[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Nintendo really invent all the things that Reggie says t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: reggie.jpg (76KB, 1148x764px) Image search: [Google]
reggie.jpg
76KB, 1148x764px
Did Nintendo really invent all the things that Reggie says they did in the vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTL41TPiAY
>>
Claiming that Nintendo invented saving or made it mainstream is ridiculous.
Every damn computer game had saving because floppies allowed it.

A lot of hardware innovation was done in arcades for obvious reasons.
>>
wtf i hate nintendo now
>>
>>3767586
They did invent saving on a cartridge system with the battery internal to the cartridge. The FDS used a type of floppy that it could save with though
>>
File: Nintendo innovations myth.jpg (402KB, 1677x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo innovations myth.jpg
402KB, 1677x1200px
>>3767528
>>
>>3768714
Who claimed that Nintendo invented dual analog sticks?
>>
>>3767528
Fucking hell that guy has a terrible voice.
>>
That was painful to watch, only got half way into it. I wish I could get those minutes of my life back.

Not /vr/, btw.
>>
>>3767528
>GAYME THEORY
What a fag.
>>
>>3768727
There's a dual analog mode in Goldeneye and Star Wars Pod Racer. It requires you to use two controllers at the same time.
>>
Reggie is a charismatic nigga. Totally different from that other faggot.
>>
>invented or made mainstream by Nintendo
Most of the things listed weren't invented by Nintendo, and the rest were refined by other companies before being truly accepted by the mainstream.
There's a reason the Pro Controller that's favoured over Wiimotes, Nunchuks, and the Tablet, apes the Dualshock/Xbox design closer than any previous Nintendo gamepad.

>>3768804
That'd be Rare and Lucasarts, not Nintendo, and the Dual Analog controller predates both titles anyway.
>>
>>3768808
>That'd be Rare and Lucasarts, not Nintendo, and the Dual Analog controller predates both titles anyway.
True, Robotron did it first.
Technically the Virtual Boy had dual d-pads.
>>
>>3768808
>the Dual Analog controller
...you mean the one that was invented as a cheaper substitute of dual flight sticks?
>>
>>3768714
>implying the N64 analog stick is the same as the Radofin 1292 APVS analog stick

One is an arcade stick that you're supposed to use your entire hand for, the other is the analog stick that you control with your thumb and fits on controllers used by every game console today. No other 5th gen console manufacturer was smart enough to realize the value of analog controls with 3D games before Nintendo did it.

>First-party wireless controller: Atari CX-42
The Wavebird controller was the first wireless controller that was worth a damn. The older ones worked much like a TV remote, meaning you had to keep the air between your controller and the receiver completely clear. If your cat walks in between it, tough shit. The Wavebird didn't have that issue.

Also, I should mention that no one's claiming Nintendo was the first with more than half of these. Who the hell claims dual analog sticks were first done by the GameCube?
>>
>>3768714
All of the things here are either untrue claims that were added to the list as padding or were done by the original so obscurely or poorly that it doesn't even matter that they did them. If you can make an invention but can't use it to innovate your market, then you made a prototype. You didn't change anything.
>>
File: etc_joy_pair.jpg (10KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
etc_joy_pair.jpg
10KB, 320x240px
>>3768714
>PC Engine
>First multitap
To be fair, the HAL Joypair predated the PC Engine and functioned as a multitap, even though the first game to use it as such (Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball Bu) wasn't released until '88.
>>
>>3768714
>people still fall for this bait

Come on /vr/.
>>
>>3767586
Didn't watch the video, but if he's claiming Nintendo invented saving then he needs to shoot himself.

>>3768709
Technology that Nintendo didn't invent and way predates the NES, even for gaming usage.

Nintendo also didn't even have anything to do with the 3rd party cartridges and PCB anyways, all they did was license the games.
>>
>>3769441
He's talking about BATTERY saves, not general saving you dumb fuck.
>>
>>3769445
What relevance did battery saves ever have?
He says saves and they show an image of Zelda no Densetsu which was a FDS game.
>>
File: hydlide2.jpg (736KB, 1600x1057px) Image search: [Google]
hydlide2.jpg
736KB, 1600x1057px
>>3769445
Hydlide II on MSX had batter backup and that predated the NES release of Zelda by a year.
>>
>>3769484
Oh that's cool.
>>
I can't tell if Reggie is full of shit, or this is what Nintendo fans unironically believe.
>>
>>3769484
Wikipedia says the first Famicom game with battery save was Morita Shougi, published by Seta in April 87.
>>
>>3771665
When I was a kid I believed Zelda was the first game that allowed saves because I'd read it somewhere. I kept that belief until probably a few years ago when I actually started learning about the history of pc gaming.

Most people aren't going to research that kind of stuff though. So yeah, there's probably a lot of Nintendo fans who still believe this unironically.

I'm curious though, was Zelda the first console game in the west where you could save anything more than a hi score? Of course being the first to do something on a console in the west is really arbitrary, but I'm curious all the same.
>>
>>3771707
Which Hydlide II on MSX also predated.
>>
>>3767528
That DeadLock shit is so cringey.
>>
>le Nintendo saved the gaming industry meme
Stopped watching right there. That was only bad for console manufacturers. People moved to computers.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.