[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Strider game? I only had an NES, but I admired the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: digitstriderboxes.jpg (72KB, 509x220px) Image search: [Google]
digitstriderboxes.jpg
72KB, 509x220px
Best Strider game? I only had an NES, but I admired the arcade game from afar
>>
None of them are particularly good. And this was supposed to be Capcom's response to Ninja Gaiden.
>>
Strider does more in 13 minutes than most games do in 8 hours.
>>
Strider arcade is great, and the Mega Drive port it's fantastic too (worse graphics but better music and improved ending).

Strider 2 copy a lot of things from the first game but it's an interesting and fun game nonetheless.
>>
>>3759419

Not /vr/ but the new one that's on PSN/Live is absolutely badass
>>
>>3759429
>And this was supposed to be Capcom's response to Ninja Gaiden.
Strider Hiryu (AC) - March 1989
Ninja Ryukenden (FC) - December 1989

You can kindly fuck off now with your ignorant opinions.
>>
>>3759652
I downloaded the PS4 version during their recent flash sales. I was holding out to get the JP-exclusive physical release, but couldn't pass on that loe price. It's now in backlog.
>>
>>3759652
It's on PC too. Got it on Humble for a buck. It was pretty good.
>>
>>3759772
I also got the PS4 version during the flash sale. It's actually a pretty fuckin' sweet game. Enemy variety is a bit lacking, and some of the bosses are a bit tedious, but overall it's fast paced, it looks good, it's fun to explore, it has silky smooth controls, and the slice-and-dice action is just what the doctor ordered.

Guess I should play the original Strider now.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (50KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
50KB, 500x299px
I wish the e-Capcom edition of this and the Dungeons & Dragon compilation weren't so expensive.
>Those replica instruction cards of Strider 1 & 2
>>
>>3759419
Cannon Dancer
>>
>>3759827
How's Moon Diver? Everyone who played it seems to be pretty critical of it.
>>
>>3759419
Arcade/PlayStation is super great IMO. Genesis/arcade is sort of an artifact so it gets by, but it's really flawed.
>>
>>3759814
Is there a strider graphic novel to view online?
>>
File: Mangacover.jpg (60KB, 292x396px) Image search: [Google]
Mangacover.jpg
60KB, 292x396px
>>3760323
>Arcade/PlayStation
>Genesis/arcade
Wut? I like the Genesis just for the non-shitty ending sequence alone.
>>3760325
That's an artbook, but there was a Strider manga that was published before the game came out. The plot is pretty close to the NES version (Strider Mattick is the main antagonist instead of The Grandmaster), which never came out in Japan oddly enough.
>>
>>3759419
Nu-Strider is surprisingly solid. If you play it on Hard first time around the difficulty is at a pretty good place and as you start combining abilities you can pull off some awesome stuff.
>>
>>3759827
this
>>
Strider 2 is pretty nice and that is the high point of the series. Osman is really great though.
>>
>>3759429
Your opinion is shit and you're a liar.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.