[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw own 3 Sega consoles but 0 games for them >Saturn games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: s-l300.jpg (12KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
12KB, 300x216px
>tfw own 3 Sega consoles but 0 games for them
>Saturn games are absurdly expensive
>Dreamcast games are all better on other consoles
>Genesis literally has nogames but Sanic

Was I memed?
>>
>>3779284
>>Genesis literally has nogames but Sanic
Yes you did get memed faggot.
>>
>>3779284
>Genesis literally has nogames
Lol, dude. You could as well buy 30 consoles and still have no gaems for them.
>>
>Dreamcast has no games
you deserve your misery for it is of your own making
>>
>>3779284
Congratulations. You are the ultimate retard.
>>
>>3779284
this is bait zone act 1
>>
File: ew.png (43KB, 518x549px) Image search: [Google]
ew.png
43KB, 518x549px
>Saturn: "we want the Super Famicom audience"
>Dreamcast: "we want the N64 audience"
Genesis was a great piece of hardware for its time though
>>
>>3779284
>>tfw own 3 Sega consoles but 0 games for them
buy an chinese everdrive & burn free bootleg cd-r for dreamcast and saturn
>>Saturn games are absurdly expensive
some are yes. stop buying games on ebay.
>>Dreamcast games are all better on other consoles
dreamcast has a shit ton of exclusives
you're retarded. treasure and konami say otherwise.
>>
>Was I memed?

Yes, there's a reason Sega isn't making hardware anymore. They sucked at it.

"Shut up stupid anon, the Dreamcast is the best thing ever and the world just wasn't ready for the saturn"

My ass, Sega isn't the misunderstood child. They sucked at hardware for a reason.
>>
File: 1483565285436.jpg (33KB, 542x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483565285436.jpg
33KB, 542x600px
>>3779314
>treasure
>>
>>3779284
>Was I meme'd

No you're just a shitposting poor faggot with no taste.

/Thread
>>
>>3779316
>this revisionism

Out. Get out.
>>
>>3779324
There's nothing wrong with accepting the truth anon.
>>
>>3779316
The hardware was great. The interest was low post-Genesis because of reasons. Few games and high price in the case of Saturn. Dreamcast was great all around. People just didn't care.
>>
>>3779336
It's not the truth tho

Maybe it's the alternative truth
>>
>>3779337
>>3779339
>"T-The consoles were great! The whole world was wrong! Nintendo is the devil!"
>>
As there's a small chance OP is an actual retard who genuinely thinks there are no games on Genesis, here's a small list of Genesis exclusives worth playing, other than Sanic:

>Alisia Dragoon
>Ecco
>ToeJam & Earl
>Comix Zone
>Thunder Force 2, 3, 4
>Landstalker
>Quackshot
>Castle of Illusion
>World of Illusion
>Aladdin
>Rocket Knight Adventures
>Chakan
>Gunstar Heroes
>Streets of Rage 1, 2, 3
>Ristar
>Shinobi (all of them)
>Eternal Champions
>Wonder Boy in Monster World
>Phantasy Star 2, 3, 4
>>
>>3779346
>the Peeasschoo hype killed the Dreamcast!
>>
>mod will autistically remove any posts that talk shit about Treasure

>this thread is perfectly acceptable, though
>>
File: 206.png (5KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
206.png
5KB, 300x100px
>>3779284
>>
>>3779346
The whole world _was_ wrong, yes. Are you implying it's not possible for the whole world to be wrong about something? That's called an appeal to majority and it is a logical fallacy, anon.
>>
>>3779374
>it's not possible for the whole world to be wrong about something?
The majority does matter for a company that is trying to sell a console for $199. If they fail at it it's their fault.
>>
>>3779392
I wasn't assigning blame. Just saying that sometimes good things are not popular. In such instances, it's a failure of marketing, if you want to assign blame.
>>
It's Sega CD that had all the unique shit, or at least superior ports.
>>
dreamcast games better on other consoles?doubt it like?f3fiddy virtua on,virtua tennis.doa2,marvel vs capcom rez are almost identical,sure vertua fighter looks bettar on da piustzu but come on thats anather story
>>
>>3779284
>not pirating all saturn and dreamcast games
but it's so easy OP.
>>
>tfw own 6 Sega consoles with lots of games
>>
>>3779284
>own the prestigous Sega CDX
>only use it as a Genesis
>own no Sega CD games
>Wanted to get into Saturn, and Dreamcast
>Can't be assed.
>>
>>3779457
in this case noone lost
>>
>>3779405
Nah, look at the Sega CD for instance.
And all the life support in the Genesis.
All of it was objectively bad.
>>
>>3779482
You can just burn Mega CD games, you idiot.
>>
>>3779284
You do not own a single sega . feggit
>>
>>3779474
>6

What's the 6th one? The Nomad? Or are you counting stuff like Sega CD / 32x as a console?
>>
Genesis is pretty fucking nice with it tho
>>
>>3779501
SC-3000, Master System, Mega Drive, Game Gear, Saturn, Dreamcast.
>>
>>3779504
>tho
What the fuck?
>>
>>3779312
>Dreamcast: "we want the N64 audience"

Nah, they wanted the Sony audience. The hardware was more similar to the Playstation (fixed function, extremely strong, extremely easy to use), than the N64 (extremely flexible but hard to use and not that strong).
>>
>>3779518
the fuck they wanted straight outa buisness
>>
>>3779518
>playstation
>extremely strong

>N64
>not that strong
nigger what
>>
>>3779518
In the end the N64 won anyways being the inferior console even.
Shit I love Nintendo and even I think the N64 was utter shit.
>>
>>3779284
>Dreamcast games are all better on other consoles
Objectively false. Most of the ports of Dreamcast games are piss-fucking-poor.

