[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just played through this. I honestly don't know what I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: sonic CD.png (612KB, 1024x500px) Image search: [Google]
sonic CD.png
612KB, 1024x500px
Just played through this. I honestly don't know what I'm missing, but I had a pretty unpleasant time. It was very hard for me to activate the time warps even when going pretty fast, so I never got any good futures through going to the past. Whether I was in the past, present, or future though, the game was very easy with no level except the very final one (with the bad ending) posing any challenge whatsoever. So, unless I'm misunderstanding something, Sonic CD is extremely easy to play normally, and only gets hard if you try to 100% it to get the good end. Right?

If that's correct this game really isn't for me. I don't really want to replay these easy stages over and over.
>>
>Over and over

You should really have just played the game right the first time, man. For one thing you're not supposed to run through from one end of the stage to the next, you're supposed to search each past stage for Robotnik's generator and destroy it. Don't forget to also play the special stage of each world to collect the Sol Emeralds. Then you can see the proper ending.

I mean, it sounds like it isn't for you anyway, but I thought I'd at least explain why it seemed to short and unfulfilling.
>>
>>3775680
Each time I got the past teleporter activates it would disappear before activating, and there are a limited number of those. Hands tied in moving forward.
>>
>>3775904

Each stage has at least one place you can do a continuous loop, the first stage has platforms that spin Sonic, second has a pinball bowl that will keep his momentum, many others have U shaped loops he go can up and down, so on and so forth. Exploration is the name of the game, gotta use the ten minutes to their fullest. People take the piss out of it being the 'Gotta NOT go fast' Sonic game but it really should be played a lot differently.

What platform are you playing on? I believe the 2013 release cut the time needed to teleport in half, if that's of interest to you.
>>
>>3775904
You have to find good spots to time travel. It's a much more fun game if you explore.
>>
>>3775680
Searching for the generators (and the metal sonic hologram) is a gigantic waste of time.

Once you get all the time emeralds, you default to good ending and good future on every level.
>>
it's a game more for it's aesthetic. Oshima was head for CD so it would make sense and with that said CD is the game that truly defines the kind of atmosphere and style Sonic should be like.

When Sonic 2 was being made Yuji Naka was head of that so of course people would praise 2 for more of it's gameplay than anything else.
>>
Yep, that's pretty much it. You can play EZ speed mode, or tedious past UFO hunt. What they really needed was more incentive to get the good future.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.