[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing through OoT again and I just beat Water Temple.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

I'm playing through OoT again and I just beat Water Temple. Went to Kakariko village and triggered the cutscene with Sheik. Now he teaches me the Nocturne of Shadow and tells me to defeat the temple straight away, doesn't mention the well. So I said to myself "I'll go straight in and see how far into the temple I get without Len of Truth before I can't continue AND the game tells me I need to venture outside the temple to get the Lens". Basically I'm playing in the mindset of a complete newbie to the game who goes exactly where they're told, following the railroading.

Now I've gotten way past the compass so far with a bit of trial and error (including getting the hover boots). The game is throwing up clues about "seeking the eye of truth" but in my adopted mindset I'm assuming that, as in a lot of dungeons before, the item I need is in the dungeon itself. Is there a point where the game says "get out of the temple and look around the village, maybe go back time"?
>>
>>3757372
Do you have a source for this image where more exist?
It's pretty awesome.

Also, I've never explored the Shadow Temple without the Eye.
Bottom of the well was the first side thing I did after going forward in time, first time I played.

Knowing Nintendo, they probably did not tell you the Eye is outside of the temple.
>>
>>3757372
Getthe eye
>>
>>3757437
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/N64/index.htm#LegendOfZeldaOcarinaOfTime

Dere you go dawg.

Seems like bad game design/big oversight on Nintendo's part.

And now I'm wondering how the fuck I (or at least my older brothers cos I tended to watch them play games first and then went through them myself) knew to search the well as a child to find the Lens.
>>
>>3757372
I think by that point they counted on you exploring the Gerudo Valley area and making it to the Haunted Wasteland, which you can do before beating any of the Adult dungeons (although the bow makes taking out sentries much easier). You'd be told to find the eye of truth to see the Poe you have to follow in the desert.

As an adult, you can see the well is empty the first time you visit Kakarico with a hole in the bottom to big for Adult link to fit in, which you should make a mental note of ("how do I drain the well as a kid?") and you get a big hint for this once you get the Hookshot as the exit from Dampe's maze dumps you right into the windmill.
>>
File: 1363832092285.png (85KB, 311x393px) Image search: [Google]
1363832092285.png
85KB, 311x393px
>>3758586
>Seems like bad game design/big oversight on Nintendo's part.

Well, when you think about it, each temple/dungeon has one item and you get the boots early in the Shadow Temple.
Also, the Well isn't exactly a secret.

Thank you for the link however. Awesome shit, and props for web1.0 design!
>>
>>3758586
yeah it's weird isn't it. there's a lot of moments like that in games now, where i can't remember how i'm supposed to figure it out, i just remember how to do it.
>>
>>3757372
As you said yourself it took trial and error to get where you are.
I remember having trouble to the point that I knew I needed some other item, and it was already established that the well needed to be investigated.
>>
>>3757372
How did you work out how to get into Jabu Jabu?
I cannot remember how I did it as a kid
>>
>>3757372
One of the guys in town (I think the old guy in blue) tells you that someone "with the eye of truth" used to live where the well is now, there is another guy (i think between the steps to the windmill and the wooden fence outside the potion hag's shop) tells you that the windmill draws water out of the well, but it dried up years ago, and finally, the crazy dude in the windmill tells you an "ocarina kid" came and played a strange song which messed up the windmill, which he then teaches you.

Putting all that together, you can figure out that you need to play the Song of Storms in the windmill as a child to drain the well so you can go down there and get the lens of truth, which the game drops hints about needing in various places.
>>
>>3760664
The sign right in front if Jabu Jabu says to stay away from his feeding platform. I forgot how i figured out you had to feed him fish.
>>
>>3761667
I think the message in the bottle you find mentions that Ruto was feeding him when he sucked her and the Spiritual Stone in.
>>
>>3761658
This this this...
>>
>>3757372

The cutscene gave a pretty strong indication as to where you should go
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.