[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did they get away with it and managed to sneak this in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: terranigma.png (17KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
terranigma.png
17KB, 256x223px
How did they get away with it and managed to sneak this in?

Video games that somehow got past censorship thread.
>>
Are you retarded?
>>
OP is literally 14 years old.
>>
>>3767989
This is just bad translation.
>>
Multiple meanings, not alluding to what you think it means.
>>
>>3767989
"Arouse" also means to "Awaken"
>>
>>3768083
>>3768117
Even so, though, I think we could regard it as a poor translation choice, since the usage of "arouse" to mean "awaken" is literary at best and archaic at worst, and incongruous in tone with "no idea", which is more informal-sounding.
>>
>>3768208
The translators certainly had a better grasp on the English language than you do.
>>
>>3768208
Are you one of those people that get violent when someone uses the word "fortnight"?
>>
>>3768117

awaken can also be used to mean "be made aware of sexual intercourse"
>>
>that guy that gets cucked by a negro who speaks in grunts
Terranigma can be weird. I also like how the east Asian civilizations are completely modern cities while the rest of the world is still trying to invent electricity and hamburgers.
>>
This game came out before everyone constantly read everything pervertedly
>>
File: loony.jpg (95KB, 345x535px) Image search: [Google]
loony.jpg
95KB, 345x535px
>>3767989
>proper English
>past censorship
>>
>>3768216
No. But I think that the usage of "arouse" here is a. sub-optimal because the word has another meaning that one cannot help but be reminded of, even if it's quite clear that it's not the intended meaning and b. incongruous in tone with "no idea", which sounds more informal.
>>
File: IMAG0259.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0259.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>3767989
They can't keep getting away with it
>>
>>3768364
In replays I tend to do things like not spread fast food to the whole world or let australians kidnap all the animals for their zoo

like does everything really need to reach the highest level of economic/cultural development to have the highest quality of life?

some hardcore buddhist cautionary ideologies right there
>>
>>3769771
But it doesn't matter. Dark Gaia will destroy the world and rebuild it soon enough. At least you stopped Doctor Beruga (or whatever his name was), that was the corruption in the cycle. Unless of course that was ordained...
>>
File: Fagganigma (E) [!]000.png (9KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Fagganigma (E) [!]000.png
9KB, 256x224px
>>3767989
And this? They had some hidden fagenda.
>>
>>3769696
No, it fits. I tend to see seniors use the word compared to people much younger. It gives gives a sense of how much older that character is just by word usage alone.
>>
>>3767989
The game was banned in America and only got an English release in Europe, who has less strict regulations about this sort of thing. That's the only reason it was allowed.
>>
>>3771716
You know... In Europe we have a bit more open minds with sexual stuff.
>>
>>3768117
So why didn't they just say "thank you for waking me"? It's less characters and a clearer meaning. No, they knew what they were doing here.
>>
>>3771749
Lack of sense of humour, and libtard...ewww.
>>
>>3771736
>banned in America
>Some publishers not touching it is a "ban"
>What is the first amendment
Fucking yanks.
>>
>>3771753

because the game was translated by people who "no talk english good"
>>
>>3768383
this arouses me
>>
>>3771736
>>3771782

You kids look way too much into it. The only reason Enix didn't publish it in America is because the American branch went bankrupt before the game was released. Same reason why the last Dragon Quest for the Super Famicom didn't get a western release back in the 90s. You would have known that if you just looked it up or watched some videos about it ...
>>
>>3771734
Then "no idea" is a poor choice of wordsー as I said, it's informal-sounding and doesn't match up with the more old-fashioned, literary "arouse".
>>
>>3769724
i remember naming my favorite food vagina in earthbound and me and my friend lost it when his mom gave him some
>>
>>3771823
Doesn't help that a lot of translators were special snowflakes that wanted to put their own spin on their work, and that many times they're just given the text with no visuals.
>>
>>3768013
>>3768072
>taking the most obvious bait ever

That are those posts were such post-ironic bait that I took them
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.