[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Choosing the silly, lighthearted, and generally out of place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: FF8band.jpg (635KB, 1442x1009px) Image search: [Google]
FF8band.jpg
635KB, 1442x1009px
Choosing the silly, lighthearted, and generally out of place riverdance tune results in Squall and Riona having a beneficial conversation that leads to a mutual understanding. It may also be the only genuinely subtle and believable advancement of their "relationship" in the entire game.

Choosing the romantic slowdance song which is an instrumentation of the game's lauded love theme results in Squall throwing an emo bitchfit and essentially telling Riona to piss off.

What did they mean by this?
>>
They meant that this is a sloppy, poorly thought-out mess of a "game".
>>
>>3772905
>It may also be the only genuinely subtle and believable advancement of their "relationship" in the entire game.

No, it's not.

In Disc2 after the prison, if you take Rinoa with Squall at the Garden, they'll have PLENTY of times together. All of which only happens if you choose to let her come with Squall and even then it's still optional, but it's there.

But even before that there the dance scene, the time in Timber, and afterwards there is their moment together during the fight between the two Gardens; then her coma and their reunion in space, then rescuing her and their reunion near the orphanage.

The whole point of the game is 'fate'. It's in the name of the game's theme, and it's a goddamn story about time travel and being brought by fate to re-do the things that brought you here to begin with. There is also the entire "every sorceress has a knight" thing, and the way Squall changes when Rinoa becomes a sorceress, in other words fate making him her knight.
The knight/sorceress thing, heavily linked to fate bringing both characters together, is NOT supposed to be a "believeable in real world love story", it's supposed to be a fairy tale.

But even then as far as "believeable in real world" stuff goes, in case you think a fairy tale with sorceresses and knights and fate involved needs that, there is still plenty in what I listed, mainly if you bring her with you in the Garden in Disc2.
>>
>>3772919
See, none of those other moments you listed there make for a believable relationship because it's just Riona throwing herself at Squall until she wears him down and he relents. Indeed, that's an ideal situation to virginal otaku, but a believable relationship it does not make. And this is vitally important because this game was advertised on the fact it was supposedly a grand & epic love-in-war story.
>>
>>3772921
>person A throws (his/her)self at someone until the other relents

How's that not believeable? I've seen that in highschool. I'm sure we all have. With the friends of the relunctant person pushing them together, too.

Except that in the case of Squall we even get an explanation for it, that it's not that he didn't like her, but that he was afraid to commit in fear of losing again. Something he overcomes when he changes his mind.

But again - I disagree on your need to push "IRL rules" into a fairytale where sorceresses, knights, Fate and time travel are key elements. But even then your rules of "believable love story" are very restrictive.
>>
>>3772905
Neither of them are really the romantic types
>>
>>3772913
Ooh nice scare quotes, faggot. Want a job at Feminist Frequency? You'll fit right in! #triggerwarningrape
>>
>>3772949
I just wish there was some way I can get my hands on you, that's all I can tell you
>>
>>3772921
If Squall was some loser otaku that would be unbelievable yes, but he isn't.
>>
>>3772905
What exactly was the best combo? I seemed to always have Irvine tap dancing but I wanted him on the drums or something.
>>
>>3773172
Guitar, Violin, Tap, Flute.
>>
>>3772938
>How's that not believeable?
No, even in high school, people - ESPECIALLY WOMEN - just don't do that unless they actually have aspergers or some other mental illness.
>>
Squall's massive lion cock would trash all those bitches, especially Selphie. She wants the dick. Even Zell's mike tyson tattooed dick would do.
>>
>>3773949
But Zell is homogay.
>>
>>3775074
>Zell is gay

So when Zell was choking on "hotdogs" it was actually a subtle metaphor?
>>
>>3772938
Because in real life, it's human nature to push back, therefore, logically, even in high school, if someone is constantly pushed to do something they don't actually WANT to do, they're gonna push back. Thus, drama.

Not to mention, a lot of those "slapped together" romances almost always fail, judging by personal experience.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.