[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some good japan-only games that have full english translations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: magicknight.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
magicknight.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
what are some good japan-only games that have full english translations?

also any good full rom hacks you could recommend?

i just started Magic Knight Rayearth for snes, and it's pretty alright. i'm just hoping for things i haven't played before. (preferably nes, snes, genesis, game gear, master system, game boy, game boy color, or gba)
>>
File: 3702753.png (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
3702753.png
24KB, 640x480px
King Colossus is a great action RPG for Sega Genesis. If you like Zelda and Ys, you should like this game too.
>>
A few games actually were released in Japan with full English for whatever reason.
>Mobile Suit Z Gundam: Hot Scramble
>DigDug's NES port.
>There's one for the FDS called Ai Senshi Nicol

As far as recommendations outside of the usual? Chaos Seed's translation is pretty recent, remember to listen to the tutorial very closely though, it's quite the different game.
>>
>>3752667
The SNES version of Tales of Phantasia, translated by DeJap.
>>
i actually just found some complete rom sets that have a few hacks as well as region exclusive games included.
>Cylum's rom sets

but please keep giving suggestions. it'll help me choose some to try out first.
>>
>>3752667
Seiken Densetsu 3 is baby's first import.

Front Mission and Fire Emblem.
Ganpuru: Gunman's Proof
Terranigma (technically had PAL release, but inferior europoor 50hz)
Alchahest.
The Firemen
Bahamut Lagoon
Brandish 2: The PLanet Buster (although PC-Engine version is better)

All decent, probably the most well known SNES JP onry's
>>
File: alexpkeaton.gif (828KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
alexpkeaton.gif
828KB, 400x305px
>>3752725
i've played through secret of mana 2, terranigma, and a bit of the firemen & fire emblem 776. i've never even heard of the other's though, aside from fire emblem.
>>
>>3752667
good question
>>
Battle mania daiginjou
They did a full weeb and a localized version of the patch
>>
>>3752667
Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden if you like /m/anly stuff
>>
>>3753052
Sorry, didn't read the OP fully. @G is for the playstation
>>
is there an english patch for ganbare goemon 2, 3, or 4 on snes?
>>
>>3752738
Slayers SNES.
Has Eng Trans Patch.
>>
>>3752725
Brandish 2 didn't come out on the PC Engine also the Firemen also came out in PAL
>>
currently a little ways into Treasure of the Tudras. pretty cool if you like 16 bit final fantasy.
>>
>>3753120
never heard of this before awesome
>>
>>3753046
Great game with great music. It might be a little easy for shmup veterans though.
>>
File: Nadia-Secret-of-Blue-Water-6.gif (11KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Nadia-Secret-of-Blue-Water-6.gif
11KB, 256x224px
Fushigi no umi no Nadia (Nadia: The secret of blue water) for Mega Drive.
>>
>>3752697
>le meme translation xD
PS1 has better gameplay, pick up one of those. If you'd like something akin to earlier translations get the Cless patch.
>>
http://agtp.romhack.net/projects.php

Look at the "Completed" list.
>>
File: MarvelousMnT.jpg (48KB, 283x500px) Image search: [Google]
MarvelousMnT.jpg
48KB, 283x500px
>>3752667
Marvelous for the Super Famicom is pretty good. It was directed by Eiji Aonuma before he went on design Ocarina of Time. It was heavily influenced by Link to the Past as well. You switch between 3 characters and solve puzzles and just generally adventure about on a big quest.
>>
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2061/
wizardry in a japanese setting basically.
plays like the originals with some of the newer races like felpurr, lizardmen, and dragon folk.
>>
>>3753918
been playing this all day. it's fantastic.
>>
File: bounty sword.jpg (23KB, 236x409px) Image search: [Google]
bounty sword.jpg
23KB, 236x409px
>>
>>3753642

>tfw Lady Stalker will never be finished
>>
>>3752680
Neat! This is my favorite genre, and I never heard of it, so thanks!

>>3753918
Definitely gonna check this out, too! Sweet!
>>
>>3752667
Glory of Heracles IV,Treasure of the Rudas.
>>
File: 24134190_p0.jpg (636KB, 900x642px) Image search: [Google]
24134190_p0.jpg
636KB, 900x642px
>>3752667
Yu-No
>>
Barver battle saga on mega drive. This stuff is very obscure, the official release was only in Taiwan. And pirate version could be found in Russia. Production value is surprisingly high though. It's one of the best b-title jrpgs on genesis.
>>
File: glory of heracles 3.jpg (67KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
glory of heracles 3.jpg
67KB, 640x350px
Glory of Heracles 3 is underrated JRPG kino. The music is top notch and the scenario design by the guy behind FF7 is surprisingly good.
>>
Mystic Ark
Live-a-live
>>
>>3755494
I thought it was just an inferior dragon quest clone?
>>
star ocean: fantastic space odyssey is pretty legit

I can safely say that I enjoy both the fantastic PSP remake and the original super famicom game
>>
>>3755297
Never heard of this but seems interesting, thanks.
>>
If you enjoyed the Pokemon TCG for the Gameboy, the sequel which has twice as much content, is fan-translated.

Also the remake of Final Fantasy Legends II for the DS has been translated, which I actually enjoy over the original.
>>
>>3755494
the first one was too much for me, but the rest are pretty great, even if they play fast and loose with the mythology
definitely worth a try.
>>
>>3755796
been playing the sequel. love it, even though it seems a lot harder than the first. i wish they'd translate and release it on the eshop.
>>
>>3753918
>Aonumadrone
>>
Dragon Quest Monsters - Caravan Heart
>>
>>3755549
I mean it probably is a clone when it comes to the combat, but I feel like a lot of heart and soul was put into it.
>>
>>3752667
Kek
>>
http://snesrpggaming.weebly.com/snesbs-x.html

Youre welcome
>>
>>3752667
Kanon Enterprise Edition
>>
Fire Emblem 4 has a good beta at the moment. Soon to be patched with the FE Heroes names from the hero ballot.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.