[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is very fun but I'm terrible at it. Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

File: Armored-Core-1_PSX_US.jpg (129KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
Armored-Core-1_PSX_US.jpg
129KB, 500x511px
This game is very fun but I'm terrible at it.

Can we have an AC thread?
>>
Bumping with some music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1-W4OcDSyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFqtrBAd9hs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS6vHtQxvfs
>>
>>3780616
Sure we can.
>>
>>3780616
Play Front Mission then.
>>
>>3780616
>This game is very fun but I'm terrible at it.

Gotta learn to boost-hop, friend. Easiest way to evade enemy fire. Might want to stick with mid-weight humanoid legs until you get better at dodging, then you can switch to lightweight for max speed. A lot of the lightweight AC parts had high energy DEF in the old games, so there's that, too.

Your FCS determines the size of your targeting window, as well as your maximum lock-on range, missile lock speed, and number of missile locks. Wide & shallow is better for close-range weapons (machineguns, pulse rifles, etc), while you'll probably want narrow & deep for sniping.

Energy weapons are great for missions, because while they can run out of ammo, just like solid weapons, you don't actually have to pay for the ammo. They drain some of the AC's energy, instead. If you're planning on running an AC with a lot of energy weapons, make sure you're carrying a heavy duty generator.
>>
>>3780780
If you want the Human Plus upgrades (easy mode), fail missions until you go -50000c in debt. Doing this over and over will give you various upgrades, which will also carry over to Project Phantasma and Master of Arena, if you import your AC1 save file to those. Keep in mind that Human Plus upgrades can only be gained in AC1, so you need to do it now before you move onto the other games, if you want them.

You get the first upgrade the first time you go 50000c in debt. The second upgrade is after you do that four times, and the third (final) upgrade is the sixth time you go into debt.

Lv1:
Installs an automatic grid-type radar with 5120 range. You can now fire energy waves from your laser sword by holding X while slashing.

Lv2:
Shoulder weapons that require you to kneel, such as chainguns, laser cannons, and so on, can be used while moving.

Lv3:
Boosting consumes half as much energy.

There's a lot of misinformation regarding Human Plus, like having to go into debt ten times, and getting upgrades every time you go into debt, which aren't true at all. A lot of sites list the upgrades out of order, too. Energy consumed by weapons isn't affected, either; just boost consumption.
>>
>>3780780
>>3780781
Thanks for the info man. I'd heard about the NG+ thing but like you said there's a lot of conflicting information regarding how get it exactly.

I think I've managed to create some sort of monstrous heavy-type AC with an energy rifle and basic missiles because I can't dodge for shit. If I go into human plus I'll restructure my AC as middleweight for maximum fasts.

The game is still a total blast though and now I'm really keen to play the sequels since you can import your data.
>>
>>3780794
Keep in mind that if you do the Human Plus thing, you keep all of your parts, but you lose all of your mission progress. It's best to do it early on, so you don't have to redo missions later.
>>
File: ACPP01_zpsa9735e51.png (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ACPP01_zpsa9735e51.png
51KB, 640x480px
>>3780826
And this is my machine, for reference. I stuck to the same basic setup for all three of the PS1 games, but I change out some of my weapons when fighting in the arena. AC1 is kind of limited in terms of parts, but once you get to PP and MoA, you can make some monsters.
>>
File: ACPP02_zpsec49d738.png (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ACPP02_zpsec49d738.png
48KB, 640x480px
>>3780836
>>
>>3780836
Nice, I just got my ass kicked by Kamui 17 3 times in a row so now I'm back to the beginning using my mid game AC. I need to get my shit together and buy some better gear but overall I'm still digging the original game.
>>
>>3780748
different genre you nigger
>>
File: jager.png (44KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
jager.png
44KB, 400x300px
Posting my old mech I built in the late 90s or early 2000s. I loved energy weapons because my experience with ballistics was that I went in debt from ammo prices every mission.
>>
This is for all you fuckboys out there, trying to talk shit against me
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>3780616
Sure, but stop playing and delete it

Play Master of Arena. It holds up insanely well
>>
>>3781583
What he said
>>
I wish being able to use back weapons while boosting was possible without having to +, it makes so many weapons I would normally never use viable.
>>
File: ACPP_Promotional_Poster.jpg (472KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ACPP_Promotional_Poster.jpg
472KB, 667x1000px
>>3781583
>>3781623
I've heard a lot of good things about Arena but I wanted to start out with the original game to get to grips with the series first. Plus I hear there's an overarching story that I don't wanna miss out on.

DOes Arena have dual-analog support or was that only added in AC2?
>>
>>3783171
ac2 only added functions for l3/r3. dual-analog started with nexus.
>>
>>3780836
>>3780837
>3 high cost energy weapons on a high energy cost frame
>2 of the same plasma cannons on a light frame that has to crouch to use them

3/10
>>
>>3781583

Fuck YES. This game had hours of replay value, provided you had a friend that was willing to sperg out with you for optimal builds. Eventually my friend and I realized that ranged builds tended to be zero-sum because if one went heavy artillery the other would go light and dodgy. If you went midrange guns, they'd go melee. So eventually we decided on a combination that was a fun challenge for the both of us: Melee only, lighted bodies possible and highest boost possible, on those weird floaty platforms where if you fell off you died. It was the resource management of keeping your energy up while outmaneuvering your opponent, but able to boost out of a fall.

After the got boring we'd start the battle by boosting up as far as we could, and melee-ing on the way down. Frequently we neglected to stick the landing and both plummeted to our deaths, but it was fun. We were happy, then.
>>
>>3785854
>We were happy then
>>
>>3785497
>3/10

4 points more than I would have given
>>
>>3785497
>>3785907
This isn't my arena build; it's mainly used for missions. I like to use the shoulder lasers to shoot down enemies beyond the lock on range, and the laser rifle / Moonlight is used to deal with enemies I have to get close to. Energy cost doesn't really matter, either, because the generator has 9988 capacity, and like 34000 max charge.

Are there more efficient / better builds out there? Of course, but I don't care.
>>
Reminder that quad legs are best legs in the PS1 games.
>>
File: Armored Core MA (32).png (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Armored Core MA (32).png
230KB, 1920x1080px
This guy kills commies.
>>
>>3783371
Yes sadly. And ac2 had 2 version. Both on ps2. One sucked but the other was glorious!
>>
File: GreenGiant.png (91KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GreenGiant.png
91KB, 640x480px
Here's my current AC.

I stuffed him full of optional parts and now he can take a hit like a champ. Not very mobile as you can see but it's still fun playing as a powerhouse.

This game is a total blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgrSMu-kwKc
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.