[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what exactly was Necron and why did Square nearly ruin Final

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Necron.png (561KB, 641x479px) Image search: [Google]
Necron.png
561KB, 641x479px
So what exactly was Necron and why did Square nearly ruin Final Fantasy IX by including it as the final boss in this game with absolutely no buildup???
>>
>>3756456
Necron was supposed to be the embodiment of death. It's more poetic than you think and I'm not going to go into full detail because you could just look it up. But when Necrom dies he says he will always remain which says he will never truly vanish. Anyways, you come off as an idiot so deuces.
>>
don't sweat it, OP, necron was totally gay as fuck
>>
>>3756456
Necron was the manifistation of death, created by humans.
The whole idea around FFIX and the crystal, was that reality was being formed by what we thought to be real, and what we remembered.

Death is something everyone thinks about, and this is why Necron was created through the memory crystal.
As long as there is life, there has to be death, and Necron was just the harbinger of death, created by our thoughs about life and death.

This can clearly be seen with Ozma. Its an old summon, which is almost forgotten, and thus we cannot even see his final form.
All we see is a bubble of crappy colours, not appearing to have any meaning at all.
>>
>>3756507
Doesn't FFIX have one of those joke endings where the entire thing was just an elaborate stage play anyway
>>
>>3756560
No.
>>
>>3756456
>final party of Zidane, Garnet, Amarant, Vivi

why dot jaypeg
>>
File: meaning.png (892KB, 916x856px) Image search: [Google]
meaning.png
892KB, 916x856px
>>3756456
>>
>>3756456
I know this is off topic but how come 9 is the hot spicy meme game now?
8 is clearly better
>>
>>3756581
My team always consisted of Vivi, Garnett, Zidane and Steiner aka OG NIggas
>>
I used Zidane, Vivi, Freya, and Quina, i.e. all the characters I found the least annoying.
>>
>>3756591
8 is weird in its mechanics and has awful characters/story. I still like it but I wouldn't without nostalgia.

9 is an extremely solid game - possibly the most polished on PS1 imo, It's got loads of secrets, it's more like ff4-6 than 7 or 8 are, and it's comfy af. I've always loved it anyway.
>>
>>3756591
>hot spicy meme game
You must stop.
>>
>>3756560
No, it ends during a stage play where Zidane fucks everything up after he was able to make it back to Gaia in one piece.
>>
>>3756507

Interesting, I never knew these things about Necron and Ozma before.
>>
>>3756582
jesus what a load of horseshit, i'm glad i dropped it.
>>
>>3756507
I don't see any proof whatsoever that Necron was created "by people's thoughts". He's the watcher above all, waiting for the moment his purpose shall be used. He was there before all of those people, he was there when the universe was created.

Like in older FF, life and everything was created by or with crystals. That is clearly established in the game when Kuja finds one and wants to destroy it (it's right there behind him during the final battle against him).

Little does they seem to know that it's another crystal, Necron, which decides if the universe gets to disappear. And that's the whole point of him having no build up, and it's also a reference to final bosses in older FFs.

So in short, the way he looks, his being, and the way he appears, are all a big reference to older FF, and this is when we see we gets it or who just pretends to be a FF fan.

Some years ago the "official fan theory" was that Necron and the Iifa Tree were one and the same. This horeshit was based on a single line that the Iifa Tree says at the end of the fight, that "he"ll come back", except that line was only there to foreshadow and explain the return of the mist in disc4.
But everyone, at least in the west, believed that horseshit because it was written on a wikia. This tells a lot.
>>
>>3756507
>This can clearly be seen with Ozma. Its an old summon, which is almost forgotten, and thus we cannot even see his final form.All we see is a bubble of crappy colours, not appearing to have any meaning at all.

Been a while since I played, and I sure as Hell don't really remember any of that. But this part about Ozma is pretty fuggin' cool.
>>
>>3756456
>>3756456
I always thought Necron was supposed to be a joke reference to Zeromus also coming out of the blue. I literally laughed when that part happened.

FFIX is basically an old style comedy where the bad guy turns out to be not so bad and there's a big marriage at the end.
>>
>>3756456
kek
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.