[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMX series is probably one of the weakest ever. X1 is the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: TM_WiiUVC_MegaManX[1].png (92KB, 438x370px) Image search: [Google]
TM_WiiUVC_MegaManX[1].png
92KB, 438x370px
MMX series is probably one of the weakest ever. X1 is the only solid game in the series. X2-3 aren't very good. X4 onwards they get worse and worse.

So does this mean that the MMX games are the most overated series ever?
>>
>>3764441

X2 is the best one M8.

I would rate them

2 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 8 > 7
>>
Do you realize yours are just personal opinions and shouldn't take them as absolute true facts?

There're lots of things I don't like but I think "Hey, there must be a reason this is overrated, isn't it?"

MMX is legit good by its own merits not without a few obvious bad games.
>>
>>3764445
I disagree, I consider X1 to be superior to X2. Please tell me why you think X2 is better. I concede Wheel Gator is probably the coolest Megaman enemy ever though.
>>
>>3764463

It expanded on all the stuff in X1 successfully.

>Added X-hunters, for optional bosses and extra content
>Weapons are more useful throughout the standard course of the game vs. one or two being overpowered in X1
>Armor upgrades are better, and useful throughout like the Helmet being the sensor vs. just a thing you use literally twice.

The only thing I dislike about X2 is that it's the easiest X game by a wide margin.
>>
>>3764521
X2 is also my favorite. I actually like that it's easier since I'm kind of shy at these games. I also think it's the one that feels the most 'sci fi' with its aesthetics, and I like that about it.
>>
To be fair classic Megaman isn't that much of a solid series, 1-2-3 are the best they get and then we only have a few memorable moments with other titles
>>
Megaman Zero series is the best
>>
I don't think I've ever seen someone praising the X series as a whole. It seems like the original X is the only one that people like unanimously the most.
>>
>>3764441
X2 is superior to X1 in every possible way.
>>
>>3765089
This.
MMZ made 0 mistakes.
>>
>>3764441
>>3764445
IMO

2 >= 1 > 3 > 4 > fuck the rest
>>
>>3765394
The anime text is pretty cringey. Some designs look too feminine, even though they are better than the awful X ones.
>>
>>3765394
MMZ 1 had terrible "weapon leveling by use" system, and penalized you for getting more sub-tanks.

MMZ 2 was perfect in every regard.

MMZ 3 did stupid shit with cyberspace that was never useful ever, aside from tracking an optional boss.

MMZ 4 did away with cyber-elves and their death removing one of the better mechanics from the game in favour of simple "chose an upgrade for a mission", which may or may not be a bad thing depending on how you look at it (I consider it worse for that)

ZX was great overall, but suffered from inane map

ZX Advent was better than ZX in some ways, but transformation mechanics were unnecesarily clunky.
>>
>>3765534
That's a pretty fair assessment. Personally, I would rank them

Z2 > Z1 > ZXA > ZX > Z3 > Z4
>>
>>3764456
Yo, this is hard core autism. We know it's the OP's opinion, who else's would it be? Did someone possess him to write the post? Is he coercing someone else to say the same thing? Why are you stating the obvious fact that someone had an opinion and expressed it?
>>
>>3765394
Other than having the obnoxious WARNING text before bosses that X4 introduced. Other than its focus on plot garbage. Other than its mission and ranking system. Other than literally everything else about it.
>>
>>3764441
X-X2 are very solid, X3 was kind of a cheap cashgrab, X4 had a new team that understood nothing of the greatness of the original games, past that point, quality control was completely forsaken.
>>
X4 > X2 >= X1 > Command Mission > MHX > X8 > X3 > Fuck the rest

Also the OP is obvious bait just don't bother
>>
>>3764456
It should be understood that it is the OP's opinion. Why the fuck should everyone have to end every single post with imho? You are a faggot imho
>>
>>3766802
>Command Mission
>bringing the RPG into the picture
>even ranking MHX
>holy shit.. X8..? You even mentioned that one?
Wow. This might be the absolute worst MMX list of all time. Is this intentional?
>>
>>3764441
X4 > X1 > X8 > MHX > X5 = X2 = X3 > CM > Xtreme > Xtreme2 = X7 > X6
>>
>>3766802
Not too bad of a list anon, honestly one of the better I've seen.
>>
>>3764445
Yup, this is the voice of reason.

MMX is amazing, but it only takes advantage of the dashing mechanic until the Sigma stages.
MMX2 on the other hand does, and while artistically the stages aren't as inspired, they're much more entertaining and a bit more challenging to go through. Plus it has some great bosses.
>>
Why was X's music so good but X2 and 3 so awful?
>>
>>3768498
>hating on my boy Wheel Gator
>>
>>3768498
>X3 music
>not the best
Nigga...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLi3QVuuQHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AmN2faZYsQ
>>
MMX has literally always been Megman Classic: Easy Mode. Getting the upgrades is basically a cheat to make it so you can beat the games easily and don't even get me started on sub tanks and wall jump.
>>
File: both megaman games!!!!!.jpg (165KB, 869x600px) Image search: [Google]
both megaman games!!!!!.jpg
165KB, 869x600px
>>3764441
I just don't get you! MMX was orders of magnitude better than 1 and 3. What on earth is X2????
>>
>>3768661
Oddly enough, X2 is the only X game not on PC.
>>
>>3768670
X3 has much overhead and port-clunkiness, X1 has impoverished music ... X4 sounds like a solid version though.
>>
>>3764441
ZX > MMX series
>>
>>3768557
TUNNEL RHINO

TUNNEL RHINO

TUNNEL RHINO

DURRRR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9JQxhvFO5M
Though I will admit I like Crush Crawfish's theme a lot
>>
Original MegaMan series is pretty shit, too.
>>
>>3764445

This nigga gets it. X2 has the best soundtrack as well.
>>
I've been playing all of them recently, and recently beat MM1 for the first time recently, and like.

I honestly think MMX1-X5 are all fine, like I've beaten all of them now except X4 which I'm at the end of, and like, yeah X is generally easier but it's still really great with great music and production value, and some of them have really good level design and I like that certain games like X5 are designed so you don't even have to use the sub-weapons.

I played X as a kid and only started really getting into the classic series recently and like, holy shit, I should've done this sooner, I may actually like it more than the X series. With that said, I've always preferred the X series up until now because of the freedom of movement, even though it makes the series easier it's just so much more fun to play jumping around every level.

I dunno I don't even X is overrated, I'm really hoping they do an X9 in the style of X5/X6 with better game design than X6
>>
>>3768498
squeaky shitty soundfont trying to emulate guitar squeals and failing
>>
File: 1484440642176.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484440642176.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
>>3772753
>That guitar quality on X5 & X6

Regardless of some of the nitpicks some of you folks have to make with them, this series really benefited from the jump to the Playstation IMO.
>>
>>3764441

X4 was best though.
>>
>>3764441
1/3/2 and others don't exist
>>
The whole X series was crap.
>>
>>3768557
Viles theme is dank as fuck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn0RQfuWjG8
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.