[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are the top 20 bestselling pre-2000 games on gog. Do goggers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (354KB, 441x1219px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
354KB, 441x1219px
These are the top 20 bestselling pre-2000 games on gog.

Do goggers have good taste? Have many have you played?

I own every game except the wing commander games. Of the games I own, I have yet to play Freespace 2 or Syndicate Plus. It's surprising that Theme Hospital is so high, it gets put into popular bundles pretty often so that might be why. My favorite game on this list is probably Might and Magic 6, followed by Planescape Torment.
>>
>No Tetris
This list is a lie.
>>
>>3782764
They have Tetris on gog?
>>
They could be more creative, but those aren't bad games.
>>
>>3782769
My point is Tetris is the best selling video game of all time.
>>
>>3782587
I cant vouch for 16 of them games, but i can tell you that 4 of them, are imo the best building games ever made.

pharaoh, caesar 3, DK, and RCT.

RCT+ Pharaoh in particular.
Truely GOAT material.
>>
>>3782587
>doom not numer one
literally trash
>>
>>3782843
gog has been getting a bunch of modern indie trash recently which has been annoying, but their retro RTS catalog is one of the best.

>>3782868
Doom is very low even when you restrict it to shooters. The Wing Commander series have been on sale dozens of times and they're all at the top.
>>
>>3782868
Doom fans do not buy doom. They download IWADs, because no money from purchases would go to actual people who developed it, as they all have left id long ago.
>>
>>3782587
>Do goggers have good taste?

How do you define "good taste"?
>>
>>3783102
"things that I like"
>>
>>3782587
>Never cared for the Descent games until recently, want to buy them and try them out.

>Remember they all got shitcanned back in 2015 because of some legal circlejerking.

Will these games ever be commercially available again?

And don't say "lol, just emulate them", I am not a fucking thief, scumbag.
>>
I'm surprised HoMM2 is selling. You rarely see it compared to 3.
>>
>>3782839
Are you trying to be funny?
>>
>>3782764
>>3782839

>>on gog

Learn to read.
>>
>>3782587
Baldur's Gate used to be high up on the list before they replaced the original versions with EE, now even NWN2 is a better selling game.
>>
>>3783210
Not really surprising considering that they get bundled together often and HoMM2 is better than 3.
>>
>>3782587
>Planescape starts out really strong, I think it's going to be a click n' stab like Diablo.

>Devolves into pause turn based RPG bullshit

God fucking DAMN IT I hate this sort of mechanic, it's fucking retarded.
>>
To be fair a lot of those are games they've given away for free, so I don't know if those numbers count towards sales.
>>
>>3782587
Best selling =/= best.
>>
>>3783363
Which is the whole point of asking if they have good taste
>>
>Caesar 3
>Not the superior Caesar 2

Caesar 2 isn't on gog though.
>>
>>3783328
baldur's gate series is the worst at this.
>>
>>3783620
Really? I think playing IWD with a full party is the worst in terms of pause-play-pause. I don't know why he thinks that about PT though, it moves very smoothly.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.