[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a retro Fire Emblem thread. (FE1 to FE5) Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 1-234.png (46KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
1-234.png
46KB, 480x432px
Let's have a retro Fire Emblem thread. (FE1 to FE5)

Just finished FE4. Had some fun, even with all its flaws. The plot is pretty good and there's a lot of great gameplay mechanics going on. Even if all the maps are kinda the same, there's lots of really hard enemies on some of them, especially the magic ones. Even so, the game is kinda easy, and the backtracking is incredibly annoying.

Got to try Thracia 776 now.
>>
File: 4ebb8ad1.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4ebb8ad1.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
I played the first two late last year.
First one was pretty good; reminded me of Langrisser. (I suppose it's the other way around.)
Second one (Gaiden) I didn't like as much. It felt kind of "sloppy" compared to the focused map strategy of the first game.
>>
Since FE 2 is getting remade this year, what are the chances for FE 4? And what changes would you like to see?
>>
Good to see a thread like this here.
I'm really tired of how "anime" the 3DS games got, with all the waifu anime pandering, memes and overly complicated child and abilities mechanics.

I like my FE games simple.
>>
>>3763746
I hope they never touch 4, if they do it'll be tainted with self-insert waifushitting like all the other recent releases

Radiant Dawn was the last true FE
>>
>>3764276
>Anonymous 01/27/17(Fri)20:43:09 No.3
I'm just curious what they would do with the incest themes in FE4.
>>
>>3763746
Probably fairly high, but I would imagine FE6 getting a remake first. Possibly bundled with an FE7 remake.
>>
>>3764276
Radiant Dawn's disjointed system of having the game split into Parts felt way less FE than any of Awakening's new mechanics.

That said I want to play another FE game with massive chapters like FE4.
>>
File: 20-Soldiers.jpg (330KB, 1700x1476px) Image search: [Google]
20-Soldiers.jpg
330KB, 1700x1476px
>>3763656
Thracia 776 is my favourite game, I hope you like it.
You may have heard people claim it is difficult, unfair, or simply bad. I disagree with all of that. Try to go in with an open mind so you can fully appreciate the level design.
>>
>>3763656
Easy? Who were getting all the kills a Holsety user? This game is notoriously difficult if you stay away from Holsety and Resire spamming.

I enjoyed the generation shift. It perplexes me how long it took for them to add it to future games. factions are cool too. The maps are tedious however.

>>3764423
I felt it was considerably easy due to the 20 stat cap.

>>3763767
Commercialization. I cant believe this series is still alive. tactical turnbased games were always a niche series for sales.
>>
File: 1476982188973.jpg (81KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1476982188973.jpg
81KB, 500x379px
>>3763746
I agree with >>3764276
I hope they don't touch FE4, its already great as far as the story goes. Chances, there will be changes to the story if they tried to remade FE4, and that change will surely destroy FE4. I enjoy the plot of FE4, perhaps because there are people that are being killed on both sides and some of those enemies are closely related to your party members that you need to kill as well. Its more evil than the other FE that I've played.

>>3763767
I think Awakening was Nintendo's last chance to revive FE thats why they go full anime, waifu pandering and all.

Since this is a FE thread, I remembered an old news that Kaga is doing a SRPG similar to FE? What happened on it?
>>
File: 9TSfjMh.jpg (158KB, 803x620px) Image search: [Google]
9TSfjMh.jpg
158KB, 803x620px
>>3765263
Vestaria Saga part 1 is complete and available in japanese for free. No western Fire Emblem fans care aside from you and me.

His first FE-clone, Tear Ring Saga for the PS1, got a proper translation patch recently. Berwick Saga, which is more of its own thing but apparently a great SRPG nonetheless, will never be translated.

>>3764873
On the contrary, I would say FE4 is notorious for being easy. Both lords (and various other strong units) can easily take out armies all by themselves.
>>
>>3764873
In FE4, if the character:

- is a lord
- can use magic
- can use legendary weapons
- or is equipped with a brave weapon (some characters are beyond bad though)

They can probably destroy the game.

>>3765508
What FE game Tear Ring Saga is more similar? Want to try it really badly.
>>
File: Sasha.jpg (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sasha.jpg
16KB, 200x300px
>>3765684
>What FE game Tear Ring Saga is more similar?
I guess the current answer to that would be FE8, but I'm pretty sure the answer to that will be FE15 once it comes out. TRS takes some things from gaiden, including having two main lords (and in TRS your parties meet up occasionally and can exchange items, party members, and gold), a world map, and enemy monsters. But it also has many traditional FE elements such as breakable weapons and good level design. There are some other quirks but overall it will feel very familiar for any FE fan.

>Want to try it really badly.
What's stopping you?
>>
>>3765850
I have a copy of the game, but I don't know how to get my Modded PS2 to play Import PS1 games.
It's now just a book bench for my other games. I like how the artwork is trying it's best to not be Jugdral-esque.
>>
File: SNESsnes9x_28230837.png (28KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
SNESsnes9x_28230837.png
28KB, 400x240px
>>3764423
Thracia is so good, nearly a perfect game. I can't enjoy any other FE game after playing it. It fits nicely on a 3DS screen. Best country, best game.
>>
>>3764873
>how is it still alive?
The consumer-side of commerce being fed with actual advertisements about what games were coming out. It should be known that if they spent as much on advertising 10 or 11, they would have done as well as awakening.

I want to know how the series didn't just up and die after Thracia released on the SNES, it sold as well as a flashcart released old home console game could, but then a year later Paper Mario came out. Why didn't Nintendo tell them to shove the strategy games out and focus on console releases? Was it the technical potential of the GBA that allowed IS to hold on to them long enough to give FE and AW space to grow?
>>
>>3766143
I love the game, I'm just waiting for a more polished translation patch, like the one done recently for FE4.
>>
>>3765508
FE4 is easy if you know what you're doing. If you fuck around at all while choosing your pairings or even don't realize that you have to marry units, the second generation is very difficult.
>>
I've always found the series really off putting but I'm trying to give it another chance starting with the first game.

It's taking all of my willpower to contain my autism and not reset upon losing even one unit.
>>
>>3765684
>or has a horse
>>
>>3764423
I mean, it is difficult. But I think it's difficult in a good way for the most part. It's by far the hardest in the series
>>
>>3766501
It's not hard at all. You still have Celice, Aless, Shannan, etc. that are nearly invincible and plenty of other good units.
>>
>>3766421
But that path is still in beta. Is it worth to use it?
>>
>>3766513
There's a ton of units with horses that are hot garbage to be honest. Actually, more in this game than any other FE game I've played. Still good to secure villages but that's it.

Still, Myrms were the worst characters by far. No mobility + dying ulltra easily against lances. Pretty much the only characters that get ultra rekt by weapon triangle disavantage (except for the legendary sword dude of course).

>>3767243
Some people bitch like hell because the name changes, but is pretty much 100% translated and it's pretty good.
>>
>everyone says Thracia's gameplay is incredible
>do some reading, it's basically Fire Emblem: Guerilla Warfare
>the current translation patch is broken

oh my fucking god why
>>
>>3767295
It's not broken or ideal, but it's playable. The story is translated.
>>
>>3767295
>Guerilla Warfare

what
>>
>>3767295
the people who are nearly done with FE4 plan to do FE5 next, just wait for that. i know i am.
>>
>>3764276
desu 11 and 12 are p good too, it's really only Awakening/Fates that went off the deep end. I even feel like awakening was just a misstep that could have been corrected, Fates went off the deep end. I'm hoping they keep Echoes as a more focused sub-series, that way at least there are some new FEs worth playing.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.