[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played tactics ogre.Coming from the angle that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

I've never played tactics ogre.Coming from the angle that final fantasy tactics was the zenith of that franchise, what do i need to unlearn to do well?
>>
>>3774609
It's the same shit made by the same people. Grind autistically for 150 hours or you wont be able to get anywhere.
>>
>>3774609
Not much, its pretty straightforward. The game is much more based around plot heroes than randoms, and even though it pushes random units both human and monster on you, you only have 10 spots for them. There's a total of 40 unique and semi-unique heroes, which are basically just random units with unique names.

There's no way to overlevel, and enemies are always either stronger or matched at your level.

Transmuting with Deneb will involve lots of savescumming

Ranged units are OP. Their range is enormous, arced shots are very forgiving, and one or two shots can easily take out any magic user.

Some tips:

If they're an enemy but they're not evil, there's a good chance they're recruitable. Ending the battle with their health critical will usually have them join you. This is when you start smacking them with Rods.

Vyce is an asshole.

Nybeth is a terrible father and husband.

Ravness is not you're waifu

Canopus is your bess friend
>>
>>3774614
>Grind autistically for 150 hours or you wont be able to get anywhere.

The enemies of le main non-optional battles top up at level 30. You don't need to grind and with emulation it's easy to level up your team to level 30 with its training mode. Pleb.
>>
>>3774614
>Grind autistically for 150 hours or you wont be able to get anywhere.

Good meme
>>
>>3774631
>There's no way to overlevel, and enemies are always either stronger or matched at your level.

Except for Hell's Gate(which is totally optional and made for autist completeist), enemies max out at level 30. Unless you mean the PSP version which is NOT RETRO.
>>
>>3774631
>Ravness is not you're waifu
NOT RETRO.
>>
>>3774609
no matter which version you play, archers and ninjas are OP
>>
File: 1476944249484.png (448KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
1476944249484.png
448KB, 455x395px
>>3774609
>Coming from the angle that final fantasy tactics was the zenith of that franchise
>>
>>3775148
it clearly was fire emblem am i right
>>
>>3774609
Tactics Ogre requires actual tactics and is actually challenging. FFT is easy as fuck.
>>
File: 50981front-8983.jpg (70KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
50981front-8983.jpg
70KB, 640x442px
talking about ogre

should I play march of the black queen on ps1? I dont like the 3d battle background but maybe there are better changes made for it
>>
>>3775404
>should I play march of the black queen on ps1?

No.

Ogre Battle is best played on emulator with speed up.

PS1 loading times are truly terrible.
>>
First play through

Psp or snes or ps1?
>>
>>3775672

but the game already has a speed up option, right?
>>
>>3775729
haven't played it yet, but afaik ps1 is the improved version of snes while psp is a very different game.
>>
File: ogrebattle-psx-compare3.png (34KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ogrebattle-psx-compare3.png
34KB, 320x240px
>>3775404
The PSX translation is better and if you're planning to play the other games in the saga it feels consistent. The SNES one has silly/puzzling terms like "Rodisti" that will make no sense in the larger context of the series.

That being said, the PSX script has this really fucking overdone all caps font that at least I think is annoying to read and looks really stupid.

I think you can also suspend and save during battles on PSX, and that's the only improvement outside of the minor graphical effects.

Personally I think going with the SNES is the best way to go. I mean, being completely honest, the story of the original game is mostly dumb and only becomes interesting in Ogre Battle 64. Just bear in mind that Rodisti = Lodis if you ever stumble on one of the three mentions they get.

Same thing with Tactics Ogre, by the way. There's no reason to play it on the PSX, SNES is better.

Also fuck the PSP remake, not because it's "not retro", but because it's way too slow and annoying, and since we're talking about a SRPG, THE most slow and annoying genre there is, that's really saying something.
>>
>>3774609
>what do i need to unlearn to do well?
Use a lot of Archers.

You don't need to unlearn using a lot of Ninjas.
>>
>>3776375

what did they do for the PSP release? did the alter level caps or something?
>>
>>3774609

>what do i need to unlearn to do well?

The worst physical class in Final Fantasy Tactics is easily one of the best in Tactics Ogre.
>>
>>3777960
>he worst physical class in Final Fantasy Tactics is easily one of the best in Tactics Ogre.

Who cares? Give everyone bows except for the healer and the people using the OP summon spells.
>>
>>3778116

I think he is talking about archers
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.