[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else have any good or bad memories associated with pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: givetotheguybehindtheglass.jpg (9KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
givetotheguybehindtheglass.jpg
9KB, 194x260px
Anyone else have any good or bad memories associated with pic related?

I remember standing on line to get some game or another and feeling tremendous pity for the kid ahead of me who was just handed an Atari Jaguar by the guy behind the glass.
>>
File: 8125156544.jpg (184KB, 780x809px) Image search: [Google]
8125156544.jpg
184KB, 780x809px
From toys r us? Good memories, pic related.
>>
Aww yeah, buying video games via paper slips? That takes me back. It made video games see that much more magical, like they were hidden away in a vault and those were your tickets to get them out.
>>
>tfw your parents would just leave you in the video game aisle and you'd look at all the games on display

You can't emulate that feel. At least, not without some kind of VR headset.
>>
>>3758708
The VR would only give you an approximate of the visual/sound, but you brain will never be that of a 7 year old ever again.
>>
>>3758710
>he's never huffed petrol
>>
>>3758705

That's pretty much how it was and how it felt. The inside of that booth (at least it was a booth at my local store) had everything vidya-related imaginable at the time, and in a pretty small space as I recall. I was always jealous of the kid working that counter as if he somehow got to enjoy all of that shit beyond being surrounded by boxes of it. I still like to think it was an easy/cool job.

>>3758708

For me a lot of that time was spent figuring out if I wanted the Virtual Boy or not. I guess I didn't.
>>
>>3758698

good memory - getting SMB 3 there on my 10th birthday.

bad memory - buying Ironsword for $70 + tax
>>
>>3758698
Getting the virtual boy after price dropped
Mfw Mario tennis red alarm and Wario land
Good times
>>
>>3758698
Rarely did I ever get to visit a Toy 'R' Us. My parents thought it was over-priced. I do have a few vidya memories at Target, though. The Target was right next to the Toys 'R' Us. That's probably what spurred the memories, but I digress. I remember they had a demo unit set up that was playing Yoshi's Island. They also had the timer set on like 2 or 3 minutes. No one could even clear the little tutorial stage before it reset. Fast forward a few years, and they had a Mario 64 demo with the same short ass timer. By the time you started a new game and sped through all the intro text, you barely got control of Mario before it reset.

That was also the only place I ever played a Virtual Boy. I remember thinking that it was a really dumb console.
>>
>>3758826
Ironsword is a pretty good game, though. I prefer W&W but probably more for nostalgia.

Visions of Power is shit in a box, though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NBSq03SAtw

Remember the super toy run? I remember one of them where the kid bolted for the video game isle and just grabed stacks of those paper slips. Just a handful of paper translated to cartfulls of NES games. That's totally what I would have done too had I ever been in that.
>>
>>3758908

I don't know why, but I wasn't even aware of Target until the mid '00s. I got Yoshi's Island at a now defunct K-Mart/Walmart-type store called Caldor.

My first experience with SM64 felt like something out of The fucking Wizard. I'm from New Jersey, and up by Newark Airport we used to have this huge electronics superstore called Incredible Universe. My dad took us in there for some unrelated purpose, but there was a guy with a microphone hosting demonstrations of the game, which was being projected on a huge multi-panel screen hanging from the ceiling that could be seen from everywhere in the store. A bunch of kids were gathered around waiting for their turn. I managed to get a chance, but I seem to recall fucking up and feeling unsatisfied. Couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 minutes allowed per kid.

Those days were fucking crazy. Once in a lifetime.
>>
>>3758703
I just cloned this mew with an editor and transferred the save to my everdrive
>>
File: arino.jpg (8KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
arino.jpg
8KB, 273x185px
>>3758991
I also stored it safely on pokemon stadium
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.