[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://arcadeforge.net/Supergun-MAK -Strike/Supergun-MAK-Str

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: $_1.jpg (19KB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
19KB, 400x321px
http://arcadeforge.net/Supergun-MAK-Strike/Supergun-MAK-Strike::74.html

So, basically, all I need is this, a Jamma harness, a PSU, an MVS board, and commonsense level soldering skills, and I can make my own consolized MVS for 40% of the price these things sell for on Ebay? Glad I found that out before I shelled out $300 for one of those fuckers
>>
You don't even need to have soldering skills if you buy a supergun
>>
>>3757779
>http://arcadeforge.net/Supergun-MAK-Strike/Supergun-MAK-Strike::74.html

You could have been one of those retarded that shelled out $550 for an omega on top of waiting an entire month for the thing to come in. Then there's those wood neo geos, those are like $750.00
>>
If you have basic soldering skills you can build your own for a pittance.
>>
So how do you join the neo geo forums? I want to buy some cheap MVS carts but they won't let me register.
>>
>>3757987
Ive been registered for a few years,its a shithole community of elitists ,you prob have to suck a mods dick before you can get in.
>>
>>3757997

>Fighting game players are fucking assholes

Not surprised.
>>
>>3757987
stay out our forums faggot
>>
>>3757997
>>3757987

You won't get cheap MVS carts on neo-geo.com anymore.

A) They hate selling to newbies. They think you joined the forums just for scoops (you did)

B) Only the old dogs get the deals. If you haven't been on the forums since early to mid 2000's you can expect to pay just under eBay prices

C) Rules for new people to buy/sell can be incredibly harsh. If you're new and selling you can be asked to ship first which is insane. If you buy, it's possible you'll be forced to gift payment to avoid chargebacks.

It's an OK place, but it's mostly useful for general tech support or shitposting. God help you if you didn't use the search function, because madman and xsq will be on your ass in a second.
>>
>>3757779
Commonsense readingcomprehension skills will do just fine. Unfortunately...
>>
>>3759124
>A) They hate selling to newbies. They think you joined the forums just for scoops (you did)
>B) Only the old dogs get the deals. If you haven't been on the forums since early to mid 2000's you can expect to pay just under eBay prices
>C) Rules for new people to buy/sell can be incredibly harsh. If you're new and selling you can be asked to ship first which is insane. If you buy, it's possible you'll be forced to gift payment to avoid chargebacks.

The good arcade forums are all a bit like that. After you've been part of one for a while, you realise why.
>>
Is this the cheapest way to play NEO GEO authentically? I've had a look around and it seems like it

>AES is incredibly expensive for essentially an MVS in a box and games are ridiculously expensive
>CD is cheap as chips but load times are longer than the rounds for some games
>CDZ is faster + cheap games but is the most expensive of all the systems

Is an MVS + NEOSD the way to go? What's the best way to get parts without having to give into ebay prices and without having to join a forum of hardcore collectors although considering how many resellers there are these days i can understand why people would be hesitant to part with their old arcade boards
>>
>>3759397
>Is an MVS + NEOSD the way to go?

The cheapest would be an emulation box, but for real hardware, yeah, an mvs, supergun, or aes with flashcard would all be X1000 times cheaper than buying up the individual carts. Thank god for flash cartridges.
>>
>>3758008
The Neo Geo forums are not fighting game players lol. If you wanna be talked down upon by SRK though, sure go for it. Same shit different forum. the Neo Geo forums are full of retards willing to spend thousands of dollars on single carts because they have nothing else to buy or live for.
>>
>>3759534
That's retarded, fighting games are the only things available on the Neo Geo and these niggas couldn't even become good at them.
>>
Normal people just download MAME and overcome the novelty of playing arcade games in 20 minutes.
>>
>>3759534
SNK fighters are not even particularly good fighting games compared to CAPCOM's.
>>
>>3759543
This edgy bastard...
>>
I bought an MVS 1 slot board a few months back because I found a great price on it bundled with a game

I'd like to get it up and running at least in a temporary capacity until I find the time to put together a cabinet, but this supergun stuff is intimidating and I don't know what kind of equipment I'll need. On one hand I see these simple supergun PCBs for like $50, but on the other I can find large, well-engineered boxes with LEDs and mounted buttons/switches for hundreds of dollars which seems excessive. What's a good entry point into this territory?
>>
File: consolized arcade board.jpg (48KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
consolized arcade board.jpg
48KB, 600x336px
>>3760007

PRobably a supergun. Even if you went full retard & broke 4 of them in a row, that would still be $250 cheaper than buying one of those fancy consolized MVS systems. They play other games besides neo geo too, so that's a plus.
>>
>>3760047
I just found this on eBay:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/322095247210

It seems like the full package for a reasonable price, albeit a bit chunky and plain. Only thing that bothers me is shipping from Spain and the lack of button labels. Also unknown build quality, it sounds like they build it themselves so that could mean anything. It's also cheaper and smaller than other boxed solutions I've seen by a large margin, my suspicion sensors are behaving erratically
>>
>>3759543
Threw up in my mouth a little bit, thanks
>>
>>3760414

Well that's the reason, this thing probably functions very well but like you said, the casing is cheap and not much thought is put into the aesthetics. Honestly though, if it works, I couldn't give a shit. I might just buy the thing today desu
>>
>>3759361
shmups isn't like that
>>
>>3757987
As has been mentioned, neo-geo.com is very much an old boy's club and I believe you have to be a member for a certain amount of time and/or have a certain number of posts on the forum before you are even allowed to shop there.

