[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly, even just referring to Kitamura as the "desig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1466410189260[1].jpg (262KB, 753x668px) Image search: [Google]
1466410189260[1].jpg
262KB, 753x668px
Honestly, even just referring to Kitamura as the "designer" of Megaman is massively downplaying the reality of the situation. Kitamura created EVERYTHING we know and think about Megaman. The characters, their designs, the story, the bosses, the level select systems, the basics of game design right down to the patterns the enemies attack in, he wrote the fucking manual...

http://shmuplations.com/megaman/

Read this interview and you will be astonished with how little Inafune had to do with the first two Megaman games. It was all Kitamura.
>>
>>3784528
We know.
>>
He wasn't even called Mega Man back then so it's completely irrelevant.
>>
We know this, but at the same time you gotta learn to retain some critical reading.
Never blindlly trust any interview you read. Always think, who's answering, how, who's asking the questions and what questions.

This is an interview of that one man by a fan of that one man, so obviously the questions are meant to make him look good. Some of the answers involve 'we' or the team. And even if he doesn't mean anything wrong, he could be remembering things wrong or differently.

You can end up finding contradicting answers, like how he mentions he spent a lot of time "studying enemy placement in other games" but other devs saw that as spending work time having fun playing games instead of working. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Critical thinking is important and not just regarding video games, it's the same when you read or watch world news, no matter where it comes from, the very fact that they decide to talk about a subject versus another one means a lot.
>>
File: hackfune.png (2MB, 2639x850px) Image search: [Google]
hackfune.png
2MB, 2639x850px
>>3784528
You lying fuck, Inafune is a fucking liar but saying that Kitamura did everything is also a lie, the idea from the first Mega Man was from Kitamura but at the same time a lot of ideas from other developers where used, heck in that interview the men itself admit that when he hit a wall for some idea another developer would come and fix that idea, so please, we now that Inafune is a fucking piece of shit but please stop spamming this shit.
>>
>>3784581

Kitamura and Matsushita were the most important people for MM1. Inafune was irrelevant.
>>
>>3784580
I mean wow, look at that interview and how he's taking credit for the composer's work, and the interviewer eats it up and goes into the same direction.

Of course composers and game planers are going to work together to make things fit, but that doesn't make the game planer responsible for the songs. Look how he's talking about the music from Wily Castle stage 1, at the same time he says he had nothing to do with it and then takes credit for it anyway.
>>
>>3784598
>>3784580

>You will never bash Nesfag's head in with a rock.
>>
>>3784581 #
>Someone else designed Megaman
>I designed MegaMan
>I designed MegaMan X
>Someone else designed Megaman X

Wtf?
>>
>it's another Kitamura awareness thread

Once again: people don't care, and /vr/ is not your personal army.
>>
>>3784608
whats your problem sperg?
>>
No one cares.
At the end of the day, Inafune was the guy making sure Capcom didn't scrap the series like they did with everything else that wasn't Street Fighter or Resident Evil.
>>
File: 1480474429092.jpg (123KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480474429092.jpg
123KB, 641x600px
>>3784580
>NESfag on critically reading decades-old video game journals
>>
Who cares about ideas. The programmers who implemented them are the ones who did the real work.
>>
>>3784528
Nobody on 4chan knows what a producer does or how important they are, so it's no wonder Conman/always a fraud memes about Inafune get spread around.

>>3784580
Also this, OP, think hard. Just because this article is what you want to hear doesn't mean it's gonna be truthful or fair.
>>
File: 190-3-3829292.jpg (133KB, 1434x482px) Image search: [Google]
190-3-3829292.jpg
133KB, 1434x482px
>>3786782
>>
>>3786895
It's funny hearing lessons on the subject from people who are clueless about what a vg producer is or can be.

Not to mention the job of producer can be completely different depending on the company, the producer himself, the teams, the game, the period in time we're talking about, etc

In any case people who genuinely believe that the people making the games are "the devs" and that producers or even publishers aren't part of "making the game" shouldn't be trying to give lessons
>>
Who gives a shit? Inafune burned any credibility he had with MN9 and Capcom isn't going to do anything worthwhile with Mega Man anymore anyway.

You shouldn't be pointing to one or two people being responsible for a game anyway, because that's how cults like the cult of Inafune get started. Games are made by a team of people, not one guy.
>>
>>3786782

Producers oversee the development
>>
File: 1019.jpg (21KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1019.jpg
21KB, 400x399px
>>3786909
You've taught me a lesson.

You've taught me you suck.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.