[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /vr/, I need your advice on something. I loved Gauntleg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: title.jpg (17KB, 462x175px) Image search: [Google]
title.jpg
17KB, 462x175px
Hello /vr/, I need your advice on something.

I loved Gauntleg back in time. I've had very fond memories and great fun with it. We'd go to arcade and shoot it up for 2-3 players, load our characters and have fun for hours. I miss those days.

I also played it at home on my own, the experience was more exclusive for me.

I'd get a nice cup of coffee and start up my n64, get comfy as hell and play it for hours again. It was pretty neat the way announcer welcomes you, the sharp cripply audio and amazing ingame atmosphere. I just miss those days but now I just don't want to rewrite my memories by playing it again.

I've tried the new Gauntlet and it just feels dull. Just can't get into it.

So I need you to recommend me some games which are about as same comfiness level as Gauntleg. I need games which would revive that warmth feeling I had with this game. Also preferably in same genre.
>>
>>3770357
did you play dark legacy?
>>
>>3770357
I'll proabably get flamed for this but if you want the couch co-op experience with the simple hack 'n slash and shooter combo I'm going to recommend Diablo 3 on console.
>>
>>3770397
yes, I guess almost half of it.

>>3770404
alright but, isn't D3 forced online? I don't want it. I loved diablo I and II though. It doesn't matter for me if the game is new or old but, not that one.
>>
>>3770357
Torchlight 1 and 2 and Titan's Quest can give a somewhat ok experience.
>>
I'm off to home and to sleep in about 20 minutes. don't get it wrong if I can't post anymore.
>>
>>3770409
I know the pc version is forced online, but I can't recall if the Xbox 360 and PS3 version is not.
Reason why I pick the console version over the former is because of the couch co-op.
>>3770413
/vr/ is a pretty slow board, we'll be here for awhile.
>>
File: 1478677447196.gif (363KB, 334x593px) Image search: [Google]
1478677447196.gif
363KB, 334x593px
Gauntltet Dark Legacy on Dolphin Netplay
>>
>>3770418
the 360 and ps3 (and ps4 and xbo) versions are 100% offline at your leisure. PC gaming is a mistake.
>>
File: 1469759232005.png (23KB, 406x849px) Image search: [Google]
1469759232005.png
23KB, 406x849px
Hey this is OP I'm back
>>3770624
As a last resort, yes. but I'm looking for different some games which could give me same experience.
>>3770632
After all these years it's been out there and I'm jsut learning that from you. But unfortunately I dont have those systems. Had ps3 and sold it.

>>3770410
Finished Titan's quest already some time ago. kind of griefing and slight repetitive gamepaly process kept me a forced playing. Like it though.
Noted Torchlight. looks good.

Look just remembered today that I've had similar joy with Legacy of Kain back in time. First game. Second game was exaggerated and couldn't hold my attention.
>>
>>3770357
I have the PS1 version, it's not as bad as people think but I wish it was 4 player.
>>
File: 1485387691760.gif (2MB, 695x392px) Image search: [Google]
1485387691760.gif
2MB, 695x392px
>>3770357
i've heard alien breed is good, but never played it.
zax is really good, but for a reason i can't explain, i got bored with it about 10 hours in.
i've recently been playing d2 with the perfect drop mod (which increases the chances of getting uniques and runes), so making high-end runewords is actually realistic in singleplayer; it's a lot of fun.

not retro, but Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes and Hunter: The Reckoning are both incredibly good games with similar mechanics (only on xbox, though)

other than that, i would just look at the wikipedia full list of hack n slash and beat em up games, and check out whichever seem cool
>>
File: snes_soldiers_of_fortune_2.gif (36KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
snes_soldiers_of_fortune_2.gif
36KB, 300x260px
>>3770357
>>3771936
you might also like Soldiers of Fortune
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.