And good luck playing all those perfect ports of arcade games unless you're an emulator faggot.
>>
>>3779530
Out of all the consoles in their gen, the N64 was the inferior one technically speaking.

The developers were the clever ones programming for it (see RE2)
>>
>>3779284
Only partially. The Genesis sucks, don't listen to the hipsters. The Saturn is pretty good if you can afford the games but still somewhat overrated. The Dreamcast is really great, lots of good stuff and not that expensive yet.
>>
>>3779531
>this shit again
The dreamcast even looks like a 64
It has weird ass controllers and everything
U guys either didn't have a 64 or played every game for it to exhaustion
>>
>>3779538
different taste,if u think re2 is so killer i do like it too and even a bit of hate
>>
>>3779550
Dude, learn to read.
I never said RE2 for N64 was killer or the best thing ever, I used it as an example of clever programming (cramming two CDs in a cartridge).
You 12 or something?
>>
>>3779552
let me put it this way
I'm old enough to please your mother in bed

xP
>>
>>3779487
Are we still talking about Dreamcast here? Because I don't think we are.
>>
>>3779558
Oohhh
Good one
You won't like her tho, she's kinda fat and grumpy.
>>
>>3779348
There is many more than this list too. Sometimes you play a game for 5 minutes on an emulator and think it sucks, but if you keep going, you find out there is more to it and it becomes fun.
>>
File: 1484744550286.png (252KB, 640x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1484744550286.png
252KB, 640x1800px
>>3779518
I always thought it was combination of both, PS1 and N64. Four controller ports, analog sticks as standard and memory card slots on controller were definitely N64 innovations. Hell, they even corrected oversight on the N64 controller by having two memory card slots, allow you to use the rumble pak at the same time.

>>3779538
The N64 had a GPU that was high-end for its time.
>>
>>3779487
What life support for the genesis?
>>
>>3779518
The N64 was stronger at 3D than any PC at its time of release. So was the PS1. So was the Dreamcast.

Only thing you are right about is that the PS1 and Dreamcast are more fixed function than the N64.
>>
>>3779284
0/troll
You weren't memed. Then who was meme?
>>
>>3779795
>The N64 had a GPU that was high-end for its time.

No, it was just advanced, but it wasn't high end.
>>
>>3780754
If you consider the GPU in isolation (put memory aside) there was nothing more high-end available at the consumer level until 1998.

Unless you mean it has to be full blown workstation/arcade tier to be considered high-end.
>>
>>3779284
You can burn games and buy a $40 flashcard for the Genesis you ding dong
>>
>>3780772
>If you consider the GPU in isolation (put memory aside) there was nothing more high-end available at the consumer level until 1998.

Two problems with that, though:
- you can't put the memory aside, since the gpu won't work without it. Unless you use a different architecture, and then you are not using the N64 GPU anymore but some other imaginary product.
- it was on a locked down system that you could not run your own code on.

So it doesn't matter how powerful it was despite the memory bottleneck, because it had the memory bottleneck. And it doesn't matter how powerful it was compared to any PC card really, because I could crunch pixels on a PC card if I wanted to, but I couldn't do it on the N64 without extremely extensive dev gear in 1996.

Might as well say that the Saturn would've been faster than the PSX if it had 200MHz DDR SDRAM on the video chip, or that the Dreamcast could've been more powerful than the PS2 if it shipped with the Elan T&L unit. They didn't, so they weren't. That's exactly how the N64 GPU was stronger than the 3dfx Voodoo as well.
>>
>>3779487
>Genesis
>Life support
The only thing that ended the Genesis was the Saturn.
>>
>>3779284

Well i can tell you that Dreamcast had some awesome games for sure. Soul Calibur, Shenmue, Blue Stinger, Resident Evil: CV (if you're man enough), Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Soul Reaver, Crazy Taxi, and my eternal bae, Phantasy Star Online. It's my understanding PSO still has some kind of online community, too!

Saturn, unfortunately, only had shit that PSX had, at a way higher price point. Enjoy your $350 Lunar: Silver Story
>>
>>3779284
>>Dreamcast games are all better on other consoles

You're an unbelievable faggot.

Sell your systems to someone less stupid than you.
>>
What are everdrives, pseudo saturn and SD DC or burning games. There are so many options to play them. Hell there are still some games that are great that are affordable still
>>
>>3779532
>Skies of Arcadia
>Sonic Adventure HD
>SA2B and HD
>Jet Grind Radio HD
>PSO1+2
>Space Channel 5 PS2
>Samba de Amigo Wii
>Power Stone Collection
>worse than Dreamcast versions
Top lel
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.