[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /vr/ feel about this: Purchasing actual or reproduction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Sega Genesis Case.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sega Genesis Case.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
How does /vr/ feel about this:
Purchasing actual or reproduction blank cases for the Sega Genesis, then printing off the Covers for all the original loose cartridges you have.
>>
It's fine as long as you don't try to sell them to people under the pretense that they're the real thing.
>>
I really couldn't care less.
>>
Why would anyone have a problem with this unless you tried to pull this shit >>3759271
>>
>>3759271
true, i never thought about that possibility and would never do that...this is for my own collection..i have a bunch of loose carts and i woulkd like to see them properly lined up to the rest of the cartridges
>>
>>3759285
you could always slap a REPRODUCTION COVER on the barcode or some shit. though honestly if people cant tell it shouldnt matter as it doesn't add or take anything away from the actual game.
>>
>>3759287
im just wondering if it would be wrong to buy a case and make a reproducition cover for all the carts i have....for my own personal collection.
>>
>>3759308
???
No. You're not going to sell it are you?
>>
>>3759308
Lots of people do it. there is no harm in it at all.
>>
>>3759262
Game collecting at it's core is owning stuff that makes you happy. A neat, unified shelf of games is definitely something that would make people happy- wether the cases are original or not. So go ahead and do what pleases you.
>>
I don't get it.
If it's for your personal collection, why do you even bother what people on /vr/ thinks?
Do what you want to do.

Also, you'll never be able to print them as well as the original artwork, so even if you don't add "reproduction cover" anyone with eyes will be able to tell it's fake if you try to sell it.
>>
Be carful, if u don't print REPRODUCTION on the label ul be arrested by the retro game police

Shits serious business yo
>>
Agree with the dudes who basically said, "Who really cares?"

For reference, I replaced a shit-ton of the jeweled cases when I sold my psx collection because so many had broken over the years (younger siblings). It was pretty obvious in a bunch of cases that these weren't the original case, but the buyer was cool with it. In the end, it beats a bunch of loose carts or discs or whatever.
>>
>>3760306
>For reference, I replaced a shit-ton of the jeweled cases when I sold my psx collection because so many had broken over the years (younger siblings).
That's normal though, everyone does that. Unless you're talking about replacing the entire case and not just the front which is kind of dumb since there would be no endlabels.
>>
>>3759262
Totally fine, I encourage it even because sometimes you find games without their case, and the case does help keep it a bit safe.

>>3759287
Yeah, like, the cover is all the same, but over the bars, instead of numbers, it would say "R E P R O D U C T I O N" in bold red/foil letters.

>>3759308
Nah man, just do it.

It's maybe a hair below finding a nice old military rifle, and it's in pretty fine condition generally, but the stock has a huge crack in it and the rear sight is missing, so it doesn't perhaps look the nicest it could, and if you were to take it and shoot it, the recoil could turn the crack into a split and ruin the stock entirely, and you couldn't even aim it with incomplete sights.
Finding or making a replacement stock, and rear sight, would make the gun much prettier, and also you could use and enjoy it again. The only thing to consider is if you ever sell it, to state that the stock and rear sight have been replaced, for the collector's sake.

Likewise, for your games, they lack their original cases (there's nothing wrong with the carts or discs, they just miss their cases), and it would be nice to have storage cases not only because they look good, but because it's also practical and protects your games from dust and scratches, just be sure to state that the cases are reproductions in case you'd ever sell the games.
>>
File: 1413951262061.gif (3MB, 291x300px)
1413951262061.gif
3MB, 291x300px
>>3760432
Why wouldn't there be endlabels?

It's not like they're embedded into the plastic.
>>
File: jail.gif (987KB, 500x375px)
jail.gif
987KB, 500x375px
>>3759262

You're going to jail.
>>
>>3760537
I love that Will holds his face while Carlton flinches.
>>
>>3759262
Who even sells blank cases, especially for older systems?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.