[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I sell my NES Classic and get either an AVS or RetroPie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 2256-01.jpg (281KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
2256-01.jpg
281KB, 1200x900px
Should I sell my NES Classic and get either an AVS or RetroPie? I have only one NES cart, but I can get a flash cart.
>>
Do you have a CRT, Framemeister, or OSSC? No, get a flashcart. Otherwise, sure, why not?
>>
>>3785437
I have a CRT that's rotting in the basement. Can't haul it up the stairs to where I want it. So just an HDTV for now.

Which should I go for? AVS or build a RetroPie setup?
>>
You can sideload ROMs onto the NES Classic so you should probably do that. Unless between scarcity and the hack they're going for something crazy like $200+ now. I haven't looked but if they are, sell it.
>>
>>3785461
it's around 120 now
>>
>>3785461
Yeah, it's only $120 now.
>>
>>3785429
>AVS or RetroPie?
No.
>>3785440
>Can't haul it up the stairs to where I want it.
Stop being fucking lazy.
>>
>>3785440
>I have a CRT that's rotting in the basement. Can't haul it up the stairs to where I want it.

Are you a puny manlet or something? My PVM weighs around 40kg but I still lug it around to Melee tournaments without much hassle.
>>
I would highly recommend the raspberry pi 3, because that way you can also play more than just nes games.
>>
>>3785683
It's a 200lb 32" Trinitron and I live on the third floor. Plus, my office/game room has turned into somewhat of a storage room, so I would have to haul all the stuff in there out to make room for the CRT.
>>
>>3785920
Get someone to help.
>>
File: shinjifood.png (99KB, 527x415px) Image search: [Google]
shinjifood.png
99KB, 527x415px
>>3785429
It pisses me off the AVS is HDMI only, if it had a VGA port, or S-video, or some fucking way to put it on a CRT, I would've bought it in a heartbeat
I was excited for it for at least 2 years and decided to skip it entirely when I found out it could only do HDMI, it's sad, it looks so slick otherwise and I really needed a daily driver that could do anything above composite and doesn't fail to read my carts half the fucking time
>>
>>3785429
>get either an AVS or RetroPie?

Only if you like crippling game ruining input lag.
>>
>>3786147
Same. I didn't get why people were so elated on NA considering it's HDMI only; all those collector fags are all about CRTs.
>>
>>3787214
They were hype because of the convenience. They can show off their carts on HDTVs and on the go without shelling out for an ANT. Obviously NOACs or emuboxes are haram no matter how cool keyboard famiclones look.
>>
>>3787230
NT mini is an FPGA too, right?
>>
>>3785637
>>3785683

They get it.

>>3785920

Don't be lazy, faggot. Retro gaming makes you a REAL MAN
>>
>>3787274
AFAIK yes but that's just from what other people have told me here. Seems like I might have fact checked it but I can't remember for sure. Signs point to yes.
>>
Just wait it out, the guys working on Hakhi seem to have Gameboy games working on the NESCE, and are close to getting SNES games on it. Soon it'll be the coolest emulation box there is, and the only one with a UI that isn't fucking boring.
>>
>>3787294
It is, it's basically the same hardware as the AVS, but it supports analog video.
>>
>>3787319
and it costs like 3x as much
>>
>>3787338
Yeah, it's very disproportional priced, that's pretty much their entire business model. Not a fan, personally.
>>
File: diy-famicom-2.jpg (225KB, 1153x1600px) Image search: [Google]
diy-famicom-2.jpg
225KB, 1153x1600px
>>3787350
What you want is the Jack DIY-2
>>
>>3787369
I've been thinking about it, but I don't know if I want to spend $160-170 on something without a case. They are very cool though, I've been eyeing them for awhile.
>>
>>3787369
does it fit into original famicom case?
>>
File: famicomDisassembly10[1].jpg (105KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
famicomDisassembly10[1].jpg
105KB, 600x450px
>>3787373
I feel like they were probably made to go into Famicom cases since junk Famicoms are like 500 yen but over here it'd probably be easier to sandwich it between thick clear plexi like every other thing.
>>
>>3787369

Is that a whole system? Got a link?
>>
>>3787509
WYSIWYG - PCB only. You'd have to comb Ali yourself but sometimes they appear on eBay.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.