[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it have been a disaster? Yes. Would it have sunk Nintendo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 300px-64DD-Attached.jpg (12KB, 300x239px) Image search: [Google]
300px-64DD-Attached.jpg
12KB, 300x239px
Would it have been a disaster? Yes.
Would it have sunk Nintendo? Maybe.
Do I care? No.

>ywn get a beefed-up N64 with expanded versions of the best games...
>>
>>3778552
I wanted this so bad when it was announced.
>>
Nah fuck the disc drive. It never needed that shit. The games on 64 were fantastic and still great today. There was truly no need for this.

If you wanted discs you bought PS1. I liked the variety that N64 and PS1 had to offer.
>>
Koizumi revealed in Iwata Asks that this would have been a disaster. CD's were too slow. Out of Link's 200 - 300 animations, a CD could only process about 60 of them or something like that. So he was relieved when Ocarina of Time was canceled for it and redesigned as a cartridge-only exclusive.

That's actually why I like Nintendo games. They're like the early Paramount or Disney of vidya. In my opinion Sony games and third-parties like Capcom who went to them during the 3D era have this janky look to their animations. It's like they never grew out of that phase.

But back to topic. My stance on 64DD is simple. Show me a better game than OoT, and I will begin to entertain the notion that the N64 would have benefited in some way from the attachment.

Because of as right now, N64 is still the most powerful machine on earth as far as I'm concerned, simply because it's the best way to play Ocarina of Time. Literally, scarecrow song encore can't even be emulated.
>>
>>3778596

Ahem, don't mean to be Mr. autismo here, but it's a disk drive, not a disc drive. i.e. magnetic media, not optical media
>>
I don't know if it would have been a disaster. I remember it was on Nintendo Power's top most wanted list for just about the entirety of the N64's lifespan.
>>
>>3778831
But DD does not use CDs
>>
>>3778552
For games, it probably would flop, but if more software like the F-Zero expansion kit, ot the Mario Artist series got released, it could've been relatively sucessful.

Imagine, we could have something like Mario Maker on the 64.
>>
>>3778845
Goddamn I loved that gb 007 game so fucking much
>>
File: 1476452145128.jpg (58KB, 800x706px) Image search: [Google]
1476452145128.jpg
58KB, 800x706px
>>3778845
>Mortal Kombat 4
>>
>>3778837
Well I learned something today
>>
File: 31e.png (26KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
31e.png
26KB, 165x115px
>>3778837
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.