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

File: Lavos.jpg (76KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lavos.jpg
76KB, 500x300px
So if all those Lavos spawn would eventually grow into a lavos does that mean the universe is just filled with a possibly nigh infinite amount of lavos?
>>
>>3786148

Anything is possible. There is no proof that god exists.
>>
>>3786148
Could be. Could be that Lavos was one of a few. They control evolution from the planet's core, but it can only thrive in a planet that supports life to begin with
>>
>>3786197
A universe full of hostile Lavos would prove that a benevolent god conclusively *doesn't* exist.
>>
>>3787296
What if Lavos is God's way of working? It goes to a planet and helps evolve people into the best species on the planet, then it takes that superior DNA and makes spawns that go onto other planets to make even more superior species. Someday in the far future the best possible species in the universe will exist.
>>
Lavos only evolved to look like it does and be as powerful as it is because it landed on earth in it's "infancy".

We could assume that in different planets, with different sizes, gravity, atmospheric compositions, eco systems, etc etc, the spawns could develop in completely different ways, maybe not even develop at all and die because the planet just has no energy to be absorbed or have something in it's underground that is fatal to them.
Assuming that only planets with atmosphere and ecosystem similar to the earth are suitable for it's species, and that they (planets) are apparently very rare, Lavos and it's species could be on the brink of extinction, and the reason it spawns multiple 'children' is because, like a sea turtle, it hopes that at least one of them will survive and keep the species going.
>>
>>3787330
Enough about God already, I may vomit stomach acid.
>>
>>3787351
Get out heathen, this is a Christian image board.
>>
>>3787364
And that would make me Christ. So bow down.
>>
>>3786197
http://www.gematrix.org/?word=6197
>>
File: godel ontological.png (11KB, 528x286px) Image search: [Google]
godel ontological.png
11KB, 528x286px
>>3786197
>>
File: 1485858722990.jpg (152KB, 1000x1487px) Image search: [Google]
1485858722990.jpg
152KB, 1000x1487px
>>3787351
It s all Saturn
>>
File: truth.jpg (784KB, 1374x1374px) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
784KB, 1374x1374px
>>3787386
Saturn is the X box
>>
File: IMG_20161022_220256.jpg (716KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161022_220256.jpg
716KB, 1564x1564px
>>3787389
...And the seal of Saturn is inside a Microsoft xbox

All religions are Saturn based.
Rome means city of Saturn.
Saturn=666=Allah=Jesus=
Etc etc etc there s a lot
>>
File: Screenshot_20170208-135624.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170208-135624.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Lavos is literally Saturn/God
Lavos, lava, volcano

Saturn aka father time, game is about time travel. Lavos is Saturn, old man time travel is Saturn. It s a game for those characters and you

Everything is a big game
We play it in the x box
The x box is Saturn
The creator made the Xbox
No one knows who

Enjoy the game/s
>>
>>3787398
http://www.gematrix.org/?word=8553
>>
File: r8X6b6T.jpg (45KB, 780x564px) Image search: [Google]
r8X6b6T.jpg
45KB, 780x564px
>>3787351
>>
File: Lavos_-_3rd_Form.png (205KB, 600x245px) Image search: [Google]
Lavos_-_3rd_Form.png
205KB, 600x245px
That's just his spaceship, real Lavos is some one-eyed purple faggot in a space suit.
>>
>>3786148
Yes. Lavos is the space tick equivalent of humanity.
>>
File: 1458098081101.jpg (159KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458098081101.jpg
159KB, 399x600px
>the amount of /x/ retards ITT
It's a fucking alien hedgehog
>>
Lavos is literally a space parasite. It infests, it reproduces, and some of their offspring I assume are killed while others manage to fly off to other hosts.
>>
>>3787540
The middle one isn't Lavos.
>>
>>3787540
That thing is a drone.
>>
>>3788481

seriously I remember being weirded out it was one of the pods that was the main body. Was it a mistake? the fuck is up with that
>>
why didn't they just go back in time and kill the original lavos while it was still a baby
>>
>>3786148
Lavoids can be killed and I'm sure there's lots of alien civilizations that did just that.
>>
>>3788494

