[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have $60 to spend on PSN, and looking to DL retro/retro style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: logo300.png (66KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
logo300.png
66KB, 300x220px
I have $60 to spend on PSN, and looking to DL retro/retro style games. I'm looking at Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, and Shovel Knight so far.

Need recs, genre is not an issue
>>
File: 1486453835806.png (102KB, 1536x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1486453835806.png
102KB, 1536x1060px
get megaman legends 2 if you want to get comfy. Kind of short but if you do all the extra shit its not too bad
>>
Double Dragon 4 is neat (and reasonably cheap). I'd also recommend Fuun Super Combo, and Assault Suit Leynos.
>>
>>3786045
You can use Fightcade to play Chronicles of Mystara, OP. Third Strike Online is a lot of fun, but you can play regular Third Strike through Fightcade as well. Third Strike Online, however, does have more features.
>>
>>3786045
Armored Core
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Front Mission 3
Jumping Flash! 2
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Strider 2
Tecmo's Deception
Xevious 3D/G+
Zanac X Zanac
>>
Not a retro question, but how does the PSN even works? Do you pay directly with your credit card and then download games? Do you have demos of all existing games? Can you download PS3 games for the PS4? Can you track your friends with their username? Are digital games cheaper than boxed games?

I have no clue because I play exclusively retro games.
>>
>>3786480
Some games, like PS1 classics and PSN games are multi-platform and cross-buy, in the sense that you pay once and can play them on multiple devices. If you buy Symphony of the Night for example, you can play it on your PSP, Vita and PS3.
>Do you pay directly with your credit card and then download games?
Either with a CC or prepaid card from a shop, or you can put money into your PS wallet, sort of like Steam.
>Do you have demos of all existing games?
God no. There are demos, but none for the PS1 classics.
>Can you download PS3 games for the PS4?
No.
Can you track your friends with their username?
Yes.
>Are digital games cheaper than boxed games?
Sometimes. But if you mean to say are they cheaper than boxed games at release, no. There's generally a price parity at release.
>>
>>3786498
Thanks for the answer, that sounds pretty neat.

For demos, I was more talking about demos for the regular PS4 games. That would be a major selling point for me to have a lot of demos to try (so I don't have to read asinine, unreliable reviews and can make my own opinion instead).
>>
>>3786514
There's quite a lot. Look for yourself.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-ps4-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PS4ALLGAMESCATEG%7Cgame_demo~true%7C
>>
>>3786534
Not as much as expected (maybe there are more on the US version?), but decent selection IMO.

Ah, and can you play online with the PS1 classics you buy there? Like, playing Toshinden or Armored Core against random people online? That would make me re-buy a ton of these games.
>>
>>3786571
Unfortunately no. Only local multiplayer.
>>
>>3786593
>>
>>3786617
What's wrong anon, don't have any friends? That's okay. Most of the good Playstation games are single-player anyway.
>>
>>3786623
I'm too old to play video games with friends unironically (or even ironically) desu, but I mostly like competitive games.

I guess I'll hone my skills on Fightcade instead.
>>
>>3786632
>im too old to have friends.
Age isn't the problem sport
>>
The shittiest replies to the easiest question.

Crypt of the Necrodancer, Downwell, Enter the Gungeon, Risk of Rain, Hotline Miami, Bro Force, Terraria

All that for under $60 easy, but you'll still be a faggot.
>>
>>3786836

>Terraria

Opinion discarded.
>>
Suikoden
MGS1
Sonic 1&2
Megaman 9&10
>>
>>3786836
>Crypt of the Necrodancer
"Let's add a literal tumblrina who is genderqueer to the game! And call people transphobic when they don't like our stereotype! We're so fucking progressive it almost covers up the fact that our game runs out of content within an hour!"
>>
>>3786774
Other people with my age and social status probably wouldn't understand if I asked them to gather to play old video games.

The only people who would understand are my old nerdy friends, but they all live abroad or elsewhere now.
>>
>>3786074
Legends 1 is more comfy though.

And has better waifus.
>>
>>3786836
Do I have to say it? Not retro.
>>
>>3787061
Or you could just enjoy the game, get over the female MC and not concern yourself with Twitter antics.

I mean were you doing this when Capcom released megaman too? Just play the fucking game.
>>
>>3787473
That would be asking him to grow up a little and you know that's never going to happen. He's angry that trans people exist and it's his god given right to let everyone know all about how much it upsets him and how terrible people who aren't upset are.
>>
>>3787483
Same guy you responded to here, I mean, trannys are obviously mentally unstable wierdos, I don't give a fuck about them, whatsoever, and if they want to mutilate their genitals into odd looking flesh sculptures that's their business.

I'm just saying Necrodancer is pretty fun. I don't know who the fuck is talking about trannys.
>>
>>3787584
Exactly. It's one thing to think other people are strange, it's another to get so upset about them that it ruins your enjoyment of something.
>>
>not waiting for sales and getting some retro games even cheaper than usual

Fucking sales
>>
>>3786464
Is that Xevious game that good? I like the original Xevious but I was always unsure to get the 3D one.
>>
File: 3218_2.png (115KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
3218_2.png
115KB, 640x480px
>>3787936
I think it's great. The "3D" just refers to the visuals, it's still a basic vertical shooting game. The only thing some people don't like is that the power-ups break away from the simplicity of the original game (having to rely on just a single air/ground gun).

However, the 3D/G+ disc also comes with Xevious Arrangement, which is awesome, and the best Xevious game.
>>
>>3787779
There hasn't been a decent "retro" PSN sale in years
Nothing has come close to the one when they had a hefty list of PS1 games for 99ยข each
>>
Vagrant Story and Shadow Tower are great if you're in the mood for some dark fantasy.

>>3786836
>Broforce on PS4
Ew
>>
>>3787146
So you're the only one still living in your parents basement? Again, you seem really hung up on the age thing. I play with kids all the time. Most people my age don't play anything.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.