[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are these priced so highly on ebay? I have two in their boxes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (6KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
6KB, 235x215px
Why are these priced so highly on ebay? I have two in their boxes and I'm not taking them out because they're shit.
>>
>>3759460

What the hell is that thing - Leafy's Sybian?
>>
>>3759462
It's the SJ-200 joystick for the SG-1000/SC-3000.
>>
The coleco Gemini had paddles that were nearly the same and they're priced high, too.
Also not sure why. I'm giving two away today actually.
>>
I also have two of those. They fucking suck.
>>
>>3759460
Same reason anything is expensive on ebay. Also the system was a total failure and not a lot were sold. Not sure exactly how many but they're probably genuinely rare.
>>
>>3759628
I've seen heaps of SC-3000s around, they're not overly rare or anything.
>>
>>3759628
>Also the system was a total failure and not a lot were sold.
They didn't do Famicom numbers, but the SG-1000 sold well enough to make Sega a small profit. There's a reason why they pushed on with the Mark III/Master System.
>>
Well what's the point of having them if you're not playing with it?
>>
>>3759631
>I've seen heaps of ignorant underage around, they're not overly rare or anything
True

>>3759778
>vague bullshit
How many sold? How much profit?
>>
>>3759853
You're the ignorant one if you don't know how popular the SC-3000 was in Australia and New Zealand.
>>
>>3759786
What else can I do with them?
>>
>>3759853
>How many sold? How much profit?
They had a pretty low expectation of over 50,000 unit to break even and it sold 160,000 in the first year.
http://www.gamegyokai.com/history/sg-1000.htm

You have to keep in mind this was still pretty early during the Japanese console gaming market and nobody really had any serious expectations about anything. Sega only meddle into consoles as a side business, since they were primarily an arcade company.
>>
>>3760392
stick them up your butt
>>
>>3760441
>Are you the same faggot that argued in another thread that something that sold 5k pcs wasn't rare?
I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Can you rephrase it in a non-autistic matter?
>>
>>3760441
You're misquoting me. You don't have to write out a quotation, just highlight what I wrote before you reply. I made this thread and it is about the SJ-200 controllers that came with the SC-3000 computer.
>>
>>3760441
>kek

Back to /v/ please
>>
>>3760635
Now you're just shitposting. I don't remember ever discussing anything PC related here.

Either way, it's not the same thing to sell 1 million units of a product for less than it took you to make than it it is to sell half of those units for more than they cost. The SG-1000 was made from shelf parts that were already dated by 1983 (the MSX and Colecovision were made from the same parts).

You're a moron who doesn't understand basic economics if you can't grasp this simple fact.
>>
>>3759460
>Why are these priced so highly on ebay?
I'd assume because "Muh original"
>>
>Why are these priced so highly on ebay?
>Explained
>Epic kidsplaining, rage and denial
kek
>>
>>3761584
That's not how you quote, and no real answer has been posited. The SC-3000 was a fairly popular computer, it is readily available and cheap. But for some reason the joysticks are being sold for a ridiculous price. If you think the computer was a failure, or that it was only released in Japan, you are dead wrong.
>>
>more tism
>more kidsplaining
>more keks
>prices affected 0%
I've literally laughed so hard that I rolled on the floor and I'm afraid my ass might fall off. That's a thing init?
>>
I just bought Super Mario RPG for the famicom on ebay for like $5, what are the chances the thing works?
>>
>>3762556
oops, wrong thread
>>
>>3762130
>I'll double down on crazy and double down again
Cool story asp-kun
>>
>>3762880
You clearly know nothing of the SC-3000.
>>
>>3762885
>you clearly aren't an aspie ausfag
You say that like it's a bad thing
>>
>>3762885
>you clearly aren't an ausfag circle jerking me.
>>
>>3764215
>>3763168
Another anon here. I'm not sure why you're proud of being completely ignorant indeed. If you could stop being dumb fucks, that would be nice.
>>
>>3762130
If you have a SC3K I'm potentially interested.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.