yeah but there's probably just as many who got fucked
>>
>>3788491
They said Lavos burred himself deep under the soil upon impact. He burrowed too far down for them to be able to reach him.
>>
File: Death_Peak.jpg (16KB, 204x200px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Peak.jpg
16KB, 204x200px
What exactly happened with Lavos after birthing its spawn? Belthasar says Lavos reigns atop Death Peak, so I guess Lavos is either still pumping out Lavos Spawns there, or just sitting dormant. Death Peak itself seems to have been created by Lavos erupting from the Earth. Did Lavos, covered in the snow, become part of the mountain?
>>
>>3788505
no before that

why didn't they go back in time and kill his grandpa
>>
>>3788512

It's in fucking space
>>
>>3788510

Now that you say that it is weird we never really interact or even see the awakened lavos
>>
File: 1391172640537.jpg (37KB, 285x279px) Image search: [Google]
1391172640537.jpg
37KB, 285x279px
>>3788513
>can build a time machine
>can't build a space ship
>>
Chrono Trigger is the best JRPG ever
>>
>>3788523
that seems pretty reasonable actually. A time machine would require manipulating energy, which is a theoretically sound endeavor. but the other one requires you to endure the destruction of energy. as far as physics and philosophy go, it's much easier to change a thing then resist it. I'm certain that if the cold war wasn't a thing we'd have more invested in theoretical physics rather then simple jet propulsion.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>3788512
>>3788491
Because Lavos still needed to make humans evolve.

One of the endings shows what happens if you do that, and everyone turns into reptites.
>>
>>3789346
I thought that happens because you don't interfere with the reptile v human war since you're too busy fighting lavos, and so they win.
>>
>>3789356
Yes, they would win unless Lavos crashes into the planet directly on their HQ, and then caused an ice age that killed them all.
>>
>>3786148
well, it takes lavos tens of millions of years to mature enough to create spawn so I doubt there would be many of them out in the universe.
>>
>>3788510
>>3788518
Lavos had left the planet by that point.
>>
Maybe there's a Lavos in our planet RIGHT NOW!
>>
File: 1486361754989.jpg (83KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486361754989.jpg
83KB, 900x900px
>>3788490
No mistake. For first timers the fight is much tougher because you focus on the middle bit. I think it adds a lot of character. Moreover, the really weird part is that when the screen goes white as the time warp explodes, the right bit is seen for an instant in a circle like it was revived or used a time gate, just to fuck with you.

I just learned ctrl-s inserts spoiler tage totally by accident...
>>
>>3788494
exactly. all forms of life reproduce, consume resources, etc., then there are constraints that keep the population in check.

in the case of Lavos, it harvests biospheres and consumes planets. eventually it would destroy all other life if left unchecked, like an invasive species. how do you stop an invasive species? by bringing in predators, diseases, parasites etc that kill it off. likewise, planets and alien civilizations would either evolve to cope with the Lavos threat or cease to exist. in CT, the planet sends Chrono & Co through time as its last ditch defense against Lavos.

that's what CT is about -- a conflict between two fundamentally different kinds of life. Lavos isn't evil -- he just wants his species to survive and prosper, just as you want the human race to survive and prosper. these two goals are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>3788490
it's a defensive strategy. Lavos transfers his essence into the seemingly peripheral right bit, so that you're misled into attacking the center bit, thus giving Lavos more of a chance to line up attacks and wear you down.

deception is a component of the art of war.
>>
>>3789518

tens of millions isn't really all that much time in the cosmic sense
>>
>>3788486
It's body. One could say the pod to its left is its brain.
>>
>>3790217

>that's what CT is about -- a conflict between two fundamentally different kinds of life. Lavos isn't evil -- he just wants his species to survive and prosper, just as you want the human race to survive and prosper. these two goals are mutually exclusive.

