/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All other main Mario games suck, why do people like them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Super-mario-bros-logo.jpg (227KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Super-mario-bros-logo.jpg
227KB, 1600x1200px
All other main Mario games suck, why do people like them? Other than nostalgia
>>
SMW has the best 2D physics.
>>
>>3779415
What!? One of the reasons I dont like it is they changed the perfection of SMB physics. Whats good about SMW is the camera
>>
>>3779425
I love SMB, but after playing SMW and going back to it I realize that Mario has a slower momentum. The way he turns, gains speed and jump feels a bit weird for me now. I think I'm used to SMW's floaty and responsive physics.
>>
>>3779407
why All other main Mario games suck?
>>
>>3779545
Why indeed. These are the questions we must ask ourselves
>>
>>3779407
You're gonna need a bigger bait.
>>
>>3779527
I mostly dislike floaty physics. That might be why i dont like newer Mario games. Though SMB is plenty floaty to me.
>>
>>3779576
I'm fucking serious, Anon. This is a legit question and I want to know
>>
>>3779407
All riding the popularity of the first game
If someone likes Yoshi's Island they are too fargone to be saved
>>
I think the other Mario games are great, but I feel like the original is underrated just for having less content. I like to think of it as much more pick up and play friendly, plus I feel like it demands more skill than 3 does.

Also I feel like World gets too much praise, it's good, but a step down from 2 and 3. Yoshi isn't that cool and the feather is broken.
>>
>>3779680
Yeah I mostly agree, though I feel like 3 is where it begins going in the wrong direction. 3 gets into all sorts of shit by adding the map, choosing levels and getting powerups outside of gameplay.
1 and 2 are perfect. People complain about 2 being too hard, but honestly, git gud, and it shouldn't be if you mastered 1.
>>
>>3779698

I feel like Lost Levels would be easier for me if it looked a bit more different, it's so hard to divorce the original SMB1 from that game in my mind, so I just can't get used to the slightly different physics in that game. If I were savvy enough, I'd attempt to make some kind of graphics hack of the game.
>>
>>3779705
A pallet hack should suffice, honestly.
>>
>>3779798

Maybe, but I still feel like editing Mario's sprite would be ideal.

I'd personally go with modified sprites from Mario Bros and Donkey Kong. I don't play those games enough for my muscle memory to assign them to a certain set of physics. ( plus I think they look better than the SMB sprite anyway )
>>
>>3779407
>i jest herd this on an lp so i post
>look mah i got a post on 4chan
Cool story kid. Your underage opinion that isn't even yours is shit. There were plenty of other good games. 0/troll
>>
>>3780167
>Assuming assumptions
>implying I watch lp
Please, anon. Did it not occur to you that people have their own opinions?
>>
>>3779705
>It's so hard to divorce the original SMB1 from that game in my mind
Yeah that's a valid complaint, but I still think the physics are similar enough that it shouldnt take too long to acclimate.
>>
>>3780485
On /vr/?
With a shitpost like that?
Never occurred to me.
Prove me wrong underage eceleb ass licking faggot. Show me how in all your long wise years your reached that shipost of a conclusion all by yourself in that little brain of yours.
>>
>>3780593
You sound personally offended, as if you base your core person on the idea that Mario games are good. I suggest not being a fag.
>>
>>3780621
What's wrong with Mario games?
>>
>>3779407
Maybe you suck at them?

I do to, but you don't see me blaming the game.
>>
>>3780787
I don't like the way that changed the physics from 2 onwards. Some of the 3D ones are alright
>>
>>3780621
You sound like you just watched an lp and your tiny spergboi brain has the shit stuck in it. I suggest not not doing that. Because I really like making fun of losers like you. Keep on spergen.
>>
>>3779407
All Mario side-strollers suck, DKC is where it's at.
>>
>>3782564
I like both, but I think only the first DKC holds a candle to any of the other /vr/ Mario games.

Of course the modern DK games stomp the modern 2D Marios into the ground, but it's not exactly like that's hard to do.
>>
>>3779407
Because people have different tastes. Imagine that one.
>>
I never liked merryo. I think it's a stupid character. Fat Italian plumber? Really?
>>
>>3783918
Well, my taste says: it sucks.
>>
>>3783918
Well yeah, no shit. What I'm asking is why they like the features they like, or what parts of the games they like.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.