[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the best way (in terms of retro consoles) to get SCART

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170201-144327.jpg (841KB, 1440x1368px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170201-144327.jpg
841KB, 1440x1368px
Whats the best way (in terms of retro consoles) to get SCART converted to HDMI? I really don't want to spend ~400 BurgerBux on a framemeister or an xrgb-3. What are you guys using?
>>
>>3773651
A CRT
>>
Check out "OSSC". Best thing so ar for this, and it can range from affordable to cheap, depending on your skillset.
>>
>>3773654
I would, but i want to record in 1080p.
>>
>>3773672
If it's just for capture get a Startech capture device. Many of them can be flashed with firmware from their micomsoft equivalent. My USB3HDCAP can do RGBS with no issue.
>>
Get a CRT TV! You can find them on the cheap on craigslist.
>>
>>3773671
No S-Video support.
>>
>>3773671
OP here, this is probably what i'll do seeing as its almost 2x cheaper than framemeister and will probably save me way more time than just buying one of the cheap chinese scalers.
>>
>>3773672
>>I would, but i want to record in 1080p.
Then use an emulator.
>>
>>3773739
But anon, thats illegal.
>>
>>3773672
This recording meme needs to die
>>
>>3773651

CRT because I'm not paying hundreds for something that still has fucking lag.
>>
>>3773651
>oh this thread again
>when will the babies learn?
>>
Any good s-video scalers that are cheaper than the Framemeister?
>>
OP, that's not a scart, that's jp21 you will fry it by connecting scart.
>>
>>3774486
Op here, i know. I did my research.
>>
>>3774463
Not really. You can stalk eBay for older high-end video scalers, but you're going to be paying nearly as much as a Framemeister to get a good one. A GBS-82xx is cheaper, but they're also shit unless you chain it with other equipment, and by then you're paying as much as a Framemeister anyway.

Prior to the OSSC, the Framemeister *was* the cheap alternative to pro scalers.
>>
>>3773651
Use an emulator you fool.
>>
>>3774616
I, too, love having several frames of input lag.
>>
>>3774552
I just missed out on a DVDO VP50 for £50 this morning.

Fuck! Those things are awesome.
>>
File: Full_retard.jpg (527KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Full_retard.jpg
527KB, 2592x1944px
>>3773651
There are a lot of scalers. Currently the OSSC is the best price to performance, but I haven't messed with the OSSC much. I only got it to output 480P and off-spec 720P (which is only accepted by a CRT computer monitor and nothing else in my home). I have not updated the firmware, and I know there is a newer release with a digital sound board addon available now, so I am not an expert on the subject. However, I do love the OSSC's 480P output.

>>3773672
I would recommend emulation if you want to capture 1080P footage.

>>3773694
I think OP only asked about SCART. The XRGB2 (and 2+), XRGB3, and Framemeister accepts S-video though.
>>
>>3773805
>implying that's holding back piracy or people using emulation

It's your own life and your own money you're wasting anon. Not ours. So all in all, feel free to go through more obstacles than necessary to record (or stream) or stream your retro games in true HD.
>>
>>3774638
>several frames

Falseflagging shitposter, please. You're making it too obvious.
>>
>>3774961
Keep telling yourself that emulatorbabby
>>
>>3774951
OSSC offers deinterlacing 480i then upscaling to 480p right?
>>
>>3774968 (YOU) (YOU)

Oh wow. You totally got me, man. There's no way I can refute such a great argument.
Are you going to contribute something to this thread or does it suffice to you to just keep shitposting?

By the way, I own original consoles and a CRT and use them just as much as emulators, I know what I'm talking about. Now tell me, dear shitposter, how does it feel to rely on (YOU)s when you could as well just try to something worthwhile?
>>
>>3775009 (u)
what are you even doing? how does it feel to be triggered by obvious trolling?
>>
>>3775009
Since you have all those setups run some side by side tests and post the videos to show how much lag there actually is. You might surprise yourself.
>>
>>3775001
Yes.

480i input becomes 480p output, perfect to feed into a further upscaler.
>>
>>3773672
I did some saturn captures through my framemeister recently, ran it through my elgato capture device.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsqLXQnWA7fHGOdL6iBzPY6RwwVKJqbsJ

I know the xrg is pricey, but it's really fucking fantastic for capture.
>>
File: 1480210595802_1.jpg (25KB, 312x313px) Image search: [Google]
1480210595802_1.jpg
25KB, 312x313px
>>3775175
What's with the jailbars and jerky scrolling?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.