[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any other games like Wyvern and Euotopia? Graphical MUDs or maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: euotopia1.png (173KB, 1152x768px) Image search: [Google]
euotopia1.png
173KB, 1152x768px
Any other games like Wyvern and Euotopia? Graphical MUDs or maybe online multiplayer graphical rogue-likes that are actually popular?

Wyvern is gone...well it's back in app form for apple devices but that doesn't count when you don't buy apple.

Euotopia is still around but nobody plays. I'm frequently the only person on the server. Game is fun but it might as well be single player with no chat. I still play once in a while but it's not the same without others.
>>
File: ss.gif (2MB, 696x560px) Image search: [Google]
ss.gif
2MB, 696x560px
Space Station 13, lots of players, tight community, and it's the best game ever made. I don't know if it's considered retro, but the engine it uses is ancient so it's probably /vr/ related. You'll probably find a thread on /vg/ with more information, but the game is basically like this:

>space station
>you are one of the many, many crew members with different jobs
>jobs vary from legit useful jobs from janitor to engineer, but there's also clowns and mimes
>most of the jobs are somehow connected to each other; engineers uphold the station energy/oxygen/etc. chef makes food, doctors heal in case of accidents etc.
>everybody is needed more or less to keep the station going
>enter the traitors, terrorists, cataclysmic cosmic events, demons, crew mates who are just assholes
>try to survive to the end of the round

In some shifts you might just bake pizzas for 45 minutes and uphold a nice little restaurant with your bartender friends, but then some other rounds you might be gathering supplies and try to survive alien infestation.

It's a mess, and it's great. It plays like a multiplayer roguelike with permadeath, but you can be revived if they find your body and the people working in medbay are competent. Some people call it multiplayer Dwarf Fortress, which is probably a pretty accurate description because the learning curve is pretty steep, but that's just part of the charm; you never really know what the fuck is going on, just like in real life.
Just imagine being a scientist, just fooling around with your science equipment, and then suddenly realizing the station is slowly being sucked into a black hole, and then desperately trying to gather up equipment for your survival.
>>
File: wyvern1.jpg (55KB, 638x450px) Image search: [Google]
wyvern1.jpg
55KB, 638x450px
>>3775380

Wow really weird and interesting game. Not at all like what I have in mind but I might want to check it out.

I'm more interested in a Tibia-esque game but without that retarded pay-for-veteran-rank system it has.
>>
>>3775207
Daimonin
>>
File: 1359600249595.jpg (58KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
1359600249595.jpg
58KB, 600x402px
>>3777106

That might be exactly the kind of game I'm looking for. I'll check it out.
>>
>>3775380
that is more roleplaying than a game. Its more fun messing with the people who take it too seriously. Like being a janitor and making the floors wet to trip people
Linkrealms is a new mmo on steam that is like ultimaonline/runescape it is still in development but the content they did have was pretty fun. There is probably much more content now I haven't played in months
>>
I'm looking for something similar myself, I would join spesmen but i've got a fantasy vibe right now.

something like Elona, but MMO / Mud, would be awesome.
>>
>>3777371
The game is great, but the developers are sons of bitches. They don't want remove the drop limit. There is a thread on this topic on the forum, read it.
>>
Crossfire
>>
bump for interest
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.