I would argue that Lavos isn't evil but not in the same way you did. In that there is no such thing as "evil." Just social and anti-social. Lavos is in the extreme case of anti-social. In the traditional sense, Lavos is depicted as being evil in the manipulation of Queen Zeal. She became obsessed with its power so that she could draw directly from it. Lavos' attack on Zeal seems like a counter attack on all of Zeal including the Queen. But it did not attack her and only attacked Chrono and the others. It's clear to me that Lavos was manipulating her.

But, in the end appears to be a nature to these creatures. Which is what makes them such a threat to other life in the universe. It is not merely a predator, but for it's sociopathic tendencies, a super predator.
>>
>>3792250
> In that there is no such thing as "evil

man I remember my 8th grade philosophy classes too.
>>
>>3789364
>somehow NG+ warping to Lavos at that point in the game prevents it from ever reaching earth in 2,000,000BC
>warping to Lavos at any other point in the story doesn't have this affect
Why did they not think a single thing through about the game's time travel mechanics?
>>
>>3792667
Jokes on you, I took remedial in 8th grade and didn't have philosophy.

I'll have you know I learned about the non-existence of evil from TMM.
>>
>>3788510
I think that's its corpse.
>>
>>3792250
clearly Queen Zeal was corrupted. my take on this is that she was drawing power from Lavos, and it overwhelmed her and drove her insane. as for Lavos, he must've seen her as a useful pawn for some reason and kept her around.

keep in mind, the Kingdom of Zeal had switched from using elemental power to Lavos power. once the Mammon Machine was turned on in the Ocean Palace, it was drawing so much power from Lavos that he felt it, and perceived Zeal as a threat. and so, he destroyed Zeal in particular, but not the Queen and not the Earthbound. this confirms that Lavos is intelligent.

I think Lavos destroyed the world in 1999 ad because he saw the current civilization as posing a risk, and because he wanted the planet to be safe for his spawns to grow up.

I agree that morality is often determined by what is good or bad for the group. however, Lavos is an extraterrestrial who is "not part of the planet's life" as Ayla points out. the apex predator feeds on prey, and it sees them only as prey. Lavos is an apex predator who sees the entire world and biosphere as a crop for him to consume -- material to help him develop his mind and genetics further, and pass on those improvements to his offspring.

I don't think Lavos is anti-social exactly. the fact that he took it on himself to destroy the world in 1999 shows concern for the well-being of his lavos spawns, who can grow safely in the ruined world. Lavos is good/social as far as Lavoskind is concerned, everyone else exists for his kind to devour.

so like I said, CT is a conflict between two very different kinds of life. you may find Lavos gross, unsettling, or horrifying, but he's just a different kind of life, and one that is very potent.
>>
>>3795621
>>3795621
>I don't think Lavos is anti-social exactly. the fact that he took it on himself to destroy the world in 1999 shows concern for the well-being of his lavos spawns, who can grow safely in the ruined world. Lavos is good/social as far as Lavoskind is concerned, everyone else exists for his kind to devour.

Yeah, you're right.

I over focused on how dangerous their species is. In the end Lavos is like what I said, a super predator. Not only does it have super powers, but intelligence. They are like an Evangeleon angel with free will or a lilin with AT.

But what's worse isn't just the threat they pose to all life in the universe, but to the entire universe, perhaps even multiverse. The Lavos in CT became the Time Devourer in CC.

Now thinking about it, Lavos are beyond super predators. If there really isn't anything like them in the universe, then like you said they very well could be the apex predators.
>>
>>3786148

The cockroaches of chrono trigger
>>
Spikeman
>>
>>3796163
indeed.

I try not to speculate on Chrono Cross too much.

yes, I think Lavoskind are THE apex predators of the universe, above other sentient races (like us).
>>
There's probably just one lavos, he emerged after sucking earth dry ready to journey to another planet.
>>
>>3797036
the problem with this is that there's lavos spawns in the future, which means that it reproduces. there's also no sign of Lavos in 2300 ad, which means he's either dormant or dead after releasing the spawns.
>>
>>3797034
Yeah, I think so too now.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.