[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fight 3 > Streets of Rage 2 > Final Fight (Arcade)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: final fight 3.jpg (152KB, 2100x1534px) Image search: [Google]
final fight 3.jpg
152KB, 2100x1534px
Final Fight 3 > Streets of Rage 2 > Final Fight (Arcade) > Streets of Rage 3 > Final Fight 2 > Streets of Rage 1 > Final Fight 1 (SNES)

Agreed? Agreed
>>
Final Fight (Arcade) > the miserable rest
>>
File: 057.png (879KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
057.png
879KB, 800x800px
>No Final Fight Sega CD
>>
>3 enemies on screen limit
LOL, no
>>
>>3764927
For single player?

Final Fight (Arcade) > Final Fight 3 > Streets of Rage 2 > Final Fight 2 > Streets of Rage 1 > Streets of Rage 3 > Final Fight 1 (SNES)

For multiplayer?

Final Fight (Arcade) > Streets of Rage 2 > Final Fight 2 > Streets of Rage 1 > Streets of Rage 3 > Final Fight 3 > Final Fight 1 (SNES)
>>
>>3764946
/thread
>>
Final Fight arcade + SoR2/3 are the only games to care about, the others are shit
>>
I'll always have a soft spot for the SNES port of Final Fight. Reminds me of fun times with my older brother.

Also, love how the SNES OST sounds.
>>
Any console version of the Final Fight series is utter garbage compared to SoR 2 or 3. Only nintenbabbies would think otherwise.
>>
>Floaty Fight 3 better than anything

There must be a limit to shit taste
>>
>Final Fight 3 better than the arcade version of Final Fight.

wew
>>
>>3765019
your right what annoys me the most instead of porting the arcade final to the wii console, which would have been a easy as i have emulate cps1 on the wii before, Nintendo cheaped out and dumped the snes version same with street fighter 2
>>
File: snes_batman_returns.jpg (472KB, 1141x800px) Image search: [Google]
snes_batman_returns.jpg
472KB, 1141x800px
>the best
A god like single player experience
>>
>>3765103
fucking love this game, the meaty sounds as you smash a clown in to a shop window, the clang of a guard rail as you slam a clown into it. and i havent seen a game yet that lets you slam heads together
>>
Final Fight 2 is best because it had Maki.
>>
>>3764927
Streets of Rage > Final Fight 3 = Final Fight (arcade) = Streets of Rage 3 > Final Fight 2 = Streets of Rage 2
>>
Move Streets of Rage 2 to the top.
>>
>>3765416
Her voice in capcom vs snk is sex
>>
The Peace Keepers > Combatribes > Your List
>>
>>3764956
Am I the only one who prefers Final Fight 1 SNES over SOR1 in single-player? I can't stand the Golden Axe-style sprites and combat system of SOR1. SOR1 only has 2P co-op and an awesome soundtrack going for it.
>>
>>3764927
Final Fight 3 is mediocre garbage.
>>
>>3765561
They are both meh, but at least SoR1 had the decency to put many enemies on screen AND co-op
>>
>>3765103
THIS

Holy shit was this a good purchase. Kmart had a section with SNES games that were $15 or less (this was probably in 1993 or 1994). I picked up some awesome games like the pretty good World Heroes 2 port, NHL 94, and also some crap games like BALLZ.

SNES Batman Returns was there for cheap and I bought it and played the absolute shit out of it. It was SUCH a great game. An amazing beat-em-up and also just fun as hell. You could block, had a dozen different attacks, the test-tube screen clearing thing was awesome, etc.
>>
>>3765103

I just beat this like last week and it honestly is great. Really great production values
>>
>>3764927
>SNES beat em up
>Intense 3 enemy limit action
Fucking epic, why play SoR2 with like 7 enemies when SNES is so gud
SNES did many things well but any genre requiring heavy loads of sprites and fast processing got butchered hard
>>
>>3764927
Streets of Rage 3 > Final Fight Arcade > Final Fight 3 > Streets of Rage 1 > Streets of Rage 2 > Final Fight 2 > Final Fight SNES
>>
>>3765950
I never liked how all the characters in SOR1 play the same way or the fact that you can beat most of enemies with a "punch and pause" exploit that resets your combo until the enemy's HP runs out. At least Final Fight's "punch-punch-away" exploit requires a bit more timing to pull off.
>>
>>3764935
This
>>
1. Final Fight (CPS)
2. Streets of Rage 3
3. Streets of Rage 2
4. Final Fight 3
5. Final Fight Guy
6. Final Fight (SNES)
7. Streets of Rage 1
8. Final Fight CD
9. Final Fight 2

