[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70h Ui_B0CdY >PSX can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: The_Adventures_of_Lomax.jpg (40KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
The_Adventures_of_Lomax.jpg
40KB, 472x472px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70hUi_B0CdY
>PSX can't handle great 2D gam_
>>
Oh God this game is so beautiful.
>>
Never heard of it, but looks amazing (except the cover)
>>
>>3761328
RAYMAN
>>
>>3761351
The graphic of Rayman it's a bit overrated
>>
>Little Ralph
>Gegege No Kitarou
>Mega Man 8
The Saturn may have been somewhat better at 2D but Playstation was more than capable of playing beautiful 2D games. There just wasn't much demand for them so not a lot got produced. It was easier to crank out gimmicky 3D games that would sell based on their novelty than to pay graphic designers to meticulously paint beautiful 2D graphics that still wouldn't sell as well.
>>
>>3761328
European games lol
>>
>>3761328
Reminds me of European comics like Asterix and Obelisk or the Disney books, It's very nice looking but I could see many people not liking it.

>>3761476

Who was arguing that the ps1 couldn't do beautiful 2d games? the issue generally is that it can't handle as many frames as the saturn, so fighting games generally have issues having faithful conversions.
>>
>>3761506
That's my question as well. OP said "great" 2D games which is vague. The Playstation is less suited to 2D than the Saturn so ports of 2D games like you're referring to are poorer on it, which is where the general consensus that Playstation is "bad at 2D" comes from. Well-made 2D games developed on Playstation and ported to Saturn e.g. SotN actually are poorer on Saturn because it's not capable of all the little hardware tricks

OP kind of seems to be implying that the Playstation is somehow lacking in 2D power even compared to 4th gen consoles which just isn't true at all.
>>
>>3761365
It is, everything after the first world is made of simple floating platforms
>>
>>3761526
Usually Saturn ports on the Playstation have perfect animation at the expense of missing some backgrounds. Just my personal experience.
>>
>>3761328
Is this meant to be a Lemmings spin-off? I've never played it, so pardon my ignorance.
>>
>>3761561
It plays more like a sequel to Misadventures of Flink
>>
>>3761485
LOL Americuck
>>
>>3761564
Looks like I have two new games to try. Thanks!
>>
>>3761561
Yes, it is spin-off and it is pretty good too. I would call this hidden gem of playstation game library
>>
>>3761476
Didn't Sony have a policy against 2D games in the PlayStation's early days?
>>
>>3763067
Only in the US, it was a really retarded policy
>>
File: lionheart-amiga.png (21KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
lionheart-amiga.png
21KB, 320x200px
>>3761506
Doesn't remind of Asterix at all. But it does have that distinctive European pixel art look. I don't know what makes it so distinctive, but I can always recognize it.

>>3761564
Got the same pixel artist, Henk Nieborg.
>>
It looks nice but by the third level you'll be bored to death
>>
>>3765115

So it's another typical Euro platformer then?
>>
>>3761572
Try again :)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.