[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it a good idea to store video game boxes in a closet? my shelf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: n64snes_4.jpg (335KB, 800x446px) Image search: [Google]
n64snes_4.jpg
335KB, 800x446px
is it a good idea to store video game boxes in a closet?
my shelf is getting too small and I freed up a closet. But I'm wondering if carton boxes get too dusty or decompose faster in there
>>
>>3765491
they would probably be better in the closet if it isn't damp mess. I would triple check for mold if you have cardboard boxes though. If you don't play them often, I would recommend putting them into a rubbermaid bin so if you have a flood or something your games aren't as ruined.
>>
>>3765491

Why would they decompose faster in a closet? Is the closet underwater?
And how should MORE dust than in the open space where dust enters come into a relatively closed off space?
The reason why things are always so typically dusty in closets is that they are put in there, the closet is closed, they are out of view- and therefore forgotten for months or yearsuntil the closet is opened pretty much in another context again, and then- OH These things! Look at how DUSTY they are!

Just don't forget that you put them in there and they are better in there than in the open.
>>
>>3765491
Get those big plastic tubs and store them in there. I have all my games in tubs right now because I'm renovating my game room.
>>
>>3765510
>>3765514
ok, the closet is as dry as it can be so it shouldn't be a problem. can't really fit a tub in there though

>>3765513
I ruined a lot of my lego boxes by mistreating them as a kid so I guess I got a bit paranoid
>>
File: IMG_2167.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2167.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
Your closet is the ideal place. If it's as dry as you say it is, it also has the benefit of being dark, so there's no light to fade the printed ink. Pic related is the corner of my closet. I've got game boxes hidden in that Swiffer box, the green milk crate, and the box atop it.
>>
I have all my games in a closet only for them in my room, I hope it is a good place.
>>
>>3765647

The closet represents your room. If you put stuff in that abandoned closet in the cellar you don't have to wonder that it rots, if you have smething damp in a closet the closed off space will have high humidity and become mold city.
But if the closet is dry and clean in your room it will have the same humidity as your room but keep it dark and less dusty.
For example if you put boxes in a closet and they are still a bit damp in the closet there will be a more humid atmosphere, so make sure things are dry first when putting them in.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.