First of all, the CPS version of Final Fight is a bonafide classic and outranks any console beat-'em-up. With that said SOR2 and SOR3 are good enough to stand to toe to toe with any arcade beat-'em-up. Final Fight 3 is pretty good for an SNES beat-'em-up and I think the SNES port of the first game has an undeserved bad reputation. The Guy version of the first SNES game is much better though, since it has more difficulty options, even though I prefer Cody over Guy. SOR1 is kinda overrated, but OST is nice. Final Fight 2 is a slog and I don't know whether any of you guys who ranked it higher than the first game has played it lately.
>>
>>3768237
Oh yeah, the reason why Final Fight CD is ranked so low was because they fucked the attack speed of the characters in that version. Made the game unplayable for me.
>>
>>3768242
Even with the slower combo speed it's still better than any SNES Final Fight, oh and FF1 SNES is way more fucked up in terms of gameplay accuracy.
>>
>>3765103
Recently finished this game on Mania and I would agree. I wish all console beat 'em ups controlled this well. And Batman is a straight up Jim Lee-looking skull-smashing motherfucker. Perfect game length, perfect difficulty, great movepool, and varied gameplay. Konami was really at the top of their beat 'em up game.
>>
>>3768301
They're not 100% accurate (since they're more like reworkings than ports), but at least the SNES FF1 and Guy can be one lifed on the hardest setting. CD is impossible, even on Easy, due to how they mess up the balance.

Even most Japanese gamers don't consider Final Fight CD to be all that hot.
https://www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/pages/2298.html
http://legendius.web.fc2.com/bestgame/finalfight/md_finalfight.html
>>
>>3764956
>For single player?
>Final Fight 3 > Streets of Rage 2

This is the only debatable part. The rest is accurate.
>>
File: brawlbrothers.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
brawlbrothers.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>3769084
>CD is impossible, even on Easy
False.

>due to how they mess up the balance.
If anything the balance of the SNES port is more fucked up since they added extra i-frames for enemies/bosses, they also do more damage and the AI is pretty inaccurate to the arcade. CD's only fuck up was the combo speed, which is still not that bad considering it balances with the 4 enemies limitation.

>Even most Japanese gamers don't consider Final Fight CD to be all that hot.
Who cares, most chinks didn't even have a MD. It's flawed but nowhere near as much as the SNES port.
>>
>all these lists
>nobody explaining why

beltscrollerfags, not even once
>>
>>3770098
Final Fight arcade is a classic that set the gold standard for the genre at the time

SNES Final Fight are cookie cutter versions of the arcade with 3 enemies on screen, pussified difficulty and crapload of slowdowns.

SoR2 and SoR3 are solid titles with gameplay similarly good to arcade games from the time
SoR1 isn't a good simple the gameplay mechanics aren't as polished as 2/3

fin
>>
>>3770242
meant for >>3770226
>>
>>3770242
I agree with this guy. Rep to Final Fight for setting the standard, but Streets of rage games are better than any home versions of Final Fight. Plus factor in the co-op moves in SoR2 and 3, I think they are more fun than Final Fight arcade any day. Honorable mention to Double Dragon for starting the beat em up genre.
>>
>>3770282
>Plus factor in the co-op moves in SoR2 and 3,
There aren't co-op moves in SoR2
>>
>>3770321
I think you are playing it wrong bro. You can pinball an enemy by alternating punches and the damage stacks. You can start a punch combo and have your friend drop a knee and do like a 15 hit glitch combo. You can grab axel from behind to interrupt his combo and restart it, making it infinite.There are all kinds of odd glitch damage stack attacks in part 2. They aren't meant to be in it but they are. It's why I loved it so much, maybe you didn't have any friends to co op with.
>>
>>3770321
Not to add the hilarious clipping through walls when tossed in a corner. Doing a move right before a screen transition and gliding across the screen in slow motion, or the max dash tackle blocking glitch that can beat bosses in one move with some luck.
>>
>>3770412
glitches aren't features nig, co-op moves were an actual thing in sor 1 and 3
>>
>>3769167
That's wrong though. SOR2 is superior in both.
>>
Final Fight arcade: 10/10

Final Fight snes: 6/10

Streets of Rage 1: 7/10

Streets of Rage 2: 9/10

Final Fight 2 snes: 7/10

Final Fight 3: 8/10

Streets of Rage 3: 8/10
>>
>>3770537
I'd give FF3 a 7/10 too but the rest is spot on 2bh
>>
>>3770098
>False.
There's at least one no-miss video of SNES Final Fight on Youtube with the game set on the hardest setting (granted the player was using turbo buttons).

I haven't seen a single no-miss video of Final Fight CD. I'm guessing calling Final Fight CD impossible on Easy is a hyperbole, but it's pretty hard to do a deathless run on that version.

>If anything the balance of the SNES port is more fucked up since they added extra i-frames for enemies/bosses, they also do more damage and the AI is pretty inaccurate to the arcade. CD's only fuck up was the combo speed, which is still not that bad considering it balances with the 4 enemies limitation.
You could say the same thing about the buffed up damage in the SNES version, since you're only fighting two or three enemies at a time in that version.

It's not just the slow attack speed that's problem on the Mega CD version. The input for the megacrush attack (jump+attack) isn't as responsive as on the arcade and there's no guaranteed that your character will perform a special attack instead of a regular.

