[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best and more accurate emulators? (2017 edition)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1485706740420.png (18KB, 320x376px) Image search: [Google]
1485706740420.png
18KB, 320x376px
What's the best and more accurate emulators? (2017 edition)

What's the absolute best emulators from today standards? I already know punes (nes) and higan (snes) and they are incredibly, but what about other systems like genesis, vba, sms and etc? Do your guys still use vba and kega? Or everyone use retroarch these days? A comprehensive list would be helpful.
>>
>>3776770
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>>3776776
Thanks... but any recomendation?
>>
>>3776770
GAOOO
>>
>>3776770
Cute demon!
>>
>>3776776
btw none of these articles say what the best emulators for each system are nor do they offer opinions

which actually means you didn't properly read the first post, please open your eyes next time
>>
>>3776770
>Do your guys still use vba and kega?
I use genesis plus gx and mgba
>>
>>3777748
You didn't read the first post on this board and you didn't properly read the wiki.
You have no rights to complain.
>>
>>3776770

Best Genesis Emulator (for accuracy): Exodus.
Best PSX Emulator: mednafen.
Best N64 Emulator: Project64.
Best GBA Emulator: mGBA.

I haven't had the need to play any Genesis games on my PC as of recent. I just play them on my 3DS with Genesis Plus GX/Picodrive. Exodus seems to be the most accurate at the time of this writing, but I don't know much about it. Otherwise, Kega is still pretty accurate and supports multiple Sega systems, such as the Master System.

Mednafen has the most accurate PlayStation 1 emulator as far as I know. Only supports the system's original resolution and needs the BIOS. It's also worth pointing out it has the most accurate Virtual Boy core (though the only game worth touching on that system is VB Wario Land).

Project64 is still king but even then it's not flawless. The "most accurate" overall is still probably the official Virtual Console re-releases of N64 titles.

mGBA is better than VBA in every way at this point. Great compatibility (supports the Classic NES Series which is infamously hard to work with!), frequently updated (said Classic NES Series had an entertaining write-up by the author of the emulator), and it even supports wonderfully useless things like simulating yanking the cartridge. Recently added GB/GBC support, though the author recommends for the time being you turn to another emulator like BGB if your concern is accuracy.

I personally don't use Retroarch on my PC. I get what it's trying to do, but it seems like the emulators can get outdated quicker and I honestly find most of the UI horribly clunky to be worth my time. Their console ports are great though and they rule retro emulation on 3DS with an iron fist.
>>
http://nonmame.retrogames.com/
>>
>>3777856
>mGBA

I'm gonna have to try this, it sounds pretty nice. I like Xebra (for PSX) for the same reason that it tries to be so accurate that you can even open/close the disc tray or pull off/insert the memory cards and whatnot.

What I use for GBA/GBC/GB though is a pair of emulators for Android called MyBoy and MyOldBoy. They've run everything I've thrown at them (Classic NES series, fucking GBA video even), they support rumble/tilt/gyroscope/solar sensor/etc depending on what your phone is equipped with, and linking up works like a breeze, either via wifi or bluetooth or just running two instances on the same phone.
They're paid but you can pirate them easily if you google around.
>>
>>3777736
>demon
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.