[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the majority of people think this is the best sonic? i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: sonic cd.jpg (25KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
sonic cd.jpg
25KB, 189x267px
Why do the majority of people think this is the best sonic?
i'm playing it at the moment for the first time, and i dont understand the praise it gets.
The past/future mechanics dont seem to add much to me, the special UFO stages are ugly and hard to control, and everything else is just standard sonic. Whats even the point of going into the future?
While i'm at it, been playing all the advance games this week, about to play no.3 this evening. I hope its better than no.2, because the bottomless pitfalls prevalent in levels such as sky canyon really pissed me off, as did the boss which has the giant hand which insta kills you, regardless of rings.
Sonic 2 is the best of the series I think,
i'm not going to give up on CD because its still fun to play, but i just dont get why so many people rate it the best.
>>
>>3755740
>majority
You mean /v/ hipsters?
>>
I don't like it either, bud.
>>
>>3755740

It's an ok game, but pales in comparison to the genesis sonic games. I've found the slowdowns on real hardware to be difficult to suffer through.
>>
>the majority

This game was the red-headed stepchild of the series since it first released, buddy. It was on the SEGA CD after all. The only games the majority of people like are Sonic 1 through 3&K.
>>
Personally, I'm not a big fan of Sonic CD's level design. The stages aren't very fun to traverse like other Sonic titles and many things try to block your way or push Sonic back.
>>
>>3755740
Majority? Dunno about that, seems to be a game people either love or hate.
>>
>>3755740
Metal Sonic
>>
>>3755871
go back to /v/
>>
>>3755740
Its the anime vids. Reinvented the look of Sonic while keeping him familiar
>>
>>3755740
I wouldn't say its the best or the worst. I like the game because it is a unique entry to the classic series. Definitely worth a try if you like the old games but its not for everyone. The soundtrack is awesome (even the NA tracks)
>>
>>3755740
You go to the past first to stop Metal Sonic and stop the robotizing machine. After that you can go in to a good future world. I think it gives you an easier boss fight than bad future.

It's better with the Sonic CD ++ patch. You can search for it to download. It adds some extra moves to speed up gameplay.
>>
Its a Sonic game that actually requires skill to play.
>>
Sonic CD has some great moments but it's mostly a curiosity. Something a lot of us yearned to play when we were younger but couldn't because we didn't have a Mega CD.

Sonic 2 and 3 are superior games. Both these game have a better thought out design.

IGN dickheads who say CD is the only good game are completely transparent hipsters or retards who were on the wrong side of the console war.
>>
>>3755740
But that's not 3&K
>>
>>3755740
This game any good?
>>
>>3755740
Because it's on a CD, man. CDs are so cool, they're the future of gaming. Anyone knows that being on a CD makes a game better.
>>
>>3755740
The original trilogy operates on the philosophy of a low skill floor but high skill ceiling. They make sure the stages are fun to traverse on a casual level but there are a lot of alternate paths and physics exploits to sink your teeth into for the more advanced players.

CD throws the idea of "fun to traverse at a casual level" completely out of the window. The stages are huge clusterfucks with 4 alternate versions that require to familiarize yourself with the layout in order to go fast. CD is more fun for people that enjoyed going through multiple playthroughs in order to really learn the stages and find optimal routes.
>>
>>3757671

Depends. People who take it for what it is tend to enjoy it. A lot of "sonic fans" don't like it because it drifts from the standard formula of the Genesis games a bit, and if you were exposed to those first it can be tough getting used to. It's more of a platformer than a run, run, run kind of game and that turns some people off of it. Personally, it's my favorite in the series.
>>
>>3755740
>Why do the majority of people think this is the best sonic?

Same reasons many believe that OoT is the best zelda, art direction and game being functional.
>>
File: S3K.jpg (787KB, 1920x1338px) Image search: [Google]
S3K.jpg
787KB, 1920x1338px
But this is.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.