[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SNK vs Capcom JAMMA PCB is ~$65-$75 >MVS version is over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: wtfSVC.png (398KB, 774x771px) Image search: [Google]
wtfSVC.png
398KB, 774x771px
>SNK vs Capcom JAMMA PCB is ~$65-$75
>MVS version is over $300

Why is this?

Also, who the fuck in their right mind wants to pay over $300 for SNK vs Capcom?
>>
because neogeo collectors are fags and shit their diapers whenever a game is released on something that isn't a cart because collecting PCBs just isn't as cool as collecting carts.
>>
can't fit a jamma board into a shockbox.
>>
Aren't MVS carts going up in price now? I haven't checked in a while...
>>
>>3775532

Maybe some are. SNK vs Capcom certainly has. Others still seem to be sub-$20. The big problem is the wave of ridiculous BiNs. MVS games are by and large common and not in the mainstream collector markets, but they don't necessarily show up on ebay in huge waves. So, you check ebay and see a bunch of comical BiN that rarely or never sell, giving the impression of inflated prices, when if the same were to go up for actual auction, it probably wouldn't go for those prices.

Does anyone remember what Garou: MotW sold for, say, 5 years ago? I can't really remember, honestly, but I don't think it was a huge amount under the upper $100 range that it goes for now. Maybe low $100s? It is one of the few "big" titles that I still want.
>>
>>3775558

What's a good price now? $200?
>>
>>3775571

For MotW? I'm not sure, all I'd have to go on are recent ebay sales which look to be all over the place. The last ouple months seem to show prices from $150 to over $300.

Do people care about the language of the label? Is someone really willing to pay more because the listing has a "NeoMini Box" with it? I really don't know what NeoGeo MVS collectors are looking for, I never cared about the "region" of the carts since the ROMs are the same no matter the region. Shockboxes shouldn't add anything beyond $8 or whatever since you can buy a generic shockbox and print your own art if you really want that.
>>
>>3775581
(as a correction, I do seem to recall that at least one Korean MVS cart is gimped compared to other regions, but legit US and JP carts can play both versions depending on the BIOS on the mobo).

But yeah, I'd personally not pay over $200 for MotW.
>>
>>3775581

I paid more for an MVS game with a specific serial number, but the I.D. was 000666, so i kinda had to have it.
>>
>>3775585

Which one? I bought a korean kit for Metal Slug 4 recently. Am I fucked even with the unibios?
>>
>>3775592

Heh, well I can see wanting something like that. I personally prefer JP labels for most things, but in the realm of MVS I don't care enough to pay more for them. I don't know if that is a factor in pricing for other people, though, so maybe a JP MotW cart will sell for less.

I'm more just shocked about the price of SNK vs Capcom MVS. What happened? I don't recall what exactly I paid for mine, but I don't think it was much more than maybe around $100 for a kit just a few years ago.
>>
>>3775605

The violent ken effect is real. It's mostly people buying consolized MVS & superguns I think.
>>
>>3775595

Looks like KoF '98 was missing some Japanese voices on the Korean cart. Can't confirm myself, though.

One of the companies involved in the development of MS4 is Korean, so I would assume that it is fine.
>>
File: democrats.png (172KB, 676x508px) Image search: [Google]
democrats.png
172KB, 676x508px
>$350+ for Money Puzzle Exchanger

Guess I'll get that flash card instead.
>>
>>3775639

I like MVS and have a decent number of carts, but I don't see why someone would pay ridiculous $300+ collector prices for them. I'll probably just grab the 10 or so carts that I still might want and be done with it.
>>
File: wild and violent.gif-c200.gif (863KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wild and violent.gif-c200.gif
863KB, 200x200px
>>3775610
>>
>>3775491
0/troll.
Considering the MVS version sells for the same price as the JAMMA version on a regular basis I don't think many people would pay what that cherry picked listing is asking. Faggot.
>>
>>3775558
You think that's bad, trying going for a Ganryu or Twinkle Star Sprites.
>>
>>3776047

Those are sold listings, not asking prices.
>>
>>3775558

With consolized MVSs gaining popularity I imagine it's only a matter of time before those carts get just as bad
>>
>>3775491
>MVS is something tangible that people can latch onto
>JAMMA isn't

Literally the only reason. Normies can understand MVS because it's effectively the same as a console. Jamma Boards aren't carts. They aren't prestigious.

But Sunset Riders will always be the best game I won.
>>
>>3776267

Fucking normies. Hell, even stuff like Turtles in Time and Battletoads PCBs have spiked in price, the first so much so that I'd even consider selling mine if something more interesting came along.
>>
File: 612449-ben.jpg (14KB, 321x285px) Image search: [Google]
612449-ben.jpg
14KB, 321x285px
>>3776365

>selling retro
>>
>>3776130
>those are cherry picked sold listings
That's what I said sport.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.