[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any rom hacks that cut out the nightmare difficulty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: turbo love tunnel.jpg (111KB, 444x387px) Image search: [Google]
turbo love tunnel.jpg
111KB, 444x387px
Are there any rom hacks that cut out the nightmare difficulty segment of the Battletoads jet bike race? (pic related)

Ive never seen the rest of the game beyond that, and now that ive discovered romhacks this is like #1 priority since its such a fun and quirky game.
>>
Use savestates, or play the japanese rom, it's a tad easier.
>>
>>3783217
You mean game genie codes? Save scumming? Git gudding?
>>
>>3783217
If you want to beat the rest of the game you'll just have to git okay
>>
>>3783217
>it's a meme and you fell for it
It's not hard, at all man. I can beat battle toads with practice, and this part was never the rough spot.
>>
No, as part of the Battletoads meme is the game difficulty.
No one will cut that to make it a cohesive and fun game.
>>
>>3783230
disregarded

>>3783234
disregarded

>>3783237
disregarded

>>3783238
disregarded

>>3783227
I use save states, im not gonna bother going at this particular segment of the game over and over again just so I can get a save state established with having gotten past the race.

Im okay with dodging a few of the walls at the beginning before it accelerates. But after that it should just hit the finish line or whatever other dudes are after it (are there enemies after the wall segment or does it just go straight to the finishline?)
>>
>>3783217
Turbo Tunnel is just something that needs a bit of practice. You need to think of the obstacles as a series rather than individuals. I will admit it is bullshit but if it's that hard for you, use an emulator that lets you define the framerate and slow it down a tad.
>>
the romhack is called "the japanese version"
>>
>>3783217
Play it on a CRT and/or play the Nippon version.
>>
>>3783217
just tough it out and do something a 7-year old is capable of?

You have to memorize the wall locations if you don't have god like reflexes. use a cheat sheet if you're too dumb.
>>
>>3783217
there's no romhacks to make this section easier because it should only take 30-45 minutes to beat this section with practice for an ok gamer.

also who would romhack out the funnest part of the game?
>>
>>3783294
OP here.
Disregard that, I suck cocks.
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
>>3783389
>>
>>3783217
Hey, it's not like the entire rest of the game is cakewalk after stage 3, the entire game is a good meal for hardcore gamers.
>>
>>3783368
>>3783374

I dont consider this the funnest part.
And it should be an afterthought.

> actually given up to that point in the game, I thought the rope descent with the birds was probably the coolest, along with the first boss fight.

> I could give a brown shit less about the goddamn jet bike

> though it was nicely drawn and I would have preferred a Jet Bike Chase with other guys on jet bikes trying to shoot me from behind or something

> and it makes no sense anyway, should be able to decelerate as desired
>>
>>3783340
okay ill check that out

> I generally avoid japanese versions of everything like the plague, because its in another language
>>
>>3783217
If you can't deal with the turbo tunnel, you're not gonna like what comes afterwards
>>
>>3783398
maybe if you keep whining that will help?

>the game should always give you an easy option

NO, just NO
>>
>>3783402
Boy, you sound like a spineless beta faggot.
>>
you think turbo tunnel is difficult wait till intruder excluder
>>
The entire game is hard, you can always warp or use Game Genie to skip that stage.....

I did that as a kid and learned that the first 2 levels are no way indicative of the rest of the game's difficulty.

Besides the last onslaught isn't too tricky, it's just up and down in a zigzag.
>>
>>3783402
>fucking up greentext
>complaining about battle toads being hard
>being a whinny bitch who is still going to get ass raped on the nip version
>implying you need language to play this game
>>
>>3783361
I wonder how much of the "turbo tunnel is impossible omg" meme comes from shitty emulators with input lag. I can pull it off every try on a real NES.
>>
Turbo Tunnel is not even the hardest segment in the game.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.