Also, there's a weird bug with Haggar that allows Roxy or Poison to escape unharmed from his backdrops.

>Who cares, most chinks didn't even have a MD.
Yet the MD versions of Strider Hiryu and Daimakaimura are highly regarded among Japanese gamers.

>It's flawed but nowhere near as much as the SNES port.
They're both flawed. The only good port of Final Fight that's not emulated is the X68000 version and nobody outside Nippon owned that platform.
>>
>>3770646
So youtube videos are your proof that Final Fight CD is impossible to no miss? lol, recently I played one run and only died once to Abigail, gimme one week and I'll get the no miss.

>Yet the MD versions of Strider Hiryu and Daimakaimura are highly regarded among Japanese gamers.
Surprise surprise, the MD version of Strider also has slower attack speed, not to mention a crapload of slowdowns, loading times in the stages and much weaker robots than the arcade, but somehow is a much better port you say?

>You could say the same thing about the buffed up damage in the SNES version, since you're only fighting two or three enemies at a time in that version.
The problem is that the SNES version got so many stuff wrong beside the damage balance: the extra i-frames for bosses is a terrible change especially on Abigail, then you have wrong enemy placement, dubious hitboxes, unfaithful AI, hell you can't even wall-jump in all walls/objects like in the Arcade/Sega CD. It just feels like a rushed mess "inspired" in Final Fight and not a proper Final Fight port like the Sega CD/X68000 ones.

>and there's no guaranteed that your character will perform a special attack instead of a regular.
Just hold down punch + quickly tap jump, it's not that hard anon. You can assign megacrush to one button too.

>X68000
Yeah it's the best port and even that one is still flawed, to say the SNES port is better than the Sega CD one is still ridiculous though.
>>
>>3770537
Final Fight arcade: 10/10
Till this day, it's one of the best beat em up ever made. Top 5 greatest of all time, hands down.

Final Fight snes: 6/10
Very, very mediocre port. Even back when it came out it wasn't that special considering that Final Fight arcade was ubiquitous as fuck and could be found everywhere.

Streets of Rage 1: 7/10
Actually a really solid game with a lot of fun gimmicks. Awesome music too. However, the replayability is low because there's not much variation in the characters, although you could do something like an Adam jump-kicks-and-weapons-only run.

Streets of Rage 2: 9.5/10
Best 16-bit console beat em up ever made. Great music, graphics, presentation. Tons of enemy types. Tons of enemies on screen at once. Higher difficulty levels add a shitload of replayability and challenge. All four characters are completely unique and distinct from each other in moves and playing style. Max is still the best grappling character in a beat em up to date.

Final Fight 2 snes: 7/10
Quite solid actually, but oh so repetitive and boring. The gameplay is just very stale and has none of the challenge and excitement that Final Fight arcade has.

Final Fight 3: 7.5/10
Two players mode is crippled by slowdown. Pretty decent game, but a bit too easy even on the highest difficulty, and not enough enemies on screen.

Streets of Rage 3: 8/10
Once you get past the comparison to SOR2, it's a good game. SOR3 is cheap as hell and frustrating, but it's pretty rewarding gameplay-wise. BK3 on the other hand, is way too easy, even on the hardest difficulty. Therefore, both versions have balance problems, just in the opposite spectrum.
>>
>>3770489
If you can master them they are a feature, even if not meant to be. Getting good at them make you better. Plus SoR2 is the best one anyway.
>>
>>3771394
BK3/SOR3 is the same damn game. it just that the difficulty is normal on BK while SOR3 goes balls out.

Its like Contra hard corps on the japanese version vs the american version. the japanese version is far easier and fits the difficulty rather than the english version.
>>
>>3771740
>BK3/SOR3 is the same damn game. it just that the difficulty is normal on BK while SOR3 goes balls out.

No shit, King Nigger the Cambodian. I was obviously referring to them in that manner to point out the massive differences in difficulty level.
>>
File: cf3.gif (25KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
cf3.gif
25KB, 320x224px
Now how does the Crime Fighters trilogy compare to FF and SoR?
>>
>>3773605
>Crime Fighters trilogy
It's just two games. Violent Storm being Crime Fighters 3 was just a KLOV meme that other sites like Wikipedia and HG101 parroted.
>>
>>3773605
Vendetta is a wonderful classic.
>>
>>3771394
What about FF on Xbox? Capcom classics compilation
>>
>>3771394
Mighty Final Fight: 8.5/10
>>
>>3773749
The version of Final Fight in Capcom Classics Collection on PS2 and Xbox is just the CPS version emulated. It has less difficulty options than the actual board and some minor bugs, but otherwise it's the same game. There was also a PSP version if I'm not mistaken.
>>
File: Mighty Final Fight (Japan)_001.png (55KB, 602x240px) Image search: [Google]
Mighty Final Fight (Japan)_001.png
55KB, 602x240px
>>3773904
Word.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.