[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the oldest video game that you consider to be on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 634434monaco2.png (10KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
634434monaco2.png
10KB, 320x224px
What's the oldest video game that you consider to be one of your favorites?

For me, Sega's Monaco GP, from 1979. I've been able to play it on location a few times, and have recently been playing this excellent "simulation" of it (as a discrete logic game, it cannot be played using MAME).

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=134445.0

It's a very simple driving game with the only goal being to drive as fast as you can to keep scoring points, and not crash. What makes it great is that it has an incredible sense of speed, especially for such an early game. The feeling of weaving through traffic at full throttle and hearing the engine roaring higher and higher is fucking awesome.

You can also play it on the "Sega Ages Memorial Selection Vol. 2", for Saturn.
>>
File: 28147901.jpg (108KB, 472x655px) Image search: [Google]
28147901.jpg
108KB, 472x655px
>>3777490

I liked the Taito Version called Super Speed Race V. I remember playing it a lot when i was a kid. But nowadays the only arcade who still got one functional closed a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNXajg4sqAs
>>
>>3777490
I like Pac Man, and I think it was my first and still like it, but two years later the frenetic liquid orgasm that is Robotron came to be, and I consider that my earliest fav.
>>
I guess Fire from the Game & Watch series?
>>
File: Paperboy (U).png (3KB, 256x240px)
Paperboy (U).png
3KB, 256x240px
>>3777490
A bunch of the NES titles I've had since I was a kid. Some weekends it's just fun to grab a friend and burn through Mario Bros 3, or sit alone and frustratedly try to figure out how I fucked the password up in Faxanadu.

But nothing's quite so comfy on a Saturday morning as a big bowl of sugary cereal, laptop off to the side playing long-canceled 90's cartoons and firing up the ol' NES with a fresh play of Paperboy.
>>
>>3777490
Probably Robotron 2084. There are plently of games from before that that I enjoy tremendously, but none that I'd consider "one of my favorites".
>>
this.
Clash At Demonhead for NES.
literally one of my first memories as a child
>>
Asteroids is a really good game I can play for hours but I'd hesitate to call it one of my favorites.
>>
File: ali_baba.png (1KB, 336x240px)
ali_baba.png
1KB, 336x240px
It's a fun multi-player RPG
>>
Tempest
>>
sword of samurai
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.