I have a friend who has been into Neo Geo since the system originally released, and he sings the forum's praises, but also tells me stuff like how he doesn't want to sell there because if you try to get close to eBay value for anything you will never be forgiven.

With the increase in consolized MVSes, the MVS carts are quickly becoming the new AES carts. You can still find some good deals on eBay if you keep your eyes peeled though.
>>
>>3760868
>>3759124

THIS IS RETARDED!!!

why all this fucking elitism? Trying to even start an arcade collection is already way too much of a chore, and these pussyhomos are making things worse.

Arcades as a business are DEAD, getting access to stuff shouldnt be that hard, prohibitive or expensive.

Then again, im mexican, if for americans this shit is hard, for us this is BEYOND IMPOSSIBLE.
>>
>>3761512
neo-geo.com is a "special place", there are not a lot of people there and most of them know each other from decades, too much personal bullshit...

It's a quite toxic community, I have an account and never posted questions there and they are quite toxic, and I'm saying this in 4chan so go figure... The only strong point is they have quite knowledgeable people posting, like the guy who made unibios.

For carts just go to ebay, thanks to neosd cartdriges the oldfarts are dumping their collections there to make money and buy one. You only really need the 161 in one, the 138 in one and buy the random mvs cart that doesn't work well on the multicarts and you are set.
>>
>>3757779
And and a monitor/tv that can take RGB signals, if you are in yurop just use a scart lead but if you are murican make sure you can output the video somewere...
>>
>>3761512
Lol

Neo-geo.com hates
>French
>Italian
>Mexicans

Because they're all known bootleggers.

The one time I bought something from Mexico it was a bootleg. Guy fucking lied about it too when I asked him.

Got a refund from eBay, and he demanded I send it back. I laughed at him. PO Boxes are the shit.
>>
>>3762061
Those multicarts are Chinese shit
>>
>>3763657
138 in 1 is easy to fix.
>>
Oh lord the neo-geo.com forums

I posted on them in the early 2000's every so often, mostly to gripe about the disappointment that SNK Capcom Chaos was.

You can say all you want about people on /vr/ being weird autists talking about old video games; the ng.com people are S-Grade lunatics.

They talk nonstop about one 26 year old video gaming system that has not had an official release in 11 years - how the fuck is there even still conversations about this shit? ONE SYSTEM. Also one of the easiest systems there is to emulate with nearly 100% accuracy.
>>
>>3763819
I've only lurked there some and I know exactly what you mean. Usually forums are more hospitable than 4chan boards, but in this case its shocking.
>>
>>3763819

A lot of it has to do with the value of the games & their constant fight with bootlegging.
>>
>>3763890
Do the bootlegs still function properly as the games?
>>
>>3757779
If you want to save even more money you can actually download a virtual neo-geo onto your computer and play it for free.
>>
>>3764183

Bootlegs are a total crapshoot.

My puzzle bobble bootleg is like 99% identical. The only issue with it is that it has some minor sound corruption at the intro screen.

Other than that, it's actually more reliable than my real one.

My bootleg metal slug 3 is garbage though. Hard as hell just to get it playing, then it actually crashes about 1/4 times.
>>
>>3764447
true dat, but heres the problem, at the end of the day, you know you are playing a lie.

you might enjoy the game, finish it, master it, but, is not and it will never be a true replacement of the real deal.

a real deal that has become retardedly impossible to get thanks to those pussyhomos and their entourage.

hope they get raped by a thousand demons a thousand times when their time comes for ruining that hopes of hundreds of gamers.
>>
>>3764507
>Own an MVS cab
>Own a super gun
>Own CPS2 Boards, some Jamma boards, a few Atomiswave, and some classic non-jamma boards
>Never use them
>Only ever play Arcade games on Fightcade.

Such is the life we lead.
>>
>>3764507
Interesting... my experience is the exact opposite.

I am a little hesitant as I fear that it will be less fun without the real hardware and then I get engrossed in the game and feel glad I didn't need to pay any money for such a great experience.

The game itself is what I care about, not the plastic that initially accompanied it.

Sounds like you might be falling into the naturalistic fallacy a bit.
"The original way is the best because it's the original way"
>>
Niggras, just emulate on MAME.
Capcom had the best fighters anyway.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.