[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started Lunar 2. What are peoples opions on it. I completed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

Just started Lunar 2. What are peoples opions on it. I completed the first one years a go and only just go round to starting it.
>>
File: 29-snatch.gif (185KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
29-snatch.gif
185KB, 640x448px
>>3769187
I like it much better than the first one, and I like the first one a fair bit. If you have it available I highly recommend the Sega CD version over the remake for various reasons, but they're both worth playing.
>>
>>3769203
Sadly only got a copy of the ps1 version. Shame it did not get a remake like 1 did. Psp version was good for 1 in my opinion.
>>
>>3769205
It's still a good game, but there are odd things they chose to change. Like that screen which is part of this illusion forest in the old version complete with vanishing passages in trees got re-done as just some bushes that disappear for you. Very odd, there was a bunch of stuff like that.

Also WD didn't bother re-recording most of the dialogue even though the cut scenes were re-done so there are times it doesn't match up.
>>
>>3769236
Dungeons are a lot shorter as well. Because of this there's a need to grind on the regular.
>>
>>3769264
If you defeat every enemy you encounter once as you encounter it, backtracking only when the plot requires it, you will get the last learnable spell a few screens before final boss in main game. You don't really need to grind at all unless you are skipping enemies.
>>
>>3769187
Originally bought this by mistake thinking it was Silver Star Story.

It was okay. Loved how Lucia looks like Misato Katsuragi. I got to the last boss at level 40 and he kicked my ass. Grind to level 50 then it was a cake walk.
>>
I thought the characters were better in The Silver Star Story, especially the main cast. Ghaleon got even better in Eternel Blue, though. He's a well done character overall. I do remember Eternal Blue had more of an end game to it, though. Some extra dungeons at the end or something, it has been a long time.

I am bias because TSSS is one of my all time favorite RPGs and is so damn comfy.
>>
File: fmv1306-19.jpg (19KB, 592x400px) Image search: [Google]
fmv1306-19.jpg
19KB, 592x400px
It's one of my favorite RPGs of all time. Im actually playing the SCD version for the first time as we speak

Ronfar is my nig. I cosplayed him once years ago.
>>
>>3770390
I cosplayed him when I was a teenager.

This game is pretty great. Battles aren't 'press A to win', encounter rate is modest, the characters and story are fantastic (if you like anime tropes,) and dungeons are short and simple, which turns the dialog and problem solving into the meat of the game instead of the combat.

It only really suffers from how ridiculously short it is. The pacing never feels rushed for time, but it ends too quickly. Another 5-10 hours of endgame stuff to do would have been fun.
>>
beware the PoNRs

of course you won't know until it's too late. otherwise it's a great game.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.