[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any games with this feel? Nothing ever came close to I felt with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: sdffsdf.jpg (197KB, 1440x1052px) Image search: [Google]
sdffsdf.jpg
197KB, 1440x1052px
Any games with this feel? Nothing ever came close to I felt with this game again. You feel like you're on in a small town in rural Japan, but with just a hint of Western added to it. Besides that there's also this other aspect to it that's hard to describe...but it feels mysterious and magical, similar to how Majora's Mask made you feel (without the spook).
>>
>>3752028
one bump. part of me thinks it doesn't exist. I want to make a game that captures this feel. stardew valley tried capturing the SNES harvest moon feel but fell short still of what this one had.
>>
try one of the other 63 Harvest Moons
>>
>>3752551
Ive tried almost all of them and they're so vastly different it's insane
>>
Stardew Valley
>>
>>3752556
nope. played it and while it was fun and I did enjoy it, it doesn't capture still what HM64 did, though it comes close in some ways.
>>
>>3752552
Even Back to Nature on PS1?
>>
File: chulip_01.jpg (146KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
chulip_01.jpg
146KB, 600x425px
>>3752028
It's PS2 so it doesn't fit the qualifications of this board, but I think you might like this OP
>>
>>3752028
kek
>>
>>3752028
Is this any good?
>>
You should take a bunch of ketamine and acid trips. This will reset your brain, and allow you to realize why you've got this particular spook, and assess what to do about it moving forward.
>>
>>3752732

the harvest moon for ps1 has a lot more in it as far as festivals and things to do, but this one definitely has the best feel of the entire series

OP's right, there's just something about this game
>>
>>3752028
So tired of hearing about this
>>
File: 1416632341262.jpg (18KB, 154x305px) Image search: [Google]
1416632341262.jpg
18KB, 154x305px
this game in particular just stresses me out. Day's already done two seconds after you leave the house.

It pretends to be comfy but it isn't at all, take it slow and relaxed and you will comparatively fail. Japanese life lesson, I guess.
>>
>>3752028
What is exactly the difference between this one and the PS1 one?
Apart from the perspective, aren't they the same?

Hard to find any others like this. Harvest Moon GBC3 in special is great. It actually provides you with a game worth playing twice, as the boy and as the girl, as they do different chores.
You can try the less known Innocent Life (not retro) which is a different game, inspired by Harvest Moon, but NOT HARVEST MOON. (Meaning there's no marriage and not much interaction with other characters, which sounds like a bad thing but it's not)
>>
>>3752028
Harvest Moon Back to Nature and Harvest Moon 64 are quite memorable games, while I don't think that others Harvest Moon games come close to the "comfy" and "rural" feel that you're talking about, I personally liked a lot of the Rune Factory sub-series, a lot more than any newer Harvest Moon game, not saying that the game is identical to BTN or 64, but it's really good in its own way (at least imo).
>>
>>3752686
Back to Nature was the next closest, I did enjoy it though the load times were killer
>>3752689
Loved the feeling of this game but hated the gameplay. great feel though and possibly one of the closest to HM64, but quite a bit darker.
>>3753404
They are very different aside from the graphics. The gameplay for the PS1 is a bit slower, but has more depth. Also the PS1 version has horrible load times.
>>3753414
There are so many Rune Factories I'm not sure where to start. I just want that comfortable feeling of being in rural Japan.

This might seem off topic but bare with me, closest anime that gave the feeling to HM64 was Tenchi Muyo. It had the feeling of being in the comfy country side but with a strange mysterious supernatural element in the background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGs5c-M33qI
>>
>>3753404
Harvest Moon 64 and Back to Nature use the game graphical assets but they are otherwise completely different games. They have different town layouts, events, the NPCs even have different roles and backstories between them. Even some of the mechanics like upgrading tools work differently between them. I personally prefer 64 for the atmosphere and writing which I feel is a bit better.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.