[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How were we supposed to find super secret tidbits like this in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: meyna_6.jpg (21KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
meyna_6.jpg
21KB, 256x224px
How were we supposed to find super secret tidbits like this in old video games? Falcom is notorious for this shit. In Legacy of the Wizard, Meyna has no clear path or guidance other than the song change. The only way to progress is to find the secret block that we have zero knowledge about. Other shit includes turning that one inn into a shop to buy the shield.

Sorcerian's the same, trying to find herbs in random locations. Its Legacy of the Wizard that bugs me the most... I know they do similar shit to sell guides and prolong the game, but this makes it nearly impossible. Why would they do such a thing?
>>
You were expected to discuss it on the playground. This was before social media and people actually talked to each other.
>>
>>3773837
>Went to a school where everyone was either involved with sports or music with zero interests with anything to do with games

Well that sorta makes sense I guess. Though my youth was more on the SNES/Genesis side of things where it was less about puzzles and more about action, like that fucking X Men Clone Wars game.
>>
>>3773837
But how were any one of this kids on the playground find out? Where did the chain begin?
>>
>>3773829
>How were we supposed to find super secret tidbits like this in old video games?

Nintendo Power
>>
>>3773854
Probably by deduction and variance. Maybe someone spent more time exploring and took notice of hidden blocks better while the one on Meyna's path was focused just on fighting bosses.

But biggest issue is that what really were the chances that two people would even play such an obscure game like this? NES was flooded with games and nothing makes this game stand out other than the title.
>>
>>3773867
I just found the only Nintendo Power issue that talks about this game and its just an introduction to the characters and story. Simple 2 page spread.
>>
>>3773854
Someone figures it out and it passes by word of mouth, like how you used to learn all the special moves in Street Fighter II because they certainly weren't listed on the arcade cabinet.

Also you bought magazines and read the hints/tips/cheats section.
>>
>>3773884

it was also covered pretty extensively in Counselor's Corner in multiple issues
>>
>>3773854
the kid whose uncle worked for nintendo, of course
>>
The Tower of Druaga is worse, hidden shit in every level and you needed to find specific items in order to actually beat the game, not counting that each level is also timed. I think arcades actually had notebooks next to them for this fucking game.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.