[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: games that you fucking hated. I played Vectorman 1 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: MD Vectorman.jpg (19KB, 178x250px) Image search: [Google]
MD Vectorman.jpg
19KB, 178x250px
ITT: games that you fucking hated.

I played Vectorman 1 and 2 on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection just for complete all achievements, but I almost died.
I've never seen this game before, and this game sucks. The enemies keep respawing like retards and the game is boring as hell.
>>
File: plok.jpg (86KB, 512x358px) Image search: [Google]
plok.jpg
86KB, 512x358px
>>3754309
People told me this shit was actually good. Turns out the only good thing about it was the music.
>>
Vectorman had neat looking graphics for the time, but yeah it was bad. Vectorman 2 is especially fucking terrible. I just tried playing that a few days ago and it made me sick.
>>
>>3754309
It is more or less the equivalent of Donkey Kong Country on Genesis, neat use of the graphical capabilities and that was its selling point.

But the game itself pretty generic and boring.
>>
>>3754309
>just for complete all achievements

Gen Z was a mistake.
>>
>>3754318
Just looking at the cover I can tell its shit.

This is a board where there are people who unironically like Bubsy and that platformer for autistic kids called Spyro.
>>
>>3754408

What's "generic" about it?
>>
>>3754318

There's only one autist on this board that claims Plok! is the best platforming game ever.
>>
>>3754441
It's just a dull 2D platforming shooter.
>>
>>3754410
Datamine and keep it all anonymous and quiet, everyone flips their shit.

Call them "achievements" and air them out where everyone can see them, everyone demands them.
>>
The gameplay's alright, but I can't get over how ugly Super James Pond looks.

>>3754318

It gets a lot better during Akrillic, and you can get there faster via the hidden warps. But if you hated it from the get-go (whether it's because of the tight camera or the boring physics), you'll probably hate the rest of it.
>>
>>3754309
youve never seen this game before... jesus fuck... this reinforces all ive said before. everyone on here are fucking 14 yr old dipshits. how the fuck do u not know about vectorman. dipshit
>>
>>3754752
>no reasons
>>
Earthbound. 2twee4me
>>
>>3754415
Bubsy is a good game you son of a bitch don't you dare say mean things about my waifu
>>
Vectorman 1 was cool for the time. No other game like it. 2 is sucky cause its too hard.
>>
>>37547218
Plok! is the best platforming game ever.
>>
>>3754309
good game
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg (54KB, 256x250px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg
54KB, 256x250px
I know it's been beaten to death, but pic related is the only retro vidya I've ever forced myself to play long enough to develop a genuine hatred for. I don't think I liked a single aspect of it besides the music.

I'm sure there were other games I played that were bad and deserved hatred, probably even games I owned and grew up with as a kid, but I either quickly dropped them, or didn't know any better because I was 6 years old and I was playing video games so yay.
>>
>>3754318
Someone on /vr/ will always claim that every game is good. I bet if you made a thread about Waterworld on Virtual Boy, someone would defend it. It's like opposite /v/ sometimes.
>>
>>3754309
The first Vectorman is a sort of clumsy, okay platformer, that is mainly heralded because of its graphics.

The second Vectorman is unplayable garbage and I'd believe the rumors that it was outsourced to some other shit development team.
>>
>>3757824
im with you on this one. i thought ff8 was a smelly stinky game. even when it was first released and EVERYONE was all over it.
triple triad is legit though.
>>
File: vectorman-gen-ingame-29780.gif (14KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
vectorman-gen-ingame-29780.gif
14KB, 320x224px
>>3754309
Vectorman is average at best, it's not even that good graphically, it has some neat effects, but terrible use of colours.

Vectorman 2 is even worse, it lacks the special effects of the first one and doesn't even have a proper ending.

>>3754318
This one is mediocre too, the amazing OST is the only saving grace.
>>
>>3758441
second one is much better
no dull maze-like levels, no same 4 robo-enemies all fucking game, more fun special abilities

better visuals course, that 16-bit dinamic lighting emulation!
>>
File: GadgetTwins_MD_US_Box.jpg (1MB, 2000x1276px) Image search: [Google]
GadgetTwins_MD_US_Box.jpg
1MB, 2000x1276px
Cool box art, though.
>>
>>3754318
I'm curious, why did this game in particular get such a fucking negative response?
Is it really that bad? What's wrong with it?
>>
>>3758496

Well no shit the colors will look bad if you play with exposed dithering.
>>
File: cover-front.jpg (102KB, 600x616px) Image search: [Google]
cover-front.jpg
102KB, 600x616px
This, it was the predictable rpg I've ever played.
It had a horrible aesthetic,forgettable characters, and shitty mechanics.
>>
>>3754309
I really hated vagrant story even though everyone loves it
>>
>>3755139
>calls people 14-year-old dipshits
>can't spell or use punctuation properly.
>>
>>3759882
>Implying he's not right
Vectorman is entry level as fuck
>>
>>3754309
I don't get why people hate this game so much. Sure, it's kinda generic, but it plays well and it has some decent graphical effects too.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.