[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I do to keep my carts safe and in good condition over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (2MB, 1264x823px)
file.png
2MB, 1264x823px
What can I do to keep my carts safe and in good condition over time while possibly still using them every now and then. I'm looking mostly for storage tips here. I understand that N64 carts have a shorter lifespan than SNES ones? why is that?
>>
I seal them airtight in zip lock bags and place them in the deep freezer.
>>
I just keep them in a cheap plastic set of drawers, have been for the past 10 years. Keeps them out of sight, but easy to access and clean. No damage so far, though I've also mostly switched to flashcarts and don't have as many carts to worry about anymore.

>I understand that N64 carts have a shorter lifespan than SNES ones?
This is the first I've heard of this. Where'd you read that?
>>
I had my snes carts sit out in the back of my moms car for 4 F O U R years in the florida hot ass sun and then another year outside on the back porch in a zip lock bag and they work perfectly fine.

Y'all obsess way too much.

They also look clean (although I had to use rubbing alcohol)
>>
>>3757098
fucking faggot.
>>
>>3757098
>I understand that N64 carts have a shorter lifespan than SNES ones?
This is literally the first time I've ever heard this. Where did you hear it? I mean have you ever opened up an N64 cart? They're built like a brick house, reinforced by actual metal plates.
>>
>>3757098
Provided the carts are in room temperature with no humidity they can last like 75 years at the least, I've seen estimates for over 100.
>>
>>3757098
Snes better
>>
>>3757098
You're an idiot and a collectorfag for worrying about this. Cartridges will outlast us all. God I fucking hate this hobby.

>>3757134
>This is the first I've heard of this. Where'd you read that?
I have to imagine there are swathes of pretentious collectors out there just pulling random facts out of their ass to justify their autism over storing things.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (109KB, 526x898px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
109KB, 526x898px
>>3757134
>I just keep them in a cheap plastic set of drawers

This if you look for cheap efficent storage.

If you're looking for something more suited for shelves ordisplay, google "Universal Game Case".

If you want something simpler, look into "Box Protectors", despite the name, they are available for carts, too (Although the ones for boxed games are more common).
Also they don't need/should have a cover, don't take as much space as UGCs and are much cheaper (we are talking cents when bought in bulk).
The good ones even provide UV protection.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.