[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now Retronauts has been split into two. Thoughts? Also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Retronauts.png (310KB, 747x721px) Image search: [Google]
Retronauts.png
310KB, 747x721px
So now Retronauts has been split into two. Thoughts?

Also retro podcast thread
>>
I like Retronauts when they care to do a game justice but too many times lately it's been Jeremy/Bob having little to no interest in the topic of the episode but forcing themselves to talk about it to a usually enthusiastic guest that just wants to the host to give a shit. I'm glad they're expanding and making enough money to live off now but I can only see more episodes like I described happening now there's going to be twice as much. Just feels like their personal preferences have dried up and we're stuck with fan requests or whatever.
>>
bob mackey injecting his social political comentary needs to stop. i get it bob. you graduated college. its almost unlistenable.
>>
Pixelated Audio and Retro Game Audio are the best.
>>
Is Ian still dead?
>>
>>3786039
As far as we can tell
>>
>>3785727
Is this better than WOFF? I have been looking for a decent retro podcast for a while - WOFF is okay, but Gary and Cole are kind of casual who criticise anything they think is too hard for them, and the PC politics shit they inject into their episodes needlessly drives me up the wall.
>>
>>3786368
Worse. Much worse. Bob Faggy can't play a game unless it's emulated and savescumming
>>
Retronauts has gotten too snarky. It's like they listened to We Hate Movies and decided that they should do that for their game analysis podcast
>>
>>3786368
Yeah WOFF is ok but they talk too much about story and lore.
>>
retronauts is fine
>tfw made them talk about their waifus
>>
File: 4343.png (196KB, 445x445px) Image search: [Google]
4343.png
196KB, 445x445px
>retro podcasts
Please go to these threads:
>>3783271
>>3781743
>>3785816
and explain to them why you are the cancer that is killing retro gaming
>>
File: 1476547117959.png (156KB, 683x582px) Image search: [Google]
1476547117959.png
156KB, 683x582px
>>3786802
>complaining on a public board that your sekrit club is not sekrit
>>
>>3786781
who were their waifus
>>
>>3787090
bob: (adult) rydia
reparaz: jo from kendo rage
chris kohler: sunny funny from parappa
ray barnholt: rinoa

they were all a bit flustered; mission accomplished.
>>
>>3787190

You know it's a shit list when Sunny Funny is the best waifu on there, fuck.
>>
>>3787260
gotta give credit to bob and ray for not ducking out but actually giving equally honest and embarrassing replies.
>>
>>3787190
And what are some top-tier waifus?
>>
>>3787410
Freya
>>
>>3786368
Retronauts is less political. Still political, but less political
>>
>>3788489
How is this even possible... WOFF must be hell to listen to.
>>
>>3788542
Quite a few people on /vr/ like them
>>
>>3785727
OH LORD SERIOUSLY. (audiophile been podcastin' since 05);
check out the RETRO LEAGUE those guys are as OG as it gets since Jeromy Huber and Michael Davidson (and Mike Tomashiro) aren't releasing the old Nintendo Retrocasts or Gen Y or Movies Retrocasts.
my god the world is a scary place
>>
sotn
>>
>>3786387
I take this back. I just tried listening to WOFF for the first time and it's been 5 minutes into the episode and they're still doing this gay bit. They're both equally shit.
>>
>>3788619
Probably one guy. Kind of like the guy always shilling that show with the guy that's dying of AIDS.
>>
>>3789095
Yeah they do that sometimes. What episode, out of interest?

I've just been cherrypicking episodes about games I am personally interested in.
>>
Is there a retro podcast/video series that focuses on retro computing, perhaps CRPGs in particular? Something like CRPG Addict in audio/video form would be nice.
>>
Retronauts is ok but Bob is annoying.
>>
File: Computer WOW.gif (23KB, 268x233px) Image search: [Google]
Computer WOW.gif
23KB, 268x233px
>Episode 150 of WOFF
>Symphony of the Night
>>
Whenever Cane and Rinse does an older game, it's solid. They are open about what it was like to play the game then vs now and they just make really good episodes.
>>
File: ye.jpg (70KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
ye.jpg
70KB, 600x545px
>>3789132
The Mega Man Legends one. The only criticism they keep repeating is that the controls are dated.
>>
File: vr.jpg (7KB, 185x192px) Image search: [Google]
vr.jpg
7KB, 185x192px
Apparently WOFF is going to change the format. They are no longer going to be a "retro podcast" but rather a "video game book club" that focuses on mostly retro games. It won't be that much different than before but now there will be more modern games in rotation, moreso than usual. This is a good thing. WOFF isn't bad as a retro games podcast but most people like it as a video game analysis podcast removed from its retroness
>>
>>3790602
I like SOTN but 3 hours